Star Trek: First Contact Special Edition

Will You Be Buying the Special Edition of First Contact  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Be Buying the Special Edition of First Contact

• Of course, the day it's released
    • I will soon
    • When I get around to it
    • I already have the original FC DVD and that's good enough for me

The Special Edition of Star Trek: First Contact is scheduled to come out March 15th according to amazon.com. Who's planning on getting it? I'll get it when I have extra money...which won't happen until first contact is made with the Vulcans. :blink:

With me moving and changing command I will hold off on buying the DVD. I will most likely rent the DVD first to make sure it better than the first DVD.

Of course, the day it's released..I've been waiting for this one..I'm anxious to have this movie on DVD..

I already have the First Contact DVD, but that doesn't matter to me, I'll buy the SE anyways. First Contact is my favorite ST movie, and I'm very interested in seeing the special features and so on... so, yeah, I'll buy it the day it comes out. :blink:

I already have the First Contact DVD, but that doesn't matter to me, I'll buy the SE anyways. First Contact is my favorite ST movie, and I'm very interested in seeing the special features and so on... so, yeah, I'll buy it the day it comes out.  :blink:

303295[/snapback]

Same here. But I'm not sure if I have the money to do it then it comes out... But I will buy it as soon as possible!

:blink:

I'll be buying - hopefully as soon as it's out.

BTW, I added a poll to the thread.

303257[/snapback]

Hehe, it took me awhile to figure out why my message had a poll on it. At first I thought I added it by accident or when I was tired. :blink:

:blink: a First Contact special edition DVD! I'm gonna have to get that one! Good thing I never bought the regular one for some reason. I love that movie!

I might do that and give the regular one to my brother or my sister and her husband, whichever ask for it first.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

This one is a "Must Have" for my DVD library. On top of that, it was my favorite TNG movie and is only topped by "Wrath of Kahn." And I loved that opening theme music, very sweeping.

already have the original FC DVD and that's good enough for me

Don't have the money to spend either... :yahoo:

credit card slot's screen:

($800.99) Hit Yes or No

umm...ill take yes

ATM screen after purchase:

($0000000000) Pay Bills or Watch Star Trek

The Special Edition of First Contact would probably just give more examples of Frakes incompetent directing. I'll stick with the original that I already own.

I went directly after school to Best Buy after waiting almost an hour for the bus. Then another half hour to get there. All along I thought "It's for Star Trek. It's for Star Trek..." and when I looked for it I could not find it. When I asked a CSR, he said he would look in the back to see if they had any. I'm almost sure he didn't, because he came back fairly quick to have gone to back storage and searched through all the stuff they have. So of course he said "No, it probably hasn't been unpacked from the shipment yet, so come back around 7." It was around 4:30 at the time and I was a long busride away from home plus it would start getting dark soon. So I left.I have no patience to go back tomorrow. So I'll just have to search Kmart which is a short walk away.

I have ours on reserve at Suncoast and will pick it up on the next triple points replay day.

310451[/snapback]

Call and ask if it's March 19th and 20th. I saw a sign at mine, so it may be a chain thing.

I have ours on reserve at Suncoast and will pick it up on the next triple points replay day.

310451[/snapback]

Call and ask if it's March 19th and 20th. I saw a sign at mine, so it may be a chain thing.

310453[/snapback]

Ours are also on the 19th and the 20th (I found out when I made the reservation last Sunday.)

310451[/snapback]

310453[/snapback]

Ours are also on the 19th and the 20th (I found out when I made the reservation last Sunday.)

310457[/snapback]

Just trying to help. :P

I pre-ordered my copy online but it hasn't arrived yet - actually it hasn't shipped yet!!! I called the customer service number to find out why and the lady I spoke to said that of the 2 movies I had ordered ST: FC had so many pre-orders they hadn't gotten to my order yet. She said she hoped it would be shipped within the next couple of days.

The other movie I pre-ordered was The Incredibles (also released March 15) and she said that one was already available for me as I was near the top of the list for pre-orders for that. I found that information to be rather fascinating.

I got it recently! I have not actually watched the film but started with the special features.

I had watched part of them yesterday morning... and I awoke this morning to find my brother watching through the entire section on the Borg. :rolleyes: But then what can I expect?? He is a huge fan of the Borg, and pretty much anything cybernetics based..

I bought my copy of the DVD last Friday. It was better than I thought it would be.

I really enjoyed the commentaries of Brannon Braga and Ronald D. Moore and the one by Jonathan Frakes. I usually find commentaries boring but I've really enjoyed listening to the commentaries on both Generations and First Contact.