Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Annoyance

something like that happens to me occasionally. I don't carry my wallet into the store and I sometimes have to go back to my car to get my ID. It happens almost every time I buy a rated R movie, especially when I go to Wal-Mart.

??? Why do you go to the trouble of taking cash out of your wallet, leaving your wallet in the car and then enter a store to buy something?

ok please answer me this one. I have a GOLD credit card!!! I use said card to buy lottery, ciggerettes and a couple of other things. You can't have a card unless you are over 18 and I can backup that it is mine phy photo id (No birthdate) They refuse to believe i am over 16, but they will let me buy everything else (non-age restricted) with a credit card, which according to logic (I know that is asking too much) wouldn't be mine if i were under age.

Can anyone sense the frustratiion at todays endevour to help my father.

Well I know several people who GIVE their kids credit cards, so I wouldn't be impressed with that if you handed it out to me.

I think you are hung up on the age issue.

You chose how to react to things UA.

Either take it as a compliment or you take it as an insult.

Which is easier on your life, your day?

And on the whole, why is this such a big deal in the first place? When you are 80 years old you won't even remember this.

It is not a big issue.

When you are 80 years old you won't even remember this.

When we are 80, we probably won't remember what we had for breakfast............

When you are 80 years old you won't even remember this.

When we are 80, we probably won't remember what we had for breakfast............

325558[/snapback]

:laugh:

No, we most likely won't.

Edited by Madame Butterfly

You know what not pissed at myt father. The point was it me pointing out that I wasn't the person consuming the products in the first place. What i am saying is a card with MY NAME on which isn't handed out by Banks willy nilly to anyone under 18 is being taken by the store clerk but products I wish to buy for others consumming is declined. there is no logic here. If you refuse to sell me something based on age, for gods sake DON'T take a damn credit card baring the said person's name for all intents and purposes, it is likely stolen as parents here don't give their children credit cards cause they will get refused in the UK or a fraud.)

It had NOTHING to do with the person for whom I was buyi ng. Especially as I am doing ok with my father. I may have a few rants on occassion but jeez, I guess in SOME people's worlds they don't disagree with their father/mother/siblings.

All I had been saying was that it annoyed me that they refused my money based on me looking fifteen but will allow me to use a card that can only be used by someone over 18. I just want them to at least get their damn stories straight. I guess it is kinda flattering. but it just annoys me when they can't be bothered to continue their age policy when it comes to e handing over the credit card.

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

UA.

There are laws governing cigarettes. Especially trying to stop minors from the bad habit itself.

If said store owners get caught they can be heavily fined and also have the right to sell the cigarettes taken away. Most shops here have a sign that reads, "if you look 30 or younger, we will card you."

Cigarettes are one of those items that shop owners KNOW others come in for, and hope that it will "waterfall" into additional sales.

You've gone on and on about having to be 18 to have a credit card.

I don't live in England, but it is quite common in America, or at least in the part I live in, for parents to GIVE their children credit cards who are under 18.

There is no law stating that a person under the age CANNOT use a credit card. There are no fines nor penalties levied against shop owners.

Thus, while I see you are frustrated, your argument doesn't bear any weight.

You either accept that there are laws for harmful things that penalize shop owners for selling them to minors, or you don't.

In the end, the laws won't go away. They may even become more stringent as time passes.

Shop owners will continue to accept credit cards, and while it may cause people to get into debt and perhaps bad credit, right now there aren't any laws trying to protect people from that at the "entry" level in which this situation is.

Edited by Madame Butterfly

Ok I have to buy cigerettes for my father as h4e can't get out of the house (My first ick, but what can ya do) Any how everytime i walk into a supermarket I get asked for id with birthdate included cigerettes can be sold to everyone over 16. I am almost 24 surely i don't lookk that young???

If you show ID, then in theory they should sell the cigarettes to you.

If they don't then you should just take it as a compliment and it's probably best for your father's health too to not smoke.

No sale, no cigarettes, no smoking.

Better for his health.

I have told him to quit. He don't care, who the hell am I or anyone else for that point to tell him now.

Its just now if you refuse me cigarettes, fine, fair and dandy, but don't take a credit card either for payment.