Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BakulaBabe

Which Beatle Are You?

Which Beatle are you?

http://quizilla.com/users/kuwaitkitty/quiz...%20Are%20You%3F

:laugh: WOOHOO!!! My favorite Beatle!!! :look:

1107195270_e-Harrison.jpg

Click For Spoiler
You are George Harrison.

Here is what George has to say about...

Fame

"First hearing 'Love Me Do' on the radio sent me shivery all over. It was the best buzz of all time. We knew it was going to be on Radio Luxenbourg at something like 7:30 on Thursday night. I was in my house at Speke and we all listened in."

"We were now coming back to Britain (after the US tour) and playing in the working men's club in Accerington. We still fulfilled obligations that we had before we got really famous. That was one of the things everybody was proud of"

Money

"'Funny Paper'-thats the what we get. We get bits of paper saying how much we earned and what this is and that is, but we never actually get in pounds, shilling and pence. We've all got a big house and a var and an office, but to actually get the money we've earned seems impossible."

Writing the Songs

"'Here comes the Sun' was written at the time when Apple [recording company] was where we had to go and be businessmen: 'Sign this' and 'Sign that'. Anyway, it seems as if winter in England goes on forever; by the time spring comes you really deserve it. So one day I decided I was going to sag off Apple, and went over to Eric Clapton's house. The relief of not having to go and see all those dopey accountants was wonderful, and I walked around the garden with one of Eric's acoustic guitars and wrote "Here comes the Sun"

The End of the Era

"I think we gave hope to the Beatles fans. We fave them a positive feeling that there was a sunny day ahead and that there was a good time to be had and that you are your own person and that the government didn't own you"

"Looking back we did pretty good for ourselves considering we were just four Liverpool lads. We did not do too badly coping... The people gave their money and they gave their sceams, but The Bealtes gave their nervous system, which is a much more difficult thing to give"

1107195965_umentsjohn.jpg

You Are John Lennon.

Here is what John has to say about....

The Beginning "Many People ask what are Beatles? How did the name arrive? So we will tell you. It came in a vision-a man appeared on a flaming pie and said 'From this day on you are the Beatles with an A'"

Writing the Songs

"'In My Life' was, I think my first real, major piece of work. Up until then it had all been glib and throwaway. It started out as a bus journey from my house on Melove Avenue to town. I had a complete set of lyrics, naming every sight. It became...a remembrance or friends and lovers of the past."

"I sat in a restaurant in Spain and the violinist insisted on playing 'Yesterday' right in my ear. One day he's going to find out that Paul wrote it. But I guess he couldn't go from table to table playing 'I am the Walrus'"

The End Of The Era

"I started the band. I disbanded it. It's as simple as that. My life with The Beatles had become a trap. When I finally had the guts to tell the other three that I, quote, wanted a divorce, unquote, they knew it was for real."

You Are John Lennon.

The Beginning "Many People ask what are Beatles? How did the name arrive? So we will tell you. It came in a vision-a man appeared on a flaming pie and said 'From this day on you are the Beatles with an A'"

Writing the Songs

"'In My Life' was, I think my first real, major piece of work. Up until then it had all been glib and throwaway. It started out as a bus journey from my house on Melove Avenue to town. I had a complete set of lyrics, naming every sight. It became...a remembrance or friends and lovers of the past."

"I sat in a restaurant in Spain and the violinist insisted on playing 'Yesterday' right in my ear. One day he's going to find out that Paul wrote it. But I guess he couldn't go from table to table playing 'I am the Walrus'"

The End Of The Era

"I started the band. I disbanded it. It's as simple as that. My life with The Beatles had become a trap. When I finally had the guts to tell the other three that I, quote, wanted a divorce, unquote, they knew it was for real."

1107195652_lMcCartney.jpg

You are Paul McCartney

Here is what Paul has to say about...

The Beginning

It was John and Stuart [sutcliffe, an original member of the band] who thought of the name. One April evening in 1960, John and Stuart announced: 'Hey, we want to call the band "The Beatles"' Hmmm, a bit creepy isn't it? It's alright though, a double meaning. One of our favorite groups, The Crickits, had a dual-meaning name: cricket the game, and crickets the little grasshoppers. We thought it was true literature. (We've spoken to The Crickets since, and found out that they hadn't realized that we had a game called cricket) They never knew they had a second meaning.)"

Fame

"We were quite glad for a short period that people were screaming, because with some of those early gigs, we wished that someone would cover the noise we were making."

"We were constantly being asked all sorts of very profound questions. But we're not very profound people. People say, 'What do you think of the H-bomb, or religion, of fan worship?' But we didn't really start thinking about these things until people asked us. ...What do I think of the H-bomb? ...I don't agree with it"

Money

"We used to ask, 'Am I a millionare yet?' and they used to say cryptic things like, 'On paper you are' And we'd say, 'Well, what does that mean? Am I or Aren't I?...' It was very difficult to get anything out of these people, and the accountants never made you feel successful"

Writing the Songs

I woke up one morning with a tune in my head and I thought, Hey I don't know this tune-or do I? I thought maybe I'd just remembered it from the past. ...Over the next couple of weeks I started to put in the words. ...And then, one day, I had the idea of 'Yesterday'. ...It was my most successful song. It's amazing that it just came to me in a dream. That's why I don't profess to know anythinig; I think music is all very mystical."

"I showed up at John's house and he had a drawing that Julian had done at school with the title 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' above it. Then we went up to his music room and wrote the son. ...I remember comming up with 'cellophane flowers' and 'newspaper taxis' and John answered with things like 'Kaleidoscope eyes' and 'Looking glass eyes'. We never noticed the LSD initials until it was pointed out later-by which point people didn't believe us"

[When John and Cynthia broke up] I felt particularly sorry for Julian... I thought, as a friend of the family, I would motor out to [their home] Weybridge and tell them that everything was alright: to try and cheer them up. I had about an hours drive. I would always turn the radio off and try to make up songs. ...I started singing 'Hey Jools...don't make it bad, take a sad song and make it better. ...' It was optimistic, a hopeful message for Julian: 'Come on, man, your parents got divorced. I know you're not happy, but you'll be okay'. I eventually change Jools to Jude."

The Brotherhood

One of my greatest memories of John is when we were having some arguement and we were calling each other names. We let it settle for a second and then he lowered his glases and said, 'It's just me.." and then he put his glasses back on. To me, that was John. Thoses were the moments when I actually saw him without the facade ...and you'd just see the real John Lennon that he was frightened to reveal to the world."

"It helped that we were a gang together. Mick Jaggers called us the Four-Headed Monster because we went everywhere together, dressed similarly. We'd all have black polo-neck sweaters and dark suits and the same haircut, so we did look like a four-headed monster."

The End of the Era

I spent a lot of time up in Scotland where I had a farm. ...I didn't bother shaving much, dida lot of drinking: 'Whats the matter?' you know. So I lost the plot there for a while-for about a year-but luckily Linda's very sensible and said, 'Look you ok. Its just the shock of The Beatles and all that'. I was thinking: 'Well, can I ever write and sinhg again? What does anyone want with an out-of-work bass player?' It hit me pretty hard."

I got my favorite beatle!!1107195734_RingoStarr.jpgYou are Ringo Starr

Here is what Ringo has to say about...

Fame

In 1963 the attitude ot my whole family changed. They treated me like a different person. One absolutely clear vision I had was round at my auntie's, where I'd been a thousand times before. We were having a cup of tea and somebody knocked my saucer. Everyone's reaction was 'He can't have that. we have to tidy up." That would never have happened befor. ...Home and family were the two things I didn't want to change because it had all changed 'out there', and we were no longer really sure who our friends were, unless we'd had known them before the fame."

Writing the Songs

"I wrote the Octapus's Garden in Saridinia. Pter Sellers lent us his yacht and we went out for the day. We told the captain we wanted fish and chips for lunch. And so when lunch time came around we had the french fries, but then there was this other stuff on the plate- 'Well, what's this?'-'Its squid...' Anyway, we ate it and it was ok, a bit rubbery. ...I stayed out on the deckwith the captain and we talked about octopus's. He told me that they hang out in their caves and go around the seabed finding shiny stones and tin cans and bottles to put in front of their cave, like a garden. I thought this was fabulous."

The Brotherhood

"I was an only child and suddenly I felt as thought I'd got three brothers. We really looked out for each other and we had many laughs together. In the way that astronauts who went to the moon shared that unique experience together, it's absolutely true of The Beatles. We three are now the only people who can sit and understand each other and understand it.

The End of the Era

"I do get emotional when I think back to those times...We were honest with each other and we were honest about the music. The music was positive. The basic Beatles message was love."

You Are John Lennon.

Writing the Songs

The End Of The Era

I have no clue if this is accurate or not. I do not know the Beatles very well.

I am the Walrus...

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1107714500.jpg

You Are John Lennon.

The Beginning: “Many People ask what are Beatles? How did the name arrive? So we will tell you. It came in a vision—a man appeared on a flaming pie and said: 'From this day on you are the Beatles with an A.'”

Writing the Songs:

“'In My Life' was, I think my first real, major piece of work. Up until then it had all been glib and throwaway. It started out as a bus journey from my house on Melove Avenue to town. I had a complete set of lyrics, naming every sight. It became...a remembrance or friends and lovers of the past.”

“I sat in a restaurant in Spain and the violinist insisted on playing 'Yesterday' right in my ear. One day he's going to find out that Paul wrote it. But I guess he couldn't go from table to table playing 'I am the Walrus'.”

The End Of The Era:

“I started the band. I disbanded it. It's as simple as that. My life with The Beatles had become a trap. When I finally had the guts to tell the other three that I, quote, wanted a divorce, unquote, they knew it was for real.”

post-812-1095566621.gif