Sign in to follow this  

Enterprise

If Enterprise gets cancelled by UPN can it go to syndication and air new episodes? Or possibly could it go to another network?

If Enterprise gets cancelled by UPN can it go to syndication and air new episodes?  Or possibly could it go to another network?

299118[/snapback]

If Enterprise is cancelled by UPN there is a possibility it could go into first run syndication (new episodes). Rick Berman has indicated many times in the past that if UPN did cancel the series, there were back-ups to try to keep the show in production. Viacom, which owns Paramount and UPN, is a major player in the syndication world, offering both first run and second run series through its subsidiaries.

Viacom also own other networks, such as Spike TV. However, considering the way Spike has treated TNG and DS9 over the past year, I don't think it is likely Enterprise would show up there even though the demographics Spike is looking for would be well served by Enterprise. There is even less chance of Enterprise ending up on CBS' fall schedule.

Personally, I believe if the DVDs sell well and with second run syndication rights now having been sold to 90% of the US market already, that the possibilities are good that production will not be stopped if UPN cancels it. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I would like to think that if UPN cancels the show that it will go on in first run syndication. I do not believe that UPN would be the deciding factor in the shows going on.

I know the scifi channel sometimes picks up cancelled series: The Outer Limits, Andromeda, Stargate. They hit paydirt with Stargate but I don't know if Andromeda did much for them. So I don't know if they'd be open to Enterprise or not. They would probably need to move production to Canada for them to afford it.

This is so stupid in a way. I was just reading part of a transcript of a conversation Scott Bakula had with one of the astronauts who is currently on the International Space Station. This guy on the ISS can watch Enterprise while areas of the US can't.

I believe that the four seasons will be shown as reruns on syndication before any new episodes are created. What would would be the possibility that Enterprise ends up on the Sci Fi channel? At present, The Original Series is shown late at night on the Sci Fi channel.

Edited by Data