Sign in to follow this  
Spike The Trill

Have you ever met anyone from TOS?

Just like the title says, have you ever met any of the TOS actors? I've met:

William Shanter

George Takei

Nichele Nicoles

Majel Barret (though i think I can also count her as a TNG actor too) :drool:

I also have an autographed photo of James Doohan, though I've never met him, and sadly, mostly likely never will :clap:

Majel Barrett at a convention, I almost literally ran into her. Wasn't looking where I was going and just saw someone out of the corner of my eye and stopped. I apologised rather profusely, never realized who she was until later that day ,I saw her up on stage and truly felt the fool. I saw Jim Doohan at a personal appearance at a Mall near me.

Though I've never personally met any of the regular stars from TOS, I do maintain a contact with one of it's guest stars. Derek Partridge, who is now one of our voice talents, played Dionyd in the episode "Platos Stepchildren". He's now living in Vegas and doing commercial voice work with us on a regular basis. He's a former citizen of England now naturalized and still doing some acting as well. I hook up with him through ISDN lines when someone wants to use his voice in any commercial work I or the studio does. One of the nicest people I've ever met and we've had quite a few discussions regarding his time shooting the episode. He even sent one of his Star Trek publicity photos to me which I have on display in my control room alongside all the other Star Trek paraphenalia I've plastered on the walls here. I've also shook Gene Roddenberry's hand and had a brief talk with him back in the early 70's when one of the first early Sci-Fi conventions made an appearance in Milwaukee. I got to tell Gene that because of Star Trek, I planned on making a career in engineering, although that plan turned into a career in audio engineering. But because of Star Trek, I now make a living in the world of technology.

I've met all of the Trek actors at one point or another. Some of the more interesting interactions were:

George Takei - went jogging with him once.

Walter Koenig - had dinner with him

William Campbel (Not a regular. Played Trelane and Koloth) - Had dinner with him.

The rest of them I've met at cons. I have pictures of myself either shaking hands with them or hugging them hanging on my basement wall.

Sat in the booth next to Koenig at a restaurant during a convention when I was younger, but that's it.

I have seen many of the TOS actors at conventions but sadly have not really met any other than brief conversations in autograph lines.