Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Best Star Trek Actor Turned Director

Best Director (See post #5 for episode list)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Best Director (See post #5 for episode list)

• Michael Dorn
    • LeVar Burton
    • Roxann Dawson
    • Rene Auberjonois
    • Robert Picardo
    • Robert Duncan McNeill
    • Alexander Siddig
    • Avery Brooks
    • Gates McFadden
    • Jonathan Frakes
    • Leonard Nimoy
    • William Shatner
    • Patrick Stewart

Just wondering who you have as a favourite actor turned director from and of the Star Trek Series. I have to go with either Levar Burton, thought he did a great job with the Augments episode on 'Enterprise' among others, or maybe Jonathan Frakes. Pop down which episode of theirs you thought was best also.

Edited by Matt

I will also go with Burton. It seems most of the actors enjoy being in episodes he directs and he generally directs good episodes. I hope he gets a shot at the next Trek movie, he deserves it. He is the only actor-turned-director to direct an episode of each spin-off series.

Burton's best episode? Hmm...Timeless (VGR). I love that ep.

Honourable mention for Similitude (ENT), Cogenitor (ENT), and Dreadnought (VGR).

I will also go with Burton. It seems most of the actors enjoy being in episodes he directs and he generally directs good episodes. I hope he gets a shot at the next Trek movie, he deserves it. He is the only actor-turned-director to direct an episode of each spin-off series.

Burton's best episode? Hmm...Timeless (VGR). I love that ep.

Honourable mention for Similitude (ENT), Cogenitor (ENT), and Dreadnought (VGR).

332410[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly.

Hmmmmmm..... Let me see... who can I pick? :P

I pick Patrick Stewart, of course. Love the episode "Phantasms"!!! (he always directs Data episodes, it seems, except for "Preemptive Strike") :eek: ) B)

Jon Frakes did a great job, too... but I had to pick Pat. :thumbs:

I can't decide. It's between Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton and Roxann Dawson for me.

For those who aren't familiar with what episodes each of these individuals directed, here's a list:

Click For Spoiler

Of the individuals listed, Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton, Robert Duncan McNeill and Roxann Dawson are the ones with the most extensive non-Trek directing resumes now.

I've always loved this tradition in Star Trek where actors eventually move into directing and producing.

Some people claim that acting in Star Trek is the death knell for someone's career but I rather disagree and I say that it offers far more opportunities that one may at first think.

I picked Leonard Nimoy. He did a great job on the movies he directed and , unlike other Trek stars turned director, was able to fan out and direct a few huge box office movies.

i voted jonathan frakes he has directed some of my favorite trek episodes and movies and a few none trek movies as well.

tm :thumbs: