Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HRH The KING

His Majesty's Royal Embassy

Had to be said.

But then look at most of the countries in Africa in the last 40 years, most have gone under civil wars and now are places where sex crimes murder and greed are as common as pens and pencils in this country, No wonder Africa is the continent with the HIGHEST AIDS stats.

That's what I mean.

How can a continent be so afflicted by this disease?

Could it be a lack of education?

Could it be caused by their culture which doesn't understand the realities of modern diseases and their modes of transmissions?

Could it be their culture prevents them from running a nation adequately, because they lack the necessary skills and expertise?

In essence it's like a caveman trying to fly a space shuttle. It's impossible.

Throwing money at the situation doesn't work. Celebrities campaigning for money does nothing to solve the problems. To deal with Africa's problems, we must first be honest and say what needs to be said. It's costs us so much in foreign aid, which I consider a waste of money.

And if we try to replace their tribal cultures with a Western philosophy in terms of education, government, language and economics, then I guess that would be considered imperialist???

Uh-oh.....can't say that.....that's "RACIST".

:P B)

Exactly.

I hate to say it, but I can see the population of africa in the next 10 -20 years under going a severe reduction of numbers as is I believe the number of AIDS victims in Africa is 1 in 3, a third will dies, there is no cure only prolongation, and since cocktail therapie such as AZT aren't effectively being administered people will die faster and more will contract.

His Royal Highness The King Speaks....

His Royal Highness The King has achieved another promotion.

According to the FAQ's the promotion is from "Commodore" to "Rear Admiral", but I don't like the sound of that "Rear" part of the title, so I hereby declare myself the rank of simply "ADMIRAL".

:P B) B)

Plus, I've just made this nice little Royal Banner for myself:

RoyalBanner.jpg

cool! um....happy promotion? yay! yes!!!!!! go dude.....go dude! :P sorry, i'm real hyper, and i decided to take it out on your blog. sorry, man. oh well, i feel better now....

His Royal Highness The King Speaks....

His Royal Highness The King has achieved another promotion.

According to the FAQ's the promotion is from "Commodore" to "Rear Admiral", but I don't like the sound of that "Rear" part of the title, so I hereby declare myself the rank of simply "ADMIRAL".

:bow:  :o  :bow:

Plus, I've just made this nice little Royal Banner for myself:

RoyalBanner.jpg

315779[/snapback]

:o

-is in extreme banner envy.-

:biggrin: :clap: :o

I'm sure if you had a Queen, Your Royal Highness, she would find a matching banner most pleasing.

:clap:

Oh, I have a Queen.

She's the most beautiful woman in the world IMO.

Intelligent, charming, attractive.

:o  :clap:  :clap:

I love her.

315811[/snapback]

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

That's so sweet!!!

-wipes at a tear-

You know, you're becoming less of an enigma now!!! :biggrin:

His Royal Highness The King is a romantic man.

315816[/snapback]

Let's see then, this Queen isn't your flatmate. Because you've said there is no intensity, passion and blood boiling with your roomy.

But we do know you are intense, passionate, your blood boils and romantic.

I'm sorry but I must use this icon. :biggrin: :o :clap::clap:

Sounds like your Queen is one lucky woman King. I hope she knows that. :wink2:

But we do know you are intense, passionate, your blood boils and romantic.

Yes I am. When I think about my beloved Queen, I feel like I'm going to burst into flames. That's how powerfully I love her.

Sounds like your Queen is one lucky woman King. I hope she knows that. 

I rather think I'm the lucky one to have her.

She is a remarkable woman. :biggrin:

i think it's.......cool that a guy can express his feelings in words. i know my boyfriend luvs me :biggrin: , but he doesn't say it like that.

Men should always express their passions and love for their lady.

I think some guys are too into this idiotic "macho" image for them to tell people what's on their minds.

I never believed in that. When I feel like saying something, I just say it. I love the feeling of being angry, because it helps me think, and I can vent about whatever happens to be on my mind at a given point in time.

I love the feeling of passion too. I would think women find men more attractive when they are secure enough to say what they feel.

It's very liberating and satisfying to speak freely about whatever I want.

Click For Spoiler
His Royal Highness The King Speaks...

Football

My favourite football team, Liverpool FC defeated Juventus FC 2-1 in the quarter final first leg match in the UEFA Champions League. Understandably, it would have been better not to concede the goal that we did in such a sloppy manner, but it was still a terrific result, when almost the entire British media predicted our defeat. The second leg is in Turin next week, hopefully, we can hold out and win. If we can just get one goal, we should be OK.

BBC Sport

The General Election

The Prime Minister officially announced that May 5th will be the date of the General Election in the UK. I will be supporting and voting for the Tory party.

I agreed with Blair 100% on his support for the war in Iraq and his continued alliance with the United States and President Bush. The relationship between the UK and US must never be allowed to end. But his domestic policies have been a complete failure. The health service is poor, the motorist is treated worse than a murderer, the court system is scandalous, the police are undermanned and overwelmed, the education system is failing children, crime is going unchecked, and Blair's pro-European Union policies make him unelectable IMO. I do believe he will gain a third term, but I will not be voting for Labour. My vote will be for the Conservative party candidate.

The Conservative Party

The Royal Wedding

It has been rescheduled from Friday to Saturday morning. Officially, I support this marriage and wish Prince Charles and Camilla the best of luck and happiness. Prince William seems to be cool with this whole thing. If it's OK with him, then that's good enough for me.

The British Monarchy

Horse Racing

It's the most exciting day of the year on Saturday. The Grand National takes place at Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool. As is tradition, I shall be placing a bet on a few horses. Hopefully, one of mine will win the race. Also hopefully, the animal rights lunatics will stay away or at least be ignored. In addition to a victory for one of the horses I am backing, I want all the horses and riders to get around the course safely.

Official Website Of Aintree

HRH

I never believed in that. When I feel like saying something, I just say it. I love the feeling of being angry, because it helps me think

315844[/snapback]

Thats unusual. With most people, getting angry clouds their judgement and keeps them from thinking straight. I teach martial arts and I've discovered that when I'm sparring someone, the best thing to do is to get them angry because then they make mistakes.

I never believed in that. When I feel like saying something, I just say it. I love the feeling of being angry, because it helps me think

315844[/snapback]

Thats unusual. With most people, getting angry clouds their judgement and keeps them from thinking straight. I teach martial arts and I've discovered that when I'm sparring someone, the best thing to do is to get them angry because then they make mistakes.

315960[/snapback]

I think there's truth in both of what you're saying - yes, anger can cloud your judgment during the height of anger but not acknowledging or expressing anger when you feel it is even more damaging to your relationship.

I hate it when I know someone is mad at me but won't talk about it - I'd rather have a relationship with someone who will let it out and then get over it rather than someone who let's it stew for months.

I agree. I can never let an arguement go until it is settled. Unlike some people, I can't just walk away. My wife can, but I can't...lol

The difficulty is some people don't know when to get out of battle mode and just listen.

I find I walk away when the person has stopped listening and is just involved in their own side of the situation.

Although King is right, there are those who are very focused when in argument. When I get very impassioned about something, I must say exactly how I feel. I do usually see my points very clearly when upset. It's just this "nice girl" programming we all [females] have.

People tend to take advantage of it, and then when I drop it, they are speechless.

Erm..........going off topic there. Sorry. :biggrin: :clap:

My strategy to win any argument is to make my enemy/victim angry.

When I push them to that point, they say something dumb and sooner or later I ALWAYS win.

The best approach I use to win is to dissect the enemy's posts line by line. It always works. Plus, it helps that I'm always right.

:o :biggrin: :clap:

For anyone who does not understand the problem, the problem is not observing that sub-Saharan Africa has struggled since the end of colonialism. It is not compalining about rigged elections, and corrupt politians, and civil war, or even tribalism.

It is saying that nothing can be done short of reinstating the former racist regimes because the black African people are incapable of anything but corruption, and tribalism, and so forth.

That is racism.

It is about continuing to degrade people in this way.

It ignores the progress that has been made in many of these nations. It ignores the fact that not every nation in Africa is suffering from an AIDS epidemic. It ignores the increase in education, varying in different nations.

THIS LOG IS CLOSED, AS PER ORDERE OF ThE MODERATOR DDILLARD. THE OTHER MODS CONCUR.

A STERN WARNING IS ISSUED WITH REGARD TO OPEN RACISM AT STARTREKFANS.NET -----

IT IS NOT PERMITTED HERE.

RESPONSIBLE DISSENT IS PERMITTED HERE.

THIS REMINDER IS ISSUED TO ALL MEMBERS OF STARTREKfANS.NET