Sign in to follow this  
Mike

War of the Worlds

Anyone see it or going to see it? I saw it last night..I enjoyed it. Very entertaining and worth seeing in the theatre I believe. The FX were awesome..A lot different that the original but they did a good job with it.. :lol:

I refuse to see it o principal

I liked the original

and i hate Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise isn't an actor whom I really like either but the movie was cool..I'm glad I saw it..

Saw it on a Friday afternoon matinee it was a decent story the special effects were awesome as were the Aliens a upgrade from the first movie and the tripods machines were also pretty heavy duty.

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I refuse to see it o principal

I liked the original

and i hate Tom Cruise

336987[/snapback]

Amen to that. Tom Cruise is in it and that is enough to keep me away.

the book was much better

337002[/snapback]

Agreed. I'd much rather see a War of the Worlds that was much closer to the book. So far only the Orsen Welles radio production really did the book justice. Having said that the new film is good as simply another blockbuster but not quite as good as the new Star Wars though.

Hey Tm Agreed:)

I went to the Museam of Television and Radio here in NY and listened to the original broadcast. It was WONDERUL. Orsen wells' voice is amazing

EVE: That is why i am going to see Fantastic 4 this week. I want to support this movie and now WOTW..I pity Steven Speilburg though. he is a good director

Shame on Tom Cruise SHAME

the book was much better

337002[/snapback]

How do you know that for a fact if you didn't see it? :lol:

Anyway I saw it and though I will admit it's been a loooooooong time since any scenes in a film had me so edgy that I thought about crawling under the seat, I am giving this one an over all thumbs down.

Click For Spoiler

Too many questions raised imo, I cannot recommend this one except maybe on DVD.

However as I said above there are a few moments of real terror sadly missing from every film intended to be scary put out these days but, it's many problems over shadow this one strength.

Alterego

Any book is much better than the movie. It opens people imaginations and gives them time to save 10 dollers on a movie

We just got back from seeing it and... well... it was a movie. :hug:

To paraphrase Bart Simpson, how does something both suck and blow at the same time?

Good effects. Decent acting. Crappy dialogue. Worse plot.

OK, it wasn't awful. But like AE said, it left way too many unanswered questions and had a bunch of tiny plot holes.

For one: How was that guy's video camera still working at the beginning?!? :lol:

A respectable blockbuster, but I don't have any desire to see it again.

5/10

I went to see War of the Worlds earlier and I thought it was great. I haven’t seen the original so I can’t compare them (I might try to get it)

I thought the acting was excellent (cruise was brilliant) and I love how the story was focused on the three characters and how the story is concentrating on their lives and their survival which made it really emotional.

It really made me think, what would i do in that situation, how far would I go to survive.

I will definitely be getting the DVD when it is released.

I saw this movie yesterday. I feel it was just ok. I wouldn't see it a 2nd time. It followed the book pretty well but I always felt the ending in the book was bad.

I thought it was only ok, good special effects, but too many unanswered things. I should get the book.

I read the book years ago. The movie is pretty faithful to it. Thats why it was a bit boring. The book never impressed me much.

Dont now if i want to watch it, I loved the original and im afraid this will ruin it just like every remake ruins the original

the book was much better

337002[/snapback]

That Goes Without Saying For Any Movie Based On A Book.

I Rather Enjoyed The Movie, Though. I Didn't Really Care That Tom Cruise Was In It.

Right on Tinadoll reading and even the radio lets your mind go far more places than a movie.

i forgot about the radio show!

Orsen Welles did a fab job !!!!

* Radio some one stil loves you!*

I just saw it yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen the 50's version in ages, so I can't compare them until I see it again (though I remember I thought the 50's version was spectacular), but I think they are both definitely worth seeing again.

i went to watch this a few days ago. It isnt to bad but I dont like the Ending, The original is better.

We just got back from seeing it and... well... it was a movie. :lol:

To paraphrase Bart Simpson, how does something both suck and blow at the same time?

Good effects. Decent acting. Crappy dialogue. Worse plot.

OK, it wasn't awful. But like AE said, it left way too many unanswered questions and had a bunch of tiny plot holes.

For one: How was that guy's video camera still working at the beginning?!? :wow:

A respectable blockbuster, but I don't have any desire to see it again.

5/10

337165[/snapback]

I tend to agree. Although I kinda liked the dialogue. The problem is that the whole film is all foreplay but no climax. Still- it sure beats garbage like "Independence Day"

How come everyone has such a problem with Tom Cruise? For better or for worse, he is one of the best American actors currently living in Hollywood and has worked up an impressive body of films. I think these are his best films:

Born on the 4th of July (Dir. Oliver Stone)

Magnolia (Dir. Paul Thomas Anderson)

Collateral (Dir. Michael Mann)

Minority Report (Dir. Stephen Spielberg)

The Color of Money (Dir. Martin Scorsese)

Personally I think all of those films are excellent.

Edited by Validus