Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Political Stance

What is your political stance?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is your political stance?

• Right
    • Left

I have often found that a personal political stance determines the way they see the world and how they interpret events. Personally I am somewhat to the right in general, although on certain issues I do take up, what would be called a left wing viewpoint.

So which way do you swing?

By the way, by voting right or left it does not necessarally mean to the extream. You can have a fairly central point of view but you will always tend to lean either one way or the other, no matter how much.

This is a very difficult poll to vote in. Different countries definition of what is left and right can be quite different. For example when comparing Canadian and American politics the right wing parties in Canada would be considered practically left wing in the States.

I had to nully this one, because I do not follow politics and really don't understand the difference between right and left wing unless your talking about chicken or turkey. :o But if someone wants to explain it to me a little better I would not object.

I nulled my vote.

People have explained to me dozens of times the difference between being politically left or right, but I still can't remember which is which... :laugh:

(I'm also too young to vote... :laugh: )

I had to nully this one, because I do not follow politics and really don't understand the difference between right and left wing unless your talking about chicken or turkey.  :laugh:  But if someone wants to explain it to me a little better I would not object.

yea yea yea..what he said.

Had to null vote; it depends on the issue.  Basically I detest both major US parties equally.

Please don't consider this a poll about preference of political parties (although your political stance will determine which party you would most likely support), however I am more interested to which way you view certain topics and life in general most of the time.

Personally, as I said at the start of this topic, I take a right wing stance most of the time, however there are some issues that I would be considered as taking a left wing view, for example: In the UK there some debate about the issue of fox hunting. I am strongly against such a sport as my arguement is that (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) fighting or dog fighting (the blood sports typically of the working classes) is illegal hence so should fox hunting, also there are more effective and less cruel ways of lowering the population. This would be considered a left wing view.

However, on the issue of the recent war with Saddam Hussain, I was strongly supportive of both George Bush and Tony Blair and agreed with the arguements for such action to be taken. This was typically a right wing view point.

While there are issues that I slant more to the left, such as fox hunting, I tend to have right wing a view point on most issues, which is why I voted 'right'. Remember that it would be a crass generalisation to have a poll suggesting that you only have right or left wing views as most people take a different stance based on individual issues. This poll is only to ask which way you feel you think for over 50% of the time.