Sign in to follow this  
trek_dude

My Season 1 DVD'S have arrived

My Season 1 DVD'S arrived this morning. I watched The Andorian Incident earlier (a great episode). The case is excellent, the best design yet.

Edited by trek_dude

:naughty: We're waiting until the next triple points event at Suncoast Video to pick it up on, it'd be cool to have it right now but we figured we may-as-well get all the bonus points we can with the purchase price.

I'm probably going to buy the set tonight.

Quick question, is there a season identification on the case aside from the pink label? Like a '1' as past of the case? From the pictures I've seen, I have no idea how each season set is differentiated by the case.

I'm probably going to buy the set tonight.

Quick question, is there a season identification on the case aside from the pink label? Like a '1' as past of the case? From the pictures I've seen, I have no idea how each season set is differentiated by the case.

322599[/snapback]

The outer package itself doesn't have a season number on it but it does have cut-outs on the sides. The plastic slip that covers the actually DVDs inside the case has the season number on the sides so you can read it through the cut-outs.

My set arrived yesterday and I've watched the special features and the first 2-1/2 disks. Over the past two days, I think I've averaged about 9 hours of Trek per day (TNG on Spike and Space, TOS and VOY on Space and the DVDs).

BTW, in the special features they had something about the Temporal Cold War included. Brannon Braga said that the TCW was added because Paramount told them they wanted something "futuristic" added to the series. He found their request rather odd considering Enterprise is set in the future but they did what they were told. So all of you TCW haters, don't blame Berman and Braga - blame Paramount.

The weird thing about it at wal-mart, I don't know about the other stores, is that it's not sold in the metal case. The metal case, I'm guessing, is on the inside of the packaging.

The weird thing about it at wal-mart, I don't know about the other stores, is that it's not sold in the metal case.  The metal case, I'm guessing, is on the inside of the packaging.

325058[/snapback]

There are no metal cases being sold - it's plastic. It does have a metal look to it though.

The weird thing about it at wal-mart, I don't know about the other stores, is that it's not sold in the metal case.  The metal case, I'm guessing, is on the inside of the packaging.

325058[/snapback]

There are no metal cases being sold - it's plastic. It does have a metal look to it though.

325093[/snapback]

It is sold in a cardboard packaging, the plastic must be inside. That's kind of a waste if you ask me... All the other DVD's have just one package around the set.

Just bought mine still in the bag.

Got to go :thumbs:

Watching it know

e1 like it

Mod's note: I've merged your posts into 1.

Takara

:P I just bought Enterprise Season 1 on DVD a few hours ago!!! This is the first time I have bought a season of Trek on DVD. I plan to buy all four seasons of Enterprise because I don't have UPN. I haven't seen Season One, Two,Three or Four at all, so this will all be new to me. I'm going to watch it tomorrow and I can't wait! :thumbs:

Edited by Gamera

Don't get upset if you don't like it at first. It gets progressively better each season.

I have the Season One DVD as well. I really can't pick my favorite episode because there were a lot of great episodes in season one. Broken Bow wich was the Pilot episode was great because you saw many things that were in the beginning stages.

I've started renting them from Netflix, eventually I'll get the whole set once all 4 seasons are out. So far I've only watched episode 1 and that was with the commentary included.

I really liked the way they did the intro to the menu screen.

I won my season set through a local radio contest a couple of weeks ago. I've been watching a couple of episodes every other night or so. I no longer have the time to sit and watch more than that and it allows me to savor each one and you know, the first season wasn't all that bad at all. I have to admit I missed a few the first time around but catching them now and in sequence really allows me to see how the characters were developing and make more sense now out of certain things that have happened during seasons three and four. I'm developing a new appreciation for what the series was. As I was watching last night, Joanie Mitchell's song "Big Yellow Taxi", kept popping into my head. Especially the refrain, "Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone." That's what I'm feeling now about the Enterprise series as a whole.