Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Baseball season starts

Honestly I was a Huge baseball fan, but now anymore with all the work stoppage with the players making the money they do and not caring about the fan, and not to mention the steroids, I just dont care, I will go to games, but just because PNC Park is so beautiful I enjoy sitting there watching the view of Pittsburgh, if the Pirates were still at Three Rivers, I would never go to a game

Maybe the Pirates should make steroids manditory for their players so they'll win a couple of games. I have a Pirates hat, since I'm a Pittsburgh fan. :P

I was a baseball fan until Peter Angelos bought and destroyed our beloved Orioles. I won't go to another baseball game as long as he owns the team.

Regardless of the steroid controversy, I intend to watch and enjoy the Major League Baseball games. I've already a schedule for the Twins home games. They play the Anaheim Angels at home the end of April. Sounds like a plan to me! :biggrin:

In spite of everything that has happened to baseball on the major league level, I will still watch the games when my team plays or if it's important game in the standings. It may no longer really be the nation's past time, but it is still the quintessenal summer game. No clocks to countdown game times, a leisurely pace and a great way to kill some time on a summer afternoon, whether watching or playing. In my mind, there's nothing quite like being out at the ballpark on a summer afternoon or evening with a hot dog in one hand, a cold beer in the other (even at those expensive ballpark prices), and a bag of peanuts for the whole game. The game may be somewhat tarnished lately because of the steroid controversy but it's still a beautiful game. Some say it's even better at the minor league level. Baseball will never die and come October, I'm sure there will be many who will watch the world series no matter who is playing. Just look at the ratings from last year when the Red Sox beat the Yankees and won it all. The game is still bigger then the men who play it.

I've never really cared one way or the other about Baseball. I played in highschool but only because it got me out of class and the rest of the guys in the Sr. Class were on the team so I figured why not.

Other then that Baseball has just been a part of the sports cast that I didn't really pay much attention to. About the only time I watched and cared about Major League Baseball was back when Cal Ripkin broke the record for consecutive games played, I think that was in 1995 or 1996. Although there were a few games that I went to back in the mid 80's at RFK stadium in Washington. They were called the "Old Timers CrackerJack All Star Game" and featured all of the old time greats. I even chased Joe Dimaggio across the field trying to get an autograph, surprisingly enough security just ignored me running around on the field.

... I even chased Joe Dimaggio across the field trying to get an autograph, surprisingly enough security just ignored me running around on the field.

316041[/snapback]

So, VBG, did you get the autograph? :biggrin:

What did he sign?

... I even chased Joe Dimaggio across the field trying to get an autograph, surprisingly enough security just ignored me running around on the field.

316041[/snapback]

So, VBG, did you get the autograph? :biggrin:

What did he sign?

316056[/snapback]

I didn't get his, he was too far ahead of me and got into the dougout before I could reach him. My understanding though is that he was a pretty "standoffish" person so I likely wouldn't have gotten it even if I had caught up to him.

I did get a couple of autographs, though I can't remember who they were and I have no idea where they are now. I believe one of them was Luke Appling, he had hit a home run that night into the section that I was sitting in, which was pretty cool because he was about 75 years old at the time.

are you gonna see any Washington Nationals Games since its the new thing down your way

Go when they play the Pirates thats a sure win for them

I used to be a big baseball fan but am more ambivalent now. I was rooting for the Cardinals last year. though it was exciting to see Boston finally win again. I live in Chicago which is Wait til Next Year City as far as baseball is considered. With all the controversy concerning steroids and drug testing its hard to feel the same way about baseball as I did years ago. I will still watch some games on tv but rarely go to a game, though I did see a spring training game in Winterhaven this spring.

AHEM

LETS GO YANKEES

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

WE SURE PAID THEM ENOUGH

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

EVEN FOR THAT REDNECK GUY FROM THE DIAMOND BACKS

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

AND ALL THOSE GREEN CARDS WE NEED

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

I STILL CAN'T BELIVE WE LOST TO BOSTON(SORE WINNERS)

PUKE PUKE PUKE PUKE PUKE

LETS GO YANKEES

as heard coming from Yankee stadium

Yankee fans are a strange bunch. Meanwhile, us Pirate fans have quietly sunk into the shadows, holding our championship penant from beating the Yanks. :P

That previous post was made entirely as a satire.. I am just a humble fan of the Brooklyn Cyclones (a minor leageue team here in Brooklyn) Like my grandmother before me who as a HUGE baseball fan. She loved the Brooklyn Dodgers. (I HATE YOU LA DODGERS)

The Mets suck i can tell you that much .but she liked them. They had spunk

Being from Michigan we have the Tigers. :P

We will be good again someday :P :P :P

and will the people of detroit burn down the town again when they are good

Thats why I think the Lions are so bad....they dont want to be the ones causing the riots in Detroit

:P

I am very much glad to see Boston won the series last year. For the most part I am very turn off by baseball. The attitudes of the players and the owners has soured my tasted for the game.

Edited by Odie

Excuse me odie

But must say something to dw.

All that stuff about Detroit is a bunch of hoowie. it happens everywhere

The Red Wings Won the cup 3 times since then. And nothing happened that never made the news did it.

Sarcasim does not go over well on the computer

Didnt mean to offend you it was said in Tounge n' Cheek which is why I put the :P at the end of it sry Odo if you took it the wrong way

Its ok.

The tigers are going to win the world series.

And i am going to win the lottery. :P

what comes first.

I won a strip ticket from the VFW last week, so they might win, if teir is a sniper at the All*star Game, We might then have a Pirates/Tigers World Series :P

Meanwhile, we Orioles fans are languishing in the basement as usual waiting for Peter Angelos to either die or sell the team. That is the only way the Orioles will ever have a chance to be good again.

Excuse me odie

But must say something to dw.

All that stuff about Detroit is a bunch of hoowie. it happens everywhere

The Red Wings Won the cup 3 times since then. And nothing happened that never made the news did it.

316765[/snapback]

:flowers: okay

Baseball is bigger in Japan now then in the USA

and about the Orioles, we pirate fans feel the same way about our owner McKlatchey