Sign in to follow this  

I thought Final Wars came out in December 2004?

343816[/snapback]

Maybe that was in Japanese theaters. It still hasn't come out on video.

It's not even out in Japan yet.

344246[/snapback]

Actually it is.

You can get it as either a three-disc set, or as part of a gigantic boxed set which includes every single Godzilla movie ever made.

www.godzilla.co.jp/english

Edited by Validus

Godzilla is so awesome....

Forget the films after 1985,I like the ones made BEFORE 1985!

The miniatures and models,though made fun of today,were the best available at the time and were far superior than those being used by American film companies during the same era.

The films,for the most part,were intelligently written and contained messages about protecting the environment and living peacefully as one family here on Earth.

But,I love them all,and I just about own them all.

Check out this site,it's cool.... :laugh:

TOHO KINGDOM

0004339612761_500X500.jpg

December 13th 2005

It'll be released on both DVD and UMD formats. Just so you know, UMD is a movie format for the PSP. I'm looking forward to this one.

it was the segment where the kids were talking about how if a butterfly flaps its wings, it'll affect Japan, so the kids smash the butterfly. Bad things happen so the kids and a lady in Japan keep squashing butterflies to get back at each other.

:angry: Oh man, I can't wait. Godzilla: Final Wars is finally coming out on DVD in the US next tuesday!!!! I've been waiting to see this movie for a long time and I'm just counting down the days :P

I could've pre-ordered Final Wars at Suncoast. But great googly-moogly it's a bit expensive (over $30). ^_^

I don't like paying more than $9.99 for any DVD (yeah, I'm a cheap-skate). I like the bargain bins.

Which is why I nixed all the 'Zilla DVDs at Suncoast this week for cheaper (and, IMHO, just as fun) Gamera DVDs. The Godzilla's were all between $20 and $35 a piece. The Gamera's were between $3.99 and $7.99.

That's what I'm talking about. :(

I could've pre-ordered Final Wars at Suncoast. But great googly-moogly it's a bit expensive (over $30). ^_^

I don't like paying more than $9.99 for any DVD (yeah, I'm a cheap-skate). I like the bargain bins.

Which is why I nixed all the 'Zilla DVDs at Suncoast this week for cheaper (and, IMHO, just as fun) Gamera DVDs. The Godzilla's were all between $20 and $35 a piece. The Gamera's were between $3.99 and $7.99.

you are talking about the 60's and 70's Gamera movies aren't you for $3.99? If you are, I would also recommend you see the Gamera movies from the 90's. They are just as awesome as the new Godzilla movies, even better in some cases

APW, if you don't want to use Netflicks or Suncoast, I went to Best Buy's website and they have Godzilla: Final Wars for only $22.99

That still may sound a little too much, but it's cheaper than $30. Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S. were both $25 each when I bought them so it's cheaper than usual.

I have also discovered that on December 22nd, Scifi Channel is going to have a Godzilla marathon on that day. Here's the schedule

Godzilla vs. Gigan- Thu Dec 22 08:00A on SciFi Channel

Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah Giant Monsters All Out Attack! -Thu Dec 22 10:00A on SciFi Channel

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus -Thu Dec 22 12:00P on SciFi Channel

Godzilla vs. Hedorah - Thu Dec 22 02:00P on SciFi Channel

and Christmas morning they have Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla on at 3 am. A nice little gift for Christmas to us Godzilla fans from Scifi

:(

you are talking about the 60's and 70's Gamera movies aren't you for $3.99? If you are, I would also recommend you see the Gamera movies from the 90's. They are just as awesome as the new Godzilla movies, even better in some cases

Yeah, the old Gamera films.

I saw the new Gamera Guardian of the Universe and loved it. I'll definitely be looking for the 90s films, too.

I think you'll like GFW, Gamera. Especially if you're familiar with Kitamura's other works. It's so bloody fun, it's just awesome.

I've read that Big G kills almost every other monster in Godzilla mytho history in GFW.

Does this mean Toho's never going to make another Godzilla film?

:(

no, it's the last Godzilla movie for about ten years. Just because they die in this series, doesn't mean they can't be brought back in the next and they will be.

Yea, how many times has Godzilla been killed before, anyway? :( The most dramatic death of him, I think was Godzilla vs Destroyah.

that was probably my favorite death as well.

Believe it or not, I don't hate Godzilla's Revenge even if it is just a clip show. It's a pretty dark story really about a boy who makes up an imaginary friend and later gets kidnapped. Not to mention, I like Gabara. By the end, you wonder if Gabara is just imagination or if he is a real monster. I'd like to think that he is a real monster in the Godzilla world, but I tend to think he's just made up since he has the same name as the bully who kept picking on the kid. We won't know for sure unless he shows up in a future movie, but until then, I consider him not real.

I was just watching Godzilla 2000 again yesterday and I was thinking how cool the movie was. It reminded me of the older Godzilla movies. I always like it better when Godzilla is the bad guy instead of good. I'm just watching the newer movies over again until Tuesday when GFW comes out.

Megaguirus- Today

GMK- Tomorrow

GxM, SOS- Monday

well, I had a pleasant surprise yesterday. I went to Best Buy yesterday to buy the King Kong vs. Godzilla DVD and I discovered that the best buy where I live had Godzilla Final Wars already out to buy! Needless to say I bought both of them. So you guys need to check around stores where you live, they may have released it early where you live as well.

I have to say that Godzilla: Final Wars is the best movie out of the Millennium series, at least in my opinion. I loved how they used the Xillians from Godzilla vs. Monster Zero and knocked up their coolness factor up a lot. There was so much action in this movie that the parts that didn't have any kaiju in it could have been used for a separate movie and still would have been just as cool. They have many action scenes between the humans that keep this movie very entertaining. Mainly when the main hero is fighting his friend who was brainwashed and they are fighting while riding motorcycles. That action sequence is fantastic. A lot of the story is.

X, the main Villain of the film, is probably the coolest villain I have seen on a Godzilla film. He just has this evil sneer about his face that makes him seem diabolical yet cool at the same time. I didn't watch the movie in sub-title, but in dub so I don't know if it would be the same, but the dubbed voice of X really fit with the character, I especially enjoyed his laugh. Frye, the American in this film, did a great job in it as well. It was nice to see an American once again in a Godzilla film that is actually supposed to be in it and not just added for the American version.

The music of the film also was some of the best I have heard. Everything about the music in this film fit the scenes they were put into.

The monsters fights themselves were pretty good, but short. The only problem I had with the fights that Godzilla had was that they were too short, some fights only lasting maybe thirty seconds. But who's to argue, this movie featured 15 different monsters, even the American Godzilla labeled as just Zilla on the DVD box. Even Minya returned in this film. He pretty much acts the way he usually does, but he isn't much in the film so the Minya haters shouldn't be too upset about his presence in this movie.

It’s overall a great movie to end the Millennium series. From the awesomely cool opening credits that pay homage to all of the previous movies throughout the years to the end credits, it's all fantastic and I really do enjoy the film.