Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Do you ever truly enjoy yourself?

A lot of people find themselves in situations where they have to meet responsibilities and commitments - work would be a major one (or school) and for many people it's both; then of course there is family, and there are other duties imposed on us maybe by our community or some organization we belong to. Many times we choose to belong to these organizations but sometimes it can seem overwhelming and that there is little time left to truly enjoy one's life. I am still trying to figure out who are those people that wake up every morning and say "oh boy, I get to go to work"

Many years ago I lived in a city where they had a community education program and I signed up for an art class at a nearby highschool (at night). That was one of the most wonderful experiences I had - everyone in that class room was there because they were doing something they enjoyed. How often do we have that experience where everyone is in the room because they want to be and they love what they are doing? I will never be a great artist but I did learn some things about color and perspective that have shaped how I look at things (in the literal sense) but more importantly I miss doing something for the sake of simply enjoying it (yes I feel overwhelmed by the demands in my life)

What do you do simply for the sake of enjoyment? Do you get to do it very often?

Yoga is one of the things I do for myself, mentally and physically, it does so much for me

I used to do it once a week, now twice.

That's not including practicing at home.

I also love to paint.

Somehow after being so creative, I feel I can fly.

I enjoy myself by getting drunk. :)

Cuddling with my girlfriend is also good. :)

I find myself most relaxed,and enjoying myself when the other people I live with and am responsible for are happy.That tells me I'm doing my job as a big brother.So I am most enjoying myself when I'm cooking something they like,or we are watching a great film and my sister and brother are clearly enjoying themselves,or we're on an outing somewhere.

i draw even though i'm not that good at it. i also do a lot of creative writing. that's when i truely enjoy myself.

tm :unsure:

Lately I feel like I'm trying to keep everyone happy, and no one takes responsiblity for their own happiness.

I'm beginning to resent it big time.

I'm ready to take a vacation just to get some balance and to get away from the vampirish attitudes around me.

If i ever enjoyed myself its been to

long to remember

Click For Spoiler

Message to self learn what enjoying yourself

is like.

I do enjoy myself. I like reading books and learning something new. I like it when I complete a job and someone notices it.

talking to everyone here about my favorite topics is very relaxing and I consider this fun, that's why I keep coming back, you guys rock :wow:

Besides that; I like video games, reading Trek novels (the only kind I read), playing Magic:the Gathering, Chess. Sadly don't have a girlfriend (never have) and I'm 22 years old :P , yes I'm a typical nerd :unsure: B) :lol: .

i draw even though i'm not that good at it. i also do a lot of creative writing. that's when i truely enjoy myself.

tm :unsure:

335620[/snapback]

Really? I study creative writing as part as my college course. :P