Sign in to follow this  
Chataeya

Home Network

:P Does this board allow home networking ?

:P :) As Raven=Feather and I tried to get on the board at the same time. He could move around the board but I could not. We each have our own PC's and have it set up where we can get on the internet at the same time, at least we can move around the internet and our games both at the same time . But when it came to this board He could go from post to post but I could not?

:) Will some one Please answer this post and let me know if a home network is plausible on this board?

:P Does this board allow home networking ?

:P  :) As Raven=Feather and I tried to get on the board at the same time. He could move around the board but I could not. We each have our own PC's and have it set up where we can get on the internet at the same time, at least we can move around the internet and our games both at the same time . But when it came to this board He could go from post to post but I could not?

:) Will some one Please answer this post and let me know if a home network is plausible on this board?

306660[/snapback]

It should allow for a home network.. It does for me

When Emil is over at my house she has gone online here and both of us were here at the same time and were able to easily post. Same as when I tested to see if my laptop connected to the network.. I was able to access this site even though my sister was visiting using my mother's computer which is on the network. Hopefully one of the mods or admins can help you in answering that, Chataeya..

But in my case, my family has had a network for almost a whole year and have not had much of a problem accessing this site... except for the time that my network crashed, but that is a whole other can of worms.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

It should allow it, yes. As long as you both are using a different IP address, when I first set up my home network I only had 1 IP address for both of my computers so I couldn't surf on both at the same time. Once I got a second IP assigned to my second PC everything worked fine.

It should allow it, yes. As long as you both are using a different IP address, when I first set up my home network I only had 1 IP address for both of my computers so I couldn't surf on both at the same time. Once I got a second IP assigned to my second PC everything worked fine.

306698[/snapback]

:blush 2: I forgot about that part. It has been so long since my brother and I set up our network for the family. But, yeah... each of our computers(including my dad's and my laptops) each have a different IP.

306698[/snapback]

I am not sure about this board and whatever it is based on, but I know for sure PHPBBs are cookie based, eg you can login 2 or more times with the same IP at the same time (even the same PC).