Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Convention Plans

OH GOD, I HOPE I CAN GO!!!!

If not im sure the rest of you will have a great time. i'll be there in spirit, if not in body.

:o You've been in contact with Quark's, that's so cool!

Yep they are supposed to e-mail me heir pricing and menu selection as well as some other information.

That will be great so we can start budgeting. I am so looking forward to the Convention. I cannot wait to meet everyone. :D

:laugh: You've been in contact with Quark's, that's so cool!

Yep they are supposed to e-mail me heir pricing and menu selection as well as some other information.

That will be great so we can start budgeting. I am so looking forward to the Convention. I cannot wait to meet everyone. :laugh:

Me too... I am off of work due to my injury, but hope to return before the end of the summer, plus I hope to find a second job that pays higher than $6 an hour... then I definately will have an easier time budgeting...

A lot of the procing is going to be determined by how many people are going.

If we have 300 people then we'll get a much better price then 100 people.

So far from the poll we have (last time I looked) 9 yeses and 31 maybes. I combined the 2 figures and then estimated that if each person brings another that would be 80 people then I just rounded that up to 100 for planning purposes.

We really need a solid number before we can make reservations though.

Awsome! This will be most cool. Too bad Trekies 2 won't be shooting then and there. :-)

I'm curious to see how different this will be compared to a Creations convention.

Awsome! This will be most cool.  Too bad Trekies 2 won't be shooting then and there.  :-) 

I'm curious to see how different this will be compared to a Creations convention.

I don't know how Creations conventions are, but this is something being planned by fans for fans. It's not going to be something with a lot of vendors there and as of this typing there are no plans for a guest star from any of the series.

Just STARTERKFANS.NET members gathering for a few days of great fun.

I read VaBeachGuy's post from earlier today. I think the gathering of fans at the Convention for 2004 would be a great idea. :lol:

Awsome! This will be most cool.  Too bad Trekies 2 won't be shooting then and there.  :-)

I forgot about that!! Thank you!

*runs of to website*

Hey! They're filming near me! :lol:

w00t!

I am so there...If I can get a ride...

Something I neglected to mention.

At Quarks we can have a "QUARK’ S COCKTAIL SUITE". This might be something we could do on Friday and Saturday nights.

The choices we have and prices per person attending would be:

**BEER AND WINE BAR**

Includes all bottled beer and beers on tap to include Corona, Beamish Stout, Coors Light, Marzen, Blonde Bock, New Castle, JW Dundee Honey Brown Ale, Hefenweizen, Pyramid Apricot, Pyramid Pear Cider and Romulan Ale. Additionally, all house wines by the glass, coffee, soft drinks, bottled water, juices and teas are included.

$10.00 Per Person, Per Hour++Plus 17% gratuity and 7.25% sales tax

**HOUSE BRAND BAR**

Includes all well liquor, house wines by the glass, beers on tap and bottled beer to include Corona, Beamish Stout, Coors Light, Marzen, Blonde Bock, New Castle, J.W Dundee Honey Brown, Hefenweizen, Pyramid Apricot, Pyramid Pear Cider and Romulan Ale. Additionally, all juices, coffee, ice tea, soft drinks and bottled water are also included.

$15.00 Per Person, Per Hour++Plus 17% gratuity and 7.25% sales tax

**PREMIUM BAR**

Includes all call and premium brand liquor, all bottled beers, all draft beers, house wines, wine by the glass and house champagne. Additionally, all juices, coffee, ice tea, soft drinks and bottled water are also included.

Quark’s specialty drinks (including our famous Warp Core Breach and James Tea Kirk)

$20.00 Per Person, Per Hour++Plus 17% gratuity and 7.25% sales tax

So if anyone wants to do this on either or both Friday and Saturday nights we would need a head count. We'd also need to set an amount of time to reserve the Suite for. Just be sure to calculate the $10, $15 or $20 per hour in when planning your budget (If you wish to attend this).

I would definitely be interested in this for both nights. It would be a good relaxing setting to congregate in. Maybe set aside for two hours at least though, maybe three. Any of the plans would be good for me, but I would actually prefer the Premium because it leave more options open.

I would definitely be interested in this for both nights.  It would be a good relaxing setting to congregate in.  Maybe set aside for two hours at least though, maybe three.  Any of the plans would be good for me, but I would actually prefer the Premium because it leave more options open.

My thought was to do it Friday night from about 10PM (after the last screening) until about midnight or so. Then Saturday night would be the same, maybe earlier though, after the dinner at Quarks.

I would definitely be interested in this for both nights.  It would be a good relaxing setting to congregate in.  Maybe set aside for two hours at least though, maybe three.  Any of the plans would be good for me, but I would actually prefer the Premium because it leave more options open.

My thought was to do it Friday night from about 10PM (after the last screening) until about midnight or so. Then Saturday night would be the same, maybe earlier though, after the dinner at Quarks.

That sounds great to me. Definitely count me in.

Saturday would be great for me. I probably won't be there Friday for the screenings, but I'll be there for sure Sat.

Your not going to be there for all of the convention? :rolleyes:

I'm going to be there for everything except Friday. We can't afford another day and hubby and I want a day alone together in Vegas. Maybe things will change by then, but for now that's the plan.

Your not going to be there for all of the convention? :rolleyes:

I'm going to be there for everything except Friday. We can't afford another day and hubby and I want a day alone together in Vegas. Maybe things will change by then, but for now that's the plan.

So he has decided to go? Sweet, Can't wait to meet him.

Your not going to be there for all of the convention? :ph34r:

So he has decided to go? Sweet, Can't wait to meet him.

Yeah I think I talked him into it. We might (still only thinking about it) renew our wedding vows that Friday in the chapel we got married in. We'll see. :rolleyes:

Click for Spoiler:

new_chapel22.gif

AWWWW< that is so sweet! My hubby always wanted to be married by an Elvis Impersonator, but he was born on Elvis' birthday, and is just a little off his rocker!

The top of the line bar sounds good to me and i am sure hubby will agree. Maybe I can get him to lurk over to this thread.... :rolleyes: