Sign in to follow this  
Data

The Blue Angels

I got to see them practicing for the show at NAS Willow Grove, this weekend. It has been a really cool late afternoon, here. OOORAHH

I see em every year we go to the Miramar airshow. When I was kid living in LA I remember we lived close to an airbase there and would see them practicing around & over our neighborhood. I have vivid memories of them flying over so low that when they were banked into a turn we could make out their heads in the cockpits. They'd even wave at us on occasion.

not me, the Pentagon i hutting down a bunch of Military bases around the country that will hurt these little towns econmy and yet they kep them up and running

I agree with you on the part about the base closings, but, IMO, groups like the Blue Angles are ,more or less, PR, and as long as the goverment has them flying, it shows the miltary in a good light.

Not to meantion they put on a hell of a show.

:clap:

a waste of taxpayers Money

326536[/snapback]

You don't understand them. One of their primary missions is as a Recruiting tool. They motivate young men and women to join the Navy, even if they won't neccisarilly become a Fighter Pilot. THat, and it is also an opportunity to show off to the American People what they are getting for their money when they shell out $100 million for a single F/A-18 Fighter.

:clap:
a waste of taxpayers Money

326536[/snapback]

You don't understand them. One of their primary missions is as a Recruiting tool. They motivate young men and women to join the Navy, even if they won't neccisarilly become a Fighter Pilot. THat, and it is also an opportunity to show off to the American People what they are getting for their money when they shell out $100 million for a single F/A-18 Fighter.

326892[/snapback]

They are also an inspiration to anybody who is serving or served in the armed forces. Well, they always inspired me. Well, I just love flying. I wish I could do the stuff they do.

Hey, Jim, some of them are Marines.

Edited by Data