trek_dude

Favorite Star Wars Original Trilogy Movie

Favorite Original Trilogy Movie  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Original Trilogy Movie

• A New Hope
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi

The Empire Strikes Back. I fidget when watching the other two but Empire holds me steadfast in it's grip every time.

Empire, I hate the Ewalks (SP) in Return of the Jedi, they ruin the movie with all the time they take up on screen

Return of the Jedi.

I happen to love the Ewoks. :wink2:

The Empire Strikes Back is my favourite of the original trilogy however I'm also speaking of the original versions of the original trilogy. I hate that Lucas tinkered with them.

Some of the tinkering is OK, like cleaning up special effects shots and adding a starship here and there, but he should just leave them alone now.

Well, take out the "Greedo Shoots" bit and the appearance of Hayden Christensen at the end of Return Of The Jedi and THEN leave them alone.

The Greedo thing takes something away from Han Solo's character as a rogue who won't hesitate to gun down a dude who wants to start trouble with him.

Also it looks dumb to see the young Hayden Christensen standing next to the old Alec Guinness in ROTJ. Sebastian Shaw looked more appropriate.

the special edition DVD looks SO much better than the original 1977 movie. But my favorite movie in this trilogy is Empire Strikes Back. So much stuff happens on here

Click For Spoiler
1. Han is frozen in carbonite 2. Luke finds out Vader is his father 3. the introduction of Yoda 4. Lando's Betrayal 5. The Wampa attack on Hoth 6. The entire scene on Hoth

and that's just some of the greatest of this movie. ROTJ would be my second favorite. :dude:

Return Of The Jedi is my fav original movie Trilogy

Some of the tinkering is OK, like cleaning up special effects shots and adding a starship here and there, but he should just leave them alone now.

Also it looks dumb to see the young Hayden Christensen standing next to the old Alec Guinness in ROTJ. Sebastian Shaw looked more appropriate.

326066[/snapback]

Some tinkering maybe, but some of the backgrounds he added were so busy it was distracting. I've not seen the DVDs only the SE that came out in video. I had no idea he had added Hayden Christensen to the ending of ROTJ. That is horrible!!!

Unless there is a DVD of the original trilogy that's in its original form, I ain't buying it.

I've not seen the DVDs only the SE that came out in video. I had no idea he had added Hayden Christensen to the ending of ROTJ. That is horrible!!!

I'm afraid so. The image of Sebastian Shaw or rather "the head" has been replaced with Hayden's. Lucas justifies it by saying that Anakin virtually "dies" when he becomes Darth Vader so his spirit will appear as he looked when he "died" as a Jedi.

I counter that though by saying that Anakin turned BACK to the Light Side Of The Force and THEN he actually died, so when he passed from the living world into the Force, he was Anakin Skywalker once again and NOT Darth Vader, so he should have appeared as the elderly Anakin, not the youthful one.

I'm not dissing Hayden, to be honest he didn't even know that Lucas had made the change, and I do like Hayden Christensen, but taking out Sebastian Shaw from the end of Return Of The Jedi was disrespectful.

If he wants to do some more tinkering I suggest the following:

- Change the American accents of all Stormtroopers to New Zealand accents provided by Temeura Morrisson.

- Remove the "Greedo" thing. He never actually fired that weapon. Han killed him by firing first.

- Remove those little black smudges on Darth Sidious' hood in ROTJ.

- Replace the old backprojection effect with CGI during the speederbike chase in ROTJ.

- Restore the original dialogue from The Empire Strikes Back, when Vader speaks to the Emperor. Ian McDiarmid should still reshoot the lines and scene, but the dialogue will refer back to the old version.

- Digitally alter the "Obi-Wan/Darth Vader" duel from A New Hope. It looks dumb compared to the two Luke/Vader duels and looks ridiculous compared to the lightsaber action in the Prequels.

- Reshoot both explosions of the Death Stars. They explode far too quickly.

- Reshoot the destruction of the SuperStarDestroyer in ROTJ.

Edited by The King

- Digitally alter the "Obi-Wan/Darth Vader" duel from A New Hope. It looks dumb compared to the two Luke/Vader duels and looks ridiculous compared to the lightsaber action in the Prequels.

Well Obi-Wan and Vader were two old men fighting after years, and Luke didn't want to fight so he was holding back untill Vader threatened to turn Leia which is when Vader folded like Luke in ANH. And the prequels were the times of the lightsaber duels. The Jedi Order was vibrant and confident.

Well Obi-Wan and Vader were two old men fighting after years, and Luke didn't want to fight so he was holding back untill Vader threatened to turn Leia which is when Vader folded like Luke in ANH. And the prequels were the times of the lightsaber duels. The Jedi Order was vibrant and confident.

I'm aware of this, however both of the Luke/Vader duels are very energetic.

And given the hatred Vader has for Obi-Wan, their lightsaber duel seems tame. I know it's one old man and one man shattered into a half-man, half-machine shadow of his former self, but it seems out of place and anti-climatic.

If you were watching the movies in storyline sequence, you'd be looking forward to a "re-match" between Vader and Obi-Wan and the lightsaber "battle" in ANH falls short IMO. After all, Count Dooku is a older character but his lightsaber skills are exceptional. Now I know it could be said that "he's a Sith", but if it's believable for one old man to show strong lightsaber skills, then it can be believable for old Obi-Wan too.

Also, I'd like to see some Coruscant scenes in ANH and ESB between Darth Sidious and Darth Vader. We hear about Palpatine dissolving the Senate, I'd like to see that.

Edited by The King

And given the hatred Vader has for Obi-Wan, their lightsaber duel seems tame.

326283[/snapback]

Well Vader says himself that Obi-Wan was weak. He thought Obi-Wan had been dead so his hatred subsided and now that they met again Vader sees Obi-Wan as obsolete. A shell of what he used to be.

After all, Count Dooku is a older character but his lightsaber skills are exceptional. Now I know it could be said that "he's a Sith", but if it's believable for one old man to show strong lightsaber skills, then it can be believable for old Obi-Wan too.[/b]

326283[/snapback]

But Dooku was still fighting and training all those years. Obi-Wan was just growing gray for the last twenty years.

Also, I'd like to see some Coruscant scenes in ANH and ESB between Darth Sidious and Darth Vader. We hear about Palpatine dissolving the Senate, I'd like to see that.

326283[/snapback]

That would have been cool too. Lucas could learn from you :dude:

Edited by sea trooper

Well Vader says himself that Obi-Wan was weak. He thought Obi-Wan had been dead so his hatred subsided and now that they met again Vader sees Obi-Wan as obsolete. A shell of what he used to be.

I think Obi-Wan may have been trying to fool Vader that he was weak. Obi-Wan pretty much had no intention of defeating Vader, but actually wanted him to "kill" him in front of Luke to give Luke a reason to face Darth Vader. Even if Vader thought Obi was dead, I'm pretty certain he still harboured hate against him, since he did cut off both him legs, his arm and leave him for dead.

But Dooku was still fighting and training all those years. Obi-Wan was just growing gray for the last twenty years.

I doubt that. To protect Luke, one would think he'd been practicing his Jedi skills for the inevitable day when either someone hostile would find Luke, or that he would confront Vader again.

That would have been cool too. Lucas could learn from you

:dude: :(

I would introduce a few scenes where we also see Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and I want to see Alderaan before it is destroyed.

ESB is and always shall be my fav from the org trilogy..well from all the starwars films. :dude:

"Do or do not,there is no try"..Yoda ESB