Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Got a Webcam or Digital Recorder?

I just had a thought. The decision to cancel Enterprise was made because Paramount sees the fans as numbers *ratings*. I was thinking that if anyone has a web cam or any other device that would allow them to make a 3 to 5 minute little video to answer the following questions it would force them to put a face to on our pleas. If you are interested in doing this then record a brief video that answers the following.

Why do you love Enterprise?
    Why do you think that it should not be cancelled?
    How has Enterprise effected your life?
    How would the cancelation negatively effect your life?

Remember to be very respectful. I also recommend not mentioning anything about the show having weakness, we should all be trying to sell the show in a positive light.

Once we have the videos together I will put them together on a DVD and send it to UPN Paramount and The SciFi Channel.

This may not be a real big deal but I think that it is important that they see us as people and not numbers. Also I think that since this does require some effort it will be something that they will take seriously. Also, if you have any friends, family or members of other sites that would like to do this as well that would be great. Feel free to spread the word.

Please post here if you are interested in doing this.

I personally think this is a great idea..I hope enough members make a little video so you can pack a DVD with fans..I myself plan on trying to put one together. It'll give me a chance to use that webcam of mine..I had big plans when I bought it but I never use it..I'll see what I can come up with..How will we get the videos to you ? By E-Mail ?

Email would work, I am also going to see if VBG can think of a way to setup a secure way to send them as well to make it easy. I will post an exact way to send them by the end of the day.

Perhaps we should have a page of people and their names (like a petition) set up in a very visibnle way online

Perhaps an online advert? Perhaps some where that these people are likely to see?

Once someone gets one finished let me know that the file size is, that will make it easier to determine how to get them to me.

I can tell you right now for one of high qulity(that of normal TV) 30 secs is about 130 megs, the next type lower that can be made in windows movie make is about 5.1 megs-6.5 megs for 30secs. Just to give you a round idea.

Okay, I am going to donate some space on my business server to allow people to upload the files by ftp. If you are interested either post here, send me a pm, or email me at ddillard@startrekfans.net. I send you instructions on how to upload the files by ftp, as well as your username and password. Each person will only have access to their own folder so that it will avoid any tampering and it will also help to ensure each members personal privacy as myself and vbg will be the only ones that will have access to anyone else's folder. If you would like to allow other members to see your videos I will be glad to move them to a location where it can be linked to the boards and send you the link.

Just what Enterprise needs, my face on a video.  :bow:

302300[/snapback]

LOL Yes, it does.

302311[/snapback]

I agree completely. We need to put as many voices on this as possible.

Okay I have received our first submission for this and it is great. The author has graciously given me permission to post it here so that everyone can see it. He was a little nervous about doing it at first but I think it is great and is exactly the type of thing that we want TPTB to see.

StevenNX01 Video Letter

Just what Enterprise needs, my face on a video.  :biggrin:

302300[/snapback]

LOL..funny Data. But actually I do agree that a video from fans may be a good, or at least highly interesting way of demostrating the fact that many of you wish to keep the series alive at least a while longer.

Me, personally... save for the Soong arc, and the first two or three episodes before UPN disappeared here. I have not seen much of the series, so I cannot say that I am a fan of it. And what I did see, save for the Soong arc I was not much interested in it. But, I know that many many people ARE very much into the series and am sad to hear that they do not get to have their favorite run as long as at least 3 of the other series did(like my favorite TNG). True TOS only ran for three seasons, but back then the networks did not realize what impact the series would have on people (on the plus side, TOS did go into reruns...which allowed peopleto get to watch it for the first time or for the umpteenth time. And continues to this day, this is what made it so my sister Emil and I to get to see the series when we were tots).

I also agree with, UA on the grounds that not everyone will be either able or willing to put their faces on a video...so having a very visible online petition which as far as I know you all have one going. Or taking out an ad would be a nice alternative for those who wish not to go the video route.