Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

My new Monitor

My neighbor that many of you may have read about on the boards decided to buy me a gift. It's a new monitor for my computer, I say "monitor" but it's much more then just a monitor. It's a 27" Flat Panel LCD TV that can double as a computer monitor. I had just picked one up for him a few weeks ago because his eyes are getting so bad (he's going blind) and he really liked it so he bought me one for my computer.

Anyway, here's a picture of it. I'm pretty happy with it.

27Inch.JPG

The picture of it doesn't really do it justice. It's an incredible monitor and a pretty good TV too. I'm going to have to get an HD tuner or an HD All in Wonder video card to get the full capabilities out of the TV side of it but I'm pretty pleased with it as it is.

CompUSA has them on sale right now and there's a $200 rebate that knocks the price down even further ($699 after rebate).

The picture of it doesn't really do it justice. It's an incredible monitor and a pretty good TV too. I'm going to have to get an HD tuner or an HD All in Wonder video card to get the full capabilities out of the TV side of it but I'm pretty pleased with it as it is.

CompUSA has them on sale right now and there's a $200 rebate that knocks the price down even further ($699 after rebate).

324504[/snapback]

That is a great price for them, unfortunately that is still half a months pay for me, well right now with the surgeries it is a months pay, lol. So I will just sit here and drool at the picture, lol.

324504[/snapback]

That is a great price for them, unfortunately that is still half a months pay for me, well right now with the surgeries it is a months pay, lol. So I will just sit here and drool at the picture, lol.

324516[/snapback]

I completely understand, I wouldn't have one myself if it hadn't been a gift. Keep your eye on CompUsa though, they seem to do this sale a lot and I'd expect them to continue.

As only a TV I'd be a little disappointed in the picture quality but then again I don't have an HD tuner to see it's full cababilities but I will before the year is out.

Awesome Monitor, VBG. If I EVER get around to saving up about 1,500 bucks, I'll have one to beat it. (Highly unlikely though). THe one I am looking at is a 17" plasma touch screen Monitor.

Awesome Monitor, VBG. If I EVER get around to saving up about 1,500 bucks, I'll have one to beat it. (Highly unlikely though). THe one I am looking at is a 17" plasma touch screen Monitor.

324573[/snapback]

That does sound nice but 17" sounds small now that I've been on a 27" for a few days.

Once I get a special cable (DVI Cable) that I've bought from eBay I'll be able to hook up 2 of my computers to this one monitor. I'll be able to switch from one computer to the other with the push of a button or I can even do split screen with one PC on the left of the screen and the other on the right.

I'm hopeful that by football season I'll have a couple 20" LCD TV/monitors to put into my "Command Center" but that's still a ways off. My first plans there are to install a second DirecTV dish and hook up 4 more TiVo's then I'll start working on the LCD's.