Sign in to follow this  

There's a huge, massive black snake over my bedroom in the attic. It's slitherring on the cielling materrial, beneath the installation. We could call animal control, but then it'd be this whole big ordeal.

Anyone got any ideas that doesn't include sending the animal control guy up there? OMG, it's so loud!!!! EEEEEKKKKK!!!!! :grin:

That is the only safe option. The animal control people are trained to deal with it. I would not recommend trying yourself cause that could be very unsafe.

I agree with ddillard. Don't try and deal with that thing yourself, call the people who know how to deal with it, that's what they're there for.

EWWWWWWW...

Well what I would do is run like hell!!!!!!! Then call animal control from down the street.. :grin:

(I hate snakes can you tell)

You should really call animal control..

I'd have to recommened the professionals, you could really get hurt.

Guest Ktrek

I would call animal control if you are SURE it is a snake, which means you have actually seen it. The likelyhood of it being a snake in your attic is very small. However, roof rats can sound alot like snakes slithering through your attic. That is the most likely culprit. They seek out shelter in attics.

Ktrek

If you still don't want to call animal control then you can catch it yourself.You will need a long tube (About 3 feet long) then take some cord like clothing line or small rope and make a loop and slide the loop thru the tube.Once the loop sticks out of one end make sure you have enough rope sticking out on the end you will be on to pull on. Once you have this done,go find the snake and put the loop around his body just past its head.then you pull on the rope from your end,the loop will pull him to the tube,now don't pull hard,you don't want to kill it,just pull it enough to keep him attached.Once you've captured the snake take it outside away from your house and release the rope and let the snake drop to the ground.Problem solved.

I know this works because I have been catching snakes since I was a kid and have had friends call me over to their house to remove snakes.I've caught Black Snakes,Corn Snakes,Cotton Mouths, and even One rattle snake. Its safe for you and the snake.

I would call animal control if you are SURE it is a snake, which means you have actually seen it. The likelyhood of it being a snake in your attic is very small. However, roof rats can sound alot like snakes slithering through your attic. That is the most likely culprit. They seek out shelter in attics.

Ktrek

I've seen it. It's massive! I heard it shush across my cieling within seconds. It's a massive black snake, probably 2 or 3 inches across. :o

I used to have snakes (and alot more!).

I get the ****** *boards plain*