Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

I think I just saw a UFO

I stepped outside to have a cigarette and, as I usually do I looked up into the sky. Toward the horizon I saw what I at first thought of as the running lights of an airplane. Except they were red. So I watched it for a moment, then called my girl outside to look at it. It wasn't going spectacularly fast, and it was going basically the same direction the whole time, basically from the north-east going toward the south-west, but it did swerve side to side now and then. Once it had passed overhead, it slowed to the point that it didn't seem to move very much. All of a sudden, three smaller red lights moved quickly away from it, each smaller light going in a different direction. After that, the large red light flickered and vanished.

I can't think of anything else it could be. At first I thought maybe some sort of military exercise, but that doesn't explain why the large light would flicker and vanish.

Hmm...

That sounds weird

If i may ask: What state do you live in?

I hear that if you live near a military base you see weird crap like that all the time

I live in southern California. Camp Pendleton is about 30 miles south, and further south is Naval Base San Diego. Usually you hear about weird stuff like that near Air Force Bases.

So I watched it for a moment, then called my girl outside to look at it.

Sounds like that scene in the new War of the Worlds. :)

Yeah I saw a UFO yesterday he had blonde hair and blue eyes and he was about 5.5" and he was so cute....oh opps- UFOs! Ah. Don't believe in them. :)

So I watched it for a moment, then called my girl outside to look at it.

Sounds like that scene in the new War of the Worlds. :)

334561[/snapback]

Don't say that! My life has reminding me of a lot of pop culture lately. The other day I get home from work, and just as I get onto the little walk up to the front door, my girl and our son come out the door. Reminded me of a 50's sitcom. At least it was a briefcase in my hand, but an old beat-up Korean War-era medics bad with the names of several dozen punk bands written on it. :)

too bad you didn't have  video camera handy - we might have seen you on the news.

334652[/snapback]

I do wish I had a video camera. Definitely. But I wouldn't want to be on the news. I'd probably be attributed to being one of those nut-jobs who always yell about how they were abducted during Nam and got probed be George Bush Jr and John Kerry wearing bikinis made of tofu...

Ew, that's a disturbing image...

OMG me and my friends saw the exact same thing, at first i thought it was a helicopter, then a plane, but as it got closer it becae obvious it wasn't. This was at about 1 this morning..

OMG me and my friends saw the exact same thing, at first i thought it was a helicopter, then a plane, but as it got closer it becae obvious it wasn't. This was at about 1 this morning..

334676[/snapback]

Really? I saw it earlier than that. It was between 10 and 10:30 pm.

334676[/snapback]

Really? I saw it earlier than that. It was between 10 and 10:30 pm.

334686[/snapback]

Well you're across the Atlantic, this is kind of creepy...

It was round with 3 white search lights and the rest was red/orange glow, we were in the park last night, and 6 of us saw it.

Wow Wishfire, the similarity of your story and mine are striking. :jaw:

I too had my first UFO encounter soon after I began exploring my spiritually and relationship to God in earnest (referring to you other recent post "Help me find God".) I am not saying God and the UFOs are one and the same but the timing between your two posts and the similarity of our cases imo goes beyond coincidence.

As if all that weren't enough, just last night I spotted and managed to get a few seconds of a UFO on our digital video camera, if/when I get a camera to PC cable I'll post it along with all the shocking details of the encounter.

It was probably just a trick of the light or somethin'. In my personal opinion, alien UFOs don't exist. But yeah, you did see a UFO because it was an Unidentified Flying Object to YOU. Well, I just gave my three cents.

I believe alien life exists. I just don't think they visit Earth in full view of the public with lights on which may as well say "LOOK, WE ARE ALIENS!!!!"

Given your proximity to Camp Pendleton, the possibility of an Aircraft cannot be ruled out. Aircraft DO have red running lights. Also, a certain Marine aircaft is capable of stopping in midflight, as are helicoptors, and most choppers have a red light located near the rotar. the smaller lights could be flares, but then I am just hypothesysing.