Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Breast Feeding on the Ohio Turnpike

Should she be charged with child endangerment?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should she be charged with child endangerment?

• Yes, she should be charged with child endangerment
    • No, she did nothing wrong
    • Yes, she should be charged and she's and idiot
    • What are you talking about?

I saw this on the news tonight. This woman was pulled over, after taking three miles to stop, for holding and breast feeding her one month old infant while driving on the Ohio Turnpike. She claims she did nothing wrong. Personally, I think what she did was very dangerous and she deserves the charges.

Yes, she should be charged and she's and idiot

I don't even know where to start on this one. wtf.gifjpshakehead.gif

It's hard enough trying to concentrate in traffic when you are giving all of your attention to driving. Can you imagine trying to concentrate while talking on a mobile phone held between your shoulder and neck and your hands fully occupied with a baby feeding?

Talk about not thinking!

I think she should be charged for driving dangerously and for child endagerment. Driving while breast feeding is ovbiously more dangerous than driving while using a cell phone, but let's put this aside. Even "IF" she could do that safely, what if she were hit by another car? The baby would deffinately not survive as it wasn't secured in it's baby seat.

I have to agree she should be charged I do beleve that it is law that a child be in its seat at all times while the car in moving but I could be wrong but still.

I have to agree she should be charged I do beleve that it is law that a child be in its seat at all times while the car in moving but I could be wrong but still.

You're right it is the law. It's also common sense. There's just no excuse for it. Waiting a few minutes to be fed is not going to kill a child, being thrown through a windshield will.

She should be charged, she was putting her childs life in danger. She should have just pulled over at the nearest gas station, turned off the car and then fed the baby. I don't know how she got it in her head that it was okay to breast-feed while driving :laugh:

I think she should be charged for driving dangerously and for child endagerment.  Driving while breast feeding is ovbiously more dangerous than driving while using a cell phone, but let's put this aside.  Even "IF" she could do that safely, what if she were hit by another car?  The baby would deffinately not survive as it wasn't secured in it's baby seat.

I agree. And it is against the law in most states, if not all, for a child to be out of a car seat while the car is in motion.

It is child endangerment simply from the standpoint of the child not being secured in a carseat, regardless of what other activity was going on. The thought of an unsecured one-month old infant flying around in a car as the result of an accident is downright scary.

:laugh: That's a first..What will they think up next? She should definitly be repramanded.(sp)

Okay, I voted that she should be charged and that she is an idiot, but my vote is kind of biased, as I know the woman (I work with her brother), and she is an idiot. Last thing that I heard was that she was being charged with reckless driving, failure to utilize a child safety seat, and child endangerment. Her driver's license has been suspended until the case is heard in court.

:laugh: Talk about small world! I voted she should be charged but I would also like to add I am against talking on cell phones while driving as well.

Okay, I voted that she should be charged and that she is an idiot, but my vote is kind of biased, as I know the woman (I work with her brother), and she is an idiot.  Last thing that I heard was that she was being charged with reckless driving, failure to utilize a child safety seat, and child endangerment.  Her driver's license has been suspended until the case is heard in court.

Thats nuts D!

Unbelievable!!!!!!  If she is that stupid, she shouldn't even have the child in her care. ;)  :laugh:

I agree, she should be punished, but taking her child away? Isn't that going to the extreme?

Captain, what would be a fitting punshiment- jail, (kinda the same effect) a fine, a warning?

:laugh: Talk about small world! I voted she should be charged but I would also like to add I am against talking on cell phones while driving as well.

Here here. We were driving behind someone who was on a cell phone and we didn't know what he was going to do next. It was very unnerving. ;)

;) Talk about small world! I voted she should be charged but I would also like to add I am against talking on cell phones while driving as well.

Here here. We were driving behind someone who was on a cell phone and we didn't know what he was going to do next. It was very unnerving. ;)

Back long before the invention of the cell phone I got a ticket ($50 fine) for wearing a set of headphones (only covered one ear but the officer would not hear of it :laugh: ), I was very annoyed when I began seeing drivers talking on phones without the law doing anything about that. I would also like to add here that I am for a woman’s (imo, God given) right to breast feed their baby's (yes, even in public, discreetly) in fact I prefer it in every case unless the mother is UNABLE to produce milk.

Okay, I voted that she should be charged and that she is an idiot, but my vote is kind of biased, as I know the woman (I work with her brother), and she is an idiot.  Last thing that I heard was that she was being charged with reckless driving, failure to utilize a child safety seat, and child endangerment.  Her driver's license has been suspended until the case is heard in court.

And I hope she gets is punished for those charges.

Perhaps they should suspend her license for a long period of time...A year or more.

Unbelievable!!!!!!  If she is that stupid, she shouldn't even have the child in her care. :laugh:  ;)

I agree, she should be punished, but taking her child away? Isn't that going to the extreme?

If she'd been in an accident the child would have likely been crushed between her and the steering wheel; smashed by an airbag or thrown about the vehicle. Even a low speed impact could have been fatal. She put that child's life at risk. What kind of parent is that?

Unbelievable!!!!!!  If she is that stupid, she shouldn't even have the child in her care. :laugh:  ;)

If she'd been in an accident the child would have likely been crushed between her and the steering wheel; smashed by an airbag or thrown about the vehicle. Even a low speed impact could have been fatal. She put that child's life at risk. What kind of parent is that?

A bad parent, but nothing happened. If she did it again, then I could see grounds to take her child away, but it's a one-time offence, as far as I know. She should get a warning. This is like that mom who had her children taken away becuase a security camera caught her disciplining her children. ;) I'm so sick of that children survices crap. Do you know how many children get taken from perfectly good homes and then get abused in the foster home system? Really, it's enough to make one sick.

A bad parent, but nothing happened. If she did it again, then I could see grounds to take her child away, but it's a one-time offence, as far as I know. She should get a warning. This is like that mom who had her children taken away becuase a security camera caught her disciplining her children. ;) I'm so sick of that children survices crap. Do you know how many children get taken from perfectly good homes and then get abused in the foster home system? Really, it's enough to make one sick.

So basically as long as nothing happens it is okay to put a child in danger? Kind of like a mother pointing a gun to her child's head and playing Russian Roulette, as long as the bullet does not happen to be in the chamber and nothing happens to that kid, should that mother just be given a warning as well, so that she can turn around and do the same thing again a week later, and run the chance that next time the bullet will be in the chamber?

To me there is no difference between the two situations.

So basically as long as nothing happens it is okay to put a child in danger? Kind of like a mother pointing a gun to her child's head and playing Russian Roulette, as long as the bullet does not happen to be in the chamber and nothing happens to that kid, should that mother just be given a warning as well, so that she can turn around and do the same thing again a week later, and run the chance that next time the bullet will be in the chamber?

To me, there is every bit of difference. They are beyond comparrison. There's unintelltional child endagerment, and then there's intentional child endagerment.

Unbelievable!!!!!!  If she is that stupid, she shouldn't even have the child in her care. ;)  ;)

A bad parent, but nothing happened. If she did it again, then I could see grounds to take her child away, but it's a one-time offence, as far as I know. She should get a warning. This is like that mom who had her children taken away becuase a security camera caught her disciplining her children. :laugh: I'm so sick of that children survices crap. Do you know how many children get taken from perfectly good homes and then get abused in the foster home system? Really, it's enough to make one sick.

To me, there is every bit of difference. They are beyond comparrison. There's unintelltional child endagerment, and then there's intentional child endagerment.

How do you get unintentional out of her behavior? What she did was beyond reprehensible. She willingly, intentional and knowingly placed that child's life at risk. If she is so incredibly stupid that she didn't think what she was doing was dangerous - then she needs to be locked away because she's probably a danger to herself as well.