Sign in to follow this  
Christiantrekfan

What would Picard do?

I was thinking yesterday because I was bored, and I came up with this question. I know it's a weird one, and you're probably going to think-Where did she come up with that?! But I am just curious, so I thought I'd ask you guys. What would Picard do in this situation?

Here's the scenario, even though it's not complete. Okay, so say maybe some villans-the Romulans or somebody-captures Picard and Wesley. They really weren't trying to get Wesley though-he just happened to be in the same place as Picard, so they took him too. Then they decide that its a good thing they ended up with Wesley too, cause they think that if they torture Wesley-beat him up, use some type of device that causes extreme pain or something-, then it'll be easier to get the information they want out of Picard. So they do, with Picard present, and force Picard to watch them do it.

My question, what I'm curious about, is how do you think that Picard would react to that? How do you think Wesley would react? Like I said, a weird question, but the thought struck, so I'm asking, lol. Anyway, please reply. You can give your opinion or even write a few paragraphs of a story that doesn't exsist, about what you think would happen, or whatever. Anyway, I was just curious.

Since Wesley was supposedly "super-evolved" beyond all other humans ( :b-day: ), I'm sure the little Mary-Sue would be able to do something.

Or he'd find some piece of technology and adapt it into a weapon or a communication device since he was an expert at everything ( <_< ).

Or the Romulans would find Wesley's spirit unbreakable and say "You are a brave one young man, you have resisted us, we salute you good sir", and release him and Picard to the Enterprise which has miraculously tracked them down using some kind of signal from their comm badge or whatever.

What would Picard do?

Hey!!! With Wes around, who needs Picard? Wesley Crusher could do everything!!!!

:nono:

I'd say Wesley would've cracked but Picard wouldn't, he's been tortured by the Romulans before and held up well. Picard would have more than Wesley's life in his hands.

I don't think Picard would talk. He would not want to give information that could hurt many members of starfleet to save one. I could see Picard lieing to the Romulans, promising to give them information only after Weseley was released.

Picard would tell them a lie with a little truth. He would then in hand, eye, or head movements show Wes he has a plan. Later Picard fakes something then takes out the bad guys and frees Wes. As they ecsape the get into a fire fight and Wes has to lower the shields of what ever they are in and the Enterprise comes in to save them. I think that sounds right.

I don't think the Romulans would torture Wesley to try to get Picard to talk. I think they would be more likely to kill Wes rather than capture him in that situation.

<_< Erm, that's a scenario i have often pondered myself very often whenever i'm bored :nono:

If i was Picard i'd just let them torment the wee creep as much as they wanted. I would ask for pop corn and a camcorder so i could share the show with everyone who knew him. Im sure even Beverly wouldnt mind kicking back in Ten Forward with a double vodka and Coke and watch the miserable little whining goody goody 80s throw back get a good whiping from a Ferengi or a little bit of pain stick prodding from an 18 stone Klingon. In fact, im sure Picard would win the £500 for entering into 'You've been framed'.

Wesley was such an annoying pants boy. He made Katherine Pulaski look interesting. Scenes between them were painful to watch.

If Picard was captured with Wesley im sure he would object. to him being tortured. But if we just use our brains here for a moment, he OBVIOUSLY wouldnt be in much of a position to do muhc about it.

Wesley - "It hurts, it burns, oh i'm in agony..."

Picard - ha ha!

Very interesting. Although I don't think they'd just kill him. But if they did kill Wesley, what do you think Picard would do then?

300011[/snapback]

I think the Romulans would kill him as they were capturing Picard and I don't think Picard would be able to do anything about it. Wes isn't going to have a big sign around his neck saying "I'm a family friend of Picard's" so how would the Romulans even know he was someone mildly important to Picard. IMO, the only prisoner the Romulans would care about is Picard so they would have no need to let the rest live.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Wasn't it Cardassians that tortured Picard then? I don't think he's ever been tortured by Romulans...

Anyhow, I'd agree that they'd kill Wesley. He appears sort of useless.

In the event that they didn't, Picard wouldn't crack through seeing him tortured. Wesley would just have to endure it until one or both of them came up with some super plan probably involving lots of useful technobabble. The details of which escape me. But you know they would. <_<

I wasn't certain either. I looked it up. In Chain of Command, at least, it was the Cardassian Gul Madred.

Funny, all I recall of that episode is 'There are four lights!' Wonderfully Orwellian.

:<_<: Everyone's so quick to blame the Romulans. :nono:

::stops being annoyingly offtopic now, sorry!::

Wasn't it Cardassians that tortured Picard then? I don't think he's ever been tortured by Romulans...

300080[/snapback]

You're right. It was the Cardassians and not the Romulans.

Yeah, I know it was the Cardassians who tortured Picard in that ep. The scenario I came up with has nothing to do with it. Anyway, I don't even have to post my opinion. It's obvious fom my avatar who my favorite character is, and what I would say in answer to my question, lol!

Well, lemme see...

Jean-Luc would not talk. Wesley is a Starfleet Officer (well, acting Ensign, Ensign, Lieutenant, like in Nemesis, whatever), and he is "trained" to endure pain and torture. I know, one cannot be trained for that sort of thing, but at least he knows how he SHOULD react to something like that. And Jean-Luc knows that and he also knows that Wesley would probably tell him not to say anything, no matter what the Romulans are doing to him.

If the Romulans killed Wesley, well, Jean-Luc would STILL not talk.

Yes, I agree that Picard would not talk no matter how much they put Wes through, or how much it hurt to watch them torture him. I also agree with what you said about Wesley, and I think that Wesley would do his best to endure the pain until either they were rescued or they found a way to escape, because you're right, Wes knows his duty to Starfleet.

If loser boy Will Wheaten's Wesley hadve beeen such a great character how come he was never asked to appear in any of the movies and was cut from the one where he was allowed to sit at a table?

If loser boy Will Wheaten's Wesley hadve beeen such a great character how come he was never asked to appear in any of the movies and was cut from the one where he was allowed to sit at a table?

300301[/snapback]

Wes' run on TNG, for the most part, was bad, I agree. I do think that his final few episodes (as a regular and guest) made him a better character. He wasn't so "perfect".

Of all the characters, Wes ranks right down there with his mother as my least favourites. However, I do believe that Wil Wheaton is a very talented individual. He is a fine actor and a fine writer.

I don't think Wes would hold up too well to torture, especially not psychological torture. I know he passed his psych test at the Academy entrance exam but torture's a lot different.

Picard would find the nice easy solution and Wesley would wonder of and get into trouble and make the situation 10times worse