Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone seen this movie yet? I know its "just a kid disney movie" but if you haven't sen it, you might want to consider it because I thought it was really good. Today my mom and my neighbors mom both wanted to see it, so my friend and I got dragged along with them. I thought it would be some really bad disney movie, and hate it, but it was actually very funny! We all loved it, and comming from me thats saying something. The animation was really good, and it was also Hilarious. Its a great movie for all ages, and I think a lot of people will like it. One of my neighbors is 17, and he hates going to the movies, and is a major critic of movies, and he said it he loved it, so that tell you how good it was. Is anyone planning on seeing it or have seen it? what did you think?

I'll probably go see it. I like the Pixar movies that I've seen. They could be better, but they're usually fun, and have decent animation.

I'll probably go see it.  I like the Pixar movies that I've seen.  They could be better, but they're usually fun, and have decent animation.

yeah, pixar's animation is really good, and this was definately their best. I heard they had a hard time trying to figure out how to animate water, and they did it really well. The animation in this movie was excellent imo.

We saw it today

Click for Spoiler:

Great film we liked it, the running gag about the "whale song" was so funny I squirted ink!

I took my 11 yr old niece gabby to see it and we both had to drag my husband to be with.........he only likes war movies or scary movies

at the end he really liked it

in fact he and gabby call me dorie because I am "just like her"!!!!!!

At this point, I would go and see anything that Pixar has done. They are by far the most advanced animation studio in the country if not the world. Their movies may be animation but the humor and subject material is very much adult orientated. There are so many jokes that go over the heads of anyone under ten that it reminds me of the great Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons of the 60's. How many of us here have watched the re-runs of this great series and finally get some of the jokes that were in it? It was funnier to me as an adult then it ever was when I was a kid. Pixar movies falls into this catagory. The kids watching them now will appreciate them more when they are older and understand the underlying references that are peppered throughout the film. By all means, go see "Finding Nemo", and just enjoy the incredible amount of creativity and expertise that went into this film. Hanna/Barbara this ain't..

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard good things and I'm putting it on my list of movies to see. I've been so busy I haven't had much of a chance to get to the theater. X2, Matrix: Reloaded, and Finding Nemo are all on my list :dude:

I took my 11 yr old niece gabby to see it and we both had to drag my husband to be with.........he only likes war movies or scary movies

at the end he really liked it

in fact he and gabby call me dorie because I am "just like her"!!!!!!

lol, dorie was soo funny! I was cracking up with everything she said

At this point, I would go and see anything that Pixar has done.  They are by far the most advanced animation studio in the country if not the world.  Their movies may be animation but the humor and subject material is very much adult orientated.  There are so many jokes that go over the heads of anyone under ten that it reminds me of the great Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons of the 60's.  How many of us here have watched the re-runs of this great series and finally get some of the jokes that were in it?  It was funnier to me as an adult then it ever was when I was a kid.  Pixar movies falls into this catagory.  The kids watching them now will appreciate them more when they are older and understand the underlying references that are peppered throughout the film.  By all means, go see "Finding Nemo", and just enjoy the incredible amount of creativity and expertise that went into this film.  Hanna/Barbara this ain't..

There are many things in here I agree with, but I had to quote this because my gosh, the animation was phenomenal. I mean, you could tell they weren't trying for the humans (it WAs about the fish after all), but wow. I mean, that scene of Sydney changing from night to day looked about 99% real! Some of the underwater scenes were downright beautiful.

And the movie plot and script and everything was also good.

Click for Spoiler:

I loved Dory "speaking whale". I don't care how juvenile that joke was or wasn't supposed to be, I couldn't stop laughing. She made me eek!