Sign in to follow this  

yep, I watched it, but I already have Evil Dead 1 and 2 and Army of Darkness on DVD. Big fan. They are working on a remake of Evil Dead and Evil Dead 4 right now, I can't wait! :yahoo:

Bruce is going to be one of the Producers for the movie. I actually think it's a good thing to get ED out again, no one knows what Evil Dead is except for a handful, I know. I've been to many websites and almost every one doesn't know what I'm talking about when I mention Evil Dead or Ash.

People will see the remake, get interested in Evil Dead, go back and see the original. No, it won't be as good as the original, but atleast people will know about this fantastic series.

Does anyone have an actuall source that can confirm there is going to be an Evil Dead 4? There have been rumours ever since Army of Darkness came out and it hasn't happened yet.

Is it going to start off where the non-director's cut AoD ended? Kick some zombie *buttocks* in the department store? Lol.

yep, Sam announced it officially the same time he announced the remake of ED. I post the article that I read in a magazine on another site, it'll take me a while to find it but when I do, I'll post it here too.

found it This is an article from Dreamwatch magazine

Spider-Man’s Sam Raimi has revealed plans to direct Bruce Campbell as demon-slaying Ash in a fourth Evil Dead film, despite an impending remake of the original. Raimi reports “There will be an Evil Dead 4, and there will also be an Evil Dead remake. The remake will be produced by Ghost House pictures, and it will star a new cast and a completely new director.” Addressing the fourth film, Raimi says, “Part 4 will be a continuation of the original.”

AN INTERVIEW WITH BRUCE CAMPBELL

On the "Evil Dead" remake: "We're going to do the remake and none of us feel bad about it because it's our own remake. We're not getting some 1970's TV show out of Aaron Spelling's file draw and making a movie. This is our own movie. So we're gonna update it for a new generation with new effects and tell a new story with a new cast. We'll be pulling the strings from behind. And hopefully they'll like it. I don't know when it will come about. It'll take a while to find a director and to write it and get it all set but it's gonna be made."

On the "Evil Dead" sequel: "Everybody wants to make it. I do, Sam does, Rob Tapert does, so that's not an issue. The only issue is that this guy happens to have stumbled into a phenomenon. So until that dies down he won't have time. And really... there's no more mystery. That's it. There's nothing beyond that. It really is that simple. To tell the guy who made Spider-man to stop so he can make Evil Dead 4... it doesn't compute."