Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

How Would You Rate "The Aenar"?

How Would You Rate "Aenar"?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How Would You Rate "Aenar"?

I give it a ten. I thought that it was one of the best trek episodes that I have ever seen. It had everything that we have come to expect from the Trek franchise.

All through the show I kept thinking to myself how great this episode was - the acting, the interaction between characters both on Andorian and on Enterprise, the plot, the conflict, etc....

Then the last two minutes happened. Could have lived without that. In all fairness I gave it a 10 anyway.

Wow.

While I continue to believe that the fourth - and final - season of Enterprise will go down as the finest, it still won't be "perfect".

Tonight's episode - "The Aenar" is one of those episodes that will likely fuel a lot of debate. There were some good aspects to the show, no doubt, but there were a lot of problems with it as well.

Read a full review on "The Aenar" by clicking through to the link below.

And please, by all means, let me know what you think and if you agree/disagree with my take on this episode.

The Aenar Review

-John

The Star Trek LCARS Book & Episode Database

10. I have no complaints with this episode. It rocked! I love andorians! (and their pale peacenik cousins)

A definite 10. This episode not only had a great conclusion to this particular arc, but also went to a personal depth, in which someone was completely willing to sacrifice themself for someone they love.

This is what Star Trek in general is all about.

It's a terrible shame that Enterprise has to be cancelled. :biggrin:

10!!! Just to say about the start of it... Why does everyone want to destory Enterprise?!?!?! It's a great ship and show. Never saw what was coming at the end and just to note that the writes will only have 5 shows at most to close the whole story if UPS's plans go through. So, what that means is that once we get into to April the stories might get waky and bad due to UPN's dumb idea.

So, what that means is that once we get into to April the stories might get waky and bad due to UPN's dumb idea.

302784[/snapback]

Most of the scripts had already been written before the announcement. Even the season ending arc had been mostly written so UPN's cancellation is not going to effect the quality of upcoming episodes.

Click For Spoiler

I am giving it an 8.5. I enjoyed the episode, but the ending and the promise of more

Click For Spoiler

Edit: Correct the above comments.

Click For Spoiler
Edited by mj

Gave it a 9.5 as well it was also a good episode with lots of meat to it.

Click For Spoiler
Its quiet a change of pace though going from the Vulcan Desert to a Andorian Moon ice Planet and a shame about Trip wanting a transfer to another ship and the Aenar being a White Version of the Andorians was also amazing.

:blink: :blink: :hug: :(

Click For Spoiler
he was a very good Engineer on Enterprise now i'll just be stuck watching BSG instead when no new eps of Enterprise are aired was a credit to the Franchise

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
nice episode. Some of the best of Enterprise. Kind of anticlimatic at the end IMO, but I don't know, it was really good.
Edited by WEAREBORG4102

I gave it a begrudging 9

Click For Spoiler
If not for the Trip/T'Pol scenes it would have been better.

However, I felt like the best scene was between Schran and the Aenar woman - that was just a compelling scene. And Schran was by the far the highlight of the episode.

While on the one hand we acknowledge the plots have been better this season I feel like character development has been practically non-existent. There is so much concentration on plot that relationships seem very impersonal. No one faces any issues or questions.

Trip has really done nothing this season but pine over T'Pol like a lovesick puppy and it annoys me. His character was so strong during the first season and had a lot of promise. I also thought at times during seasons two and three thought he showed great strength and leadership ability - better than either Archer or T'Pol. It's like TPTB didn't want us to like him so they diminished his role.

I've read some additional spoilers about Trip/T'Pol that allude

Click For Spoiler
to there being some sort of link between them. Perhaps she did some mind meld thing to him while in her drug state - who knows what they have planned - because most human beings - particularly ones as strong as Trip are able to get over an unhappy love affair. (not that the way this relationship was presented ever once felt like anything remotely close to love
anyway I feel Trip is just another victim of her self indulgence and this relationship has been a major dead end for his character.

So while I'm glad they fixed Vulcan culture and showed a little more intro to the TOS world it's been leaving me with an empty feeling lately.

At the very end of the show, it was announced that there are four episodes remaining.  :blink:

303235[/snapback]

That's strange because they already have 5 more episodes completed (Affliction, Divergence, Bound and In The Mirror Darkly Parts 1 and 2) and they need to have another 3 more done to get to the 98 they have said will be entering second run syndication this fall. Those 3 episodes are the finale arc and they've already been written.

I seldom give a episode a 10 but I have to on this occasion

Click For Spoiler
I liked almost everything about this episode and it makes me sad that just as the show was starting to pick up a bit it's being cancelled. The only part I did not like was that Tripp's transfer request because of his feelings for T'Pol. Tripp's a smart man and I think he should know that he can do a lot better by now.. T'Pol's ex-fiancee seems to have known what to do....

I wasn't greatly impressed. I gave it a 7.5. Not crappy, but average.

Click For Spoiler
I liked seeing Andoria and Shran's reaction to being home. Not to mention how stubborn he is about being helped by Archer.

I personally liked the frustration that Trip goes through in this episode. I thought it was one of the better parts of it. Just the way the Trineer performs gives the impression that he's not sure what to think or do. He's just making alot of knee jerk reactions (Columbia) Oh yeah

Click For Spoiler
I don't see why everyone is bashing the move for Trip to leave. Yeah, Trip is my favorite character and it'll suck losing him, but hey that's life. Things suck. Trip doesn't want to have to face T'pol every day on Enterprise. Its his way of dealing with the issue on a temprary basis. Its a dramatic stroyline.
Sorry, I just had to get that out.

The Romulan Admiral was very well played aswell and I loved his story about being cast out of the senate.

Phlox's conversation with Trip was very entertaining as well

Trip-"Vulcan nuero pressure was your idea."

Click For Spoiler
The biggest down sides were just inconsistancies with the Aenar (why does a blind species have holographic projection system? And why is less advanced species able to build a city that hangs on the ice?)

The telepresence unit seemed very advanced for the 22nd century. I also doubt that the Enterprise crew could have contructed something that experimental off of sensor readings.

And Bakula's acting seemed stiff aswell.

The Romulan scientist was too much compassion from the Romulans for my taste.

Click For Spoiler

303489[/snapback]

It was only assumed that the Aenar were

Click For Spoiler

I gave a 9 and a 9.5 the last two weeks but I can only give this one a 7.5. I enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, but it felt oddly disjointed from the rest of the arc. Shran was terrific as always, and

Click For Spoiler
that last scene between Trip and Archer was just heart wrenching. Poor Archer was just blindsided.

9.5 - Very good episode, not as good as the previous weeks episode's but still very good. I thought the Aener was an interesting species and

Click For Spoiler
I was shocked when trip announced he was transferring to the Columbia.

Sign in to follow this