Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Plastic Cows

I've seen the pink flamingos but I actually saw a plastic cow (and horse) in someone's yard the other day. Bless his heart, there was a little baby pointing and saying Moo - that's why I noticed it. It looked fairly real - the horse was a different story. Still - why would you put a plastic cow in your front yard?

I don't have the answer to that one. :lol: Maybe the same reason someone would put a pink flamingos in there front yard. :dude:

I don't understand the pink flamingo's myself.

Or the little gnomes, or the bending over people, the fake bear cut outs.

The only yard decoration that makes me chuckle are the ones at Halloween. Mainly the witches that have been flattened by flying into a tree.

I think the rest are rather tacky. Sorry if I've insulted anyone.

Maybe they secretly have a cow and horse fetish and the inside of their home is all black and white like cows... :lol:

Maybe they secretly have a cow and horse fetish and the inside of their home is all black and white like cows... :lol:

317608[/snapback]

That would be... very creepy.

I like Christmas lights, since it gets dark so soon it add ssome light out

you need to go to WV I've seen toliets on roofs down there....scary if you think about it

Myabe it was someone who grew up on a farm and felt like having fake animals on their lawn. In the last several years a number of large cities have had street exhibits in the summer where various animals, plastic or ceramic cows, horses, etc. are given to artists to paint. decorate etc, They are displayed on the streets then sold for charity for big bucks. The cows exhibit in Chicago was very popular and there were some very creative cows - astronauts cows, jazz cows, balerina cows, cows watching tv etc. One mans plastic cow could be another man's object'd'art. Or maybe they were just trying to annoy their neighbors. :lol:

Plastic Cows? Yea- have you seen The Sims where you can put pink flamingos in the yard and make them kick it? :lol:

Still - why would you put a plastic cow in your front yard?

317596[/snapback]

Well, maybe they used to live on a farm, and looking out their front windows remind them of by-gone days.

Somebody makes all those flamingos, trolls, cows, and horses because they know someone will purchase them for their yards.

I prefer to view trees and flowers from my windows, however.

Myabe it was someone who grew up on a farm and felt like having fake animals on their lawn.  In the last several years a number of large cities have had street exhibits in the summer where various animals, plastic or ceramic cows, horses, etc. are given to artists to paint. decorate etc,  They are displayed on the streets then sold for charity for big bucks.  The cows exhibit in Chicago was very popular and there were some very creative cows - astronauts cows, jazz cows, balerina cows, cows watching tv etc.  One mans plastic cow could be another man's object'd'art.  Or maybe they were just trying to annoy their neighbors.  :wow:

317645[/snapback]

Or maybe they wish that they where on the farm. :wow:

*Starts thinking back to playing Diablo: Hellfire...* "Moo. Moooooo. MOOOOOOOOOOO! D***it, I said MOOO! you got a problem with cows or something?"

Decorating with cows used to be very popular for homes with western themes back in the 60's, I remember knowing someone who had those black & white cowhides (and wagon wheels) on almost every piece of furniture in the house; I'm not surprised it's making a kitschy comeback.

cowcake_s.jpg

I do not know why people would have plastic animals in their yard.

Closest I have is a small cow planter and a small chicken planter that my mom had gotten me a while back (chickens and cows are a couple on my list of favorite animals). We used to have a small statue of a giraffe, but it was rather delicate and unfortunately was severely damaged during all the rain and wind from the hurricanes we had last year.

*Starts thinking back to playing Diablo: Hellfire...* "Moo. Moooooo. MOOOOOOOOOOO! D***it, I said MOOO! you got a problem with cows or something?"

317986[/snapback]

Keep it up and I'm gonna take a branding iron to ya, Bessie! *He's been going around the house going "MOOOOOOOOOO!" at random. now I know why. and why Jim and Darryl have been laughing their hindparts off.*

I have a good reason for putting cows in yards! Every year, the eighth graders at my school participate in a project called Heifer International. They raise money to give livestock to impoverished families, especially cows, so they can produce milk or whatever the animal they get produces, and raise money for themselves. One way they raise money is to sell plastic cows to secretly put on people's yards, partly as a joke and partly to raise money. You buy these cows and then put them on someone's yard, and the money goes to Heifer International.