Sign in to follow this  
Kassi

school

ok, so i wanted to know if you guys thought the same i don't like school, and i wish they would let our curfew longer. now it's ten, and they don't let us off campus during the weekdays.

what do you guys think of school.

BTW, the second part of this subject, friends? i mean, everybody ignored me until Tessi and Ritchie and Kyle and the others came. and that was for a couple yrs. oh well.

In my case, I adored school. Could not stand some of the people who were in school with me, but that is something that can happen even outside school(like at work).

I still adore school, I am 5 classes short of getting my second degree in College and only a few more from finishing a 3rd degree. But I like my college classes much more than my kindergarten through 12th grade years, much more interesting and much more challenging.

As for friends, yeah I had a couple friends/aquaintances throughout school...more of my friends came from the gymnastics team I was on than school. And I have more people I talk to now that I am in college, I have pretty much always kept to myself when I was in school ( a loner, for lack of a better word)

College is the greatest thing to Experience

318981[/snapback]

I would have to completely agree. I graduated college the first time in 2000. I am back after a couple year break and am about to graduate twice more (one AS degree and one BS degree...needless to say I am a Senior, credit count wise).

I hated school until I got to high school. Then I loved it. The classes were fun and I remember my friends and I would hang out in the school parking lot for hours after school. It was a real fun time.

Same with college, there you get along with just about everybody. And the teachers are awesome. I got to be friends with them.

but after college it gets a little tough and I sometimes wish that I was still back in high school, it was easier then. :rolleyes: So enjoy it, cause it doesn't getting any easier most of the time :)

I hated and liked school. I had some good times in HS, and some not so good ones. (Not easy being a teen mom, though) Being a cheerleader, I was pretty well known, and pretty popular, but there were people who disliked me. Those were the people who saw Cheerleader and thought "B****, S***k, S**t, W***e..." so judgemental. then again, most of them were the Goth kids who hated just about everyone who didn't wear all black (Including black nailpolish and lipgloss) and have purple spiked hair.

people have to watch what they say here because in high school I used to be one of those Goth kids. so don't judge people based on a few, there are Goth kids that wouldn't hurt a fly, including me. Never made fun of anyone and had plenty of friends, not just goth friends.

I'm not Goth anymore though, you eventually grow out of it, but I still love Metal music, I just look normal now. :rolleyes:

Are in a private school that you can't go off campus during weekdays?

For the most part I liked school but college was definitely better. The real drag is is the 8-5 routine and you have to go to work because you have rent, car payment and need food etc.

I have a different take on the cheerleader thing - Krissy, you may have been okay, but from my memories of high school the "cheerleader" crowd pretty much looked down on everyone else (think Cordelia from Buffy) so that judgmental thing worked both ways.

In my case, I never really was part of any particular group. But I was definately not considered popular by any means. I was a nerd AND an athlete(though the athletics was mainly done outside of school), a drama geek and associated with some Goths(true said goths were in Drama with me but anyhow.)

There are two sides to the cheerleading story, on the grounds that my sister herself (EmilSoong) was a cheerleader from elementary school to middle school. The whole stereotype that comes with that and being a Pageant girl and model attached itself to her(for the record she also was in Marching band as well as three other school bands, and participated in some Drama events with me). Though she has her days(which whether we like to admit it or not we all do) where she can be quite the pain, she is most assuredly not the typical cheerleader. But I also know and had later worked with a few girls that matched the typical "popular" cheerleader types who looked down on everyone who did not fit their view of what is "normal" So it is a 50/50 shot on them, just like everyother stereotyped group out there.

That is the best part of college, you do not really get to the point of being locked into specific stereotypes. I mean you do have "popular" people, but in the end they do not have much say because it all comes down to number of credits, GPAs and degrees... more than who is the Cheerleader, Athlete, Goth, Class Clown, Nerd, etc. Those titles pretty much completely lose any so called status that they had in grade school(some colleges/universities may still cling to that but that is often times when you get mixed in with sororities and fraternities. But even then, it seems to be very very very rare).

very true. When I was in college, everyone was treated equally, no matter what they looked like. I suppose one thing is that in college, at least most of them, you have mostly mature people who don't care what you look like and get to know the person on the inside. I loved college, friendly people for sure.

I've found that when most people leave school and enter the real world, they long to be back in school.

people have to watch what they say here because in high school I used to be one of those Goth kids.  so don't judge people based on a few, there are Goth kids that wouldn't hurt a fly, including me. Never made fun of anyone and had plenty of friends, not just goth friends.

I'm not Goth anymore though, you eventually grow out of it, but I still love Metal music, I just look normal now.  <_<

319260[/snapback]

If I worded it wrong, sorry bout that. There was like 10 of them, the rest couldn't care less.

College is the greatest thing to Experience

318981[/snapback]

I'm at college now I do like some things but I miss being with my friends in school. I liked school at one point ...

I've found that when most people leave school and enter the real world, they long to be back in school.

319530[/snapback]

Very true as well, that's what I've been saying. lol

don't worry about it Krissy, no hurt done <_<

319530[/snapback]

By the way, Kor, ain't that the truth! kids, work...ugh...school was soo much easier...

When I enter the real world I didn't want to go back to my high school. Than again, I hated the high school my parent forced me to attend.

Edited by Odie

Hmm, high school wasn't too bad. College...I'm so busy I can't seem to enjoy it. Plus, I'd rather be out making money.

I'm basically wishing my life away until I graduate.

Yes, High school is a pain in the butt. Butt it all ends in about two months! My senior year has been especially hard, but I survived it and I'll never have to go through any of that again! Man, you wouldn't balieve how babyish my school officials treat the students :angry: and next year they're having uniforms! Glad to be gone, but my sister is going next year so <_<

i hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate school. and in my opinion, hate is a very strong word.

my school pressures me so much that last night after i got my report card, i felt like i was going bi-polar.

i had a song with the chorus of "Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it" stuck in my head, that's how much i hate school.

One day, when you enter the real world of work and adult problems, you will look back and wish that you were in school again. I know that right now that seems impossible, but it will happen....lol

I have left high school over 10 years ago. My education has not stop. It never stops. I still have to go to school to learn news skills. If I don't I won't get promoted or have better paying jobs after the military.

I detested school with a passion unrivaled by much until I got to high school. Then, I started staying after school for Science Olympiad. Through that program, this guy named Robert introduced me to a project called Mission Possible. I fell in love with it and soon I was staying after school for hours every day to work on it. I began to love school and loathe the hours I spent at home, bored. Now, even though Mission Possible is over, I still love school and stay after for hours every day. I am even taking some extra courses over the summer at a local college, I love it so much. That also touches on the friends issue. Even though I have grown away from my old friends back in North Carolina, I have met several new, wonderful people, not just Robert. I have found Kansas people to be in general a lot friendlier than the people back home.