Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Pope Near Death

If your Catholic or not, Its a shame to see this man in this state of health, He has endured alot in his life including being shot, and also helped many people and Countries, I will keep him in my Prayes even if I'm not catholic

If there were a new pope, would it be possible for him to create a grand army and use it to enforce religion across the world and everyone who stands in their way will either convert or die?

If there were a new pope, would it be possible for him to create a grand army and use it to enforce religion across the world and everyone who stands in their way will either convert or die?

314527[/snapback]

It's not a matter of if there will be a new Pope, there will be a new Pope. It's just a matter of when. And to answer your question, all things are possible but that doesn't mean they are probable.

they tried that in the crusades

but seriously he helped against the Nazi's and Communisim this pope was a good man how can people say something like that about him, but I say something about Jonnie Cochran and the same comment I made is today in a political cartoon, but my post got deleted

Thats just sad. He was a decient pope. But still death is always near and he had a good run. So now we can see a bit of history in the making when they choose the new Pope..

Thats just sad. He was a decient pope. But still death is always near and he had a good run. So now we can see a bit of history in the making when they choose the new Pope..

314610[/snapback]

"This evening or this night, Christ opens the door to the pope," Angelo Comastri, the pope's vicar general for Vatican City, tells a crowd of well-wishers

I think he was more than a decent Pope. I don't agree with everything the Cathoic church stands for, having been raised in the Catholic church though, I think John Paul has been excellent for the church.

I can't say the same for others who work for the church, but not everyone is cut out for that type of work.

He was the first pope to recognize the holocaust, before him, the church denied it happened.

314586[/snapback]

Speaking as a Catholic they didn't denied it happen. They denied that there teaching could have lead to holocaust and the Pope at that time could have made a bigger difference. There where Catholics that died in the camps as well.

As far as the Pope John Paul II himself it has been very hard to watch him die. :wow: He very much reminds me of my grandfather. :wow:

As far as the Pope John Paul II himself it has been very hard to watch him die.  :wow:  He very much reminds me of my grandfather.  :lol:

314783[/snapback]

I can agree.. :laugh: I commented last night to my mother, that in some pictures he reminds me so much of my grandfather(on my mom's side), whom we lost in 1994. She agreed.

:wow: :o

Though I am not Catholic, I have often thought of converting to Catholocism. My sister converted prior to her 2002 wedding to her husband.

Though not (at least not yet) Catholic, he is in my prayers... and if in fact his end is very near, I hope that he has a peaceful passing. The rest of my family as well, he is in their prayers I am sure.

My condolences to those that mourn his passing. As others have said - whether you're Catholic or not you can recognize he was a man with a profound love of humankind who worked to bring peace and further the respect for life.

What I find so troubling is that the media are having another feeding frenzy - what would they have done if no one died this week?