Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

How do you see the characters of trek?

Are the Trek characters just characters on a TV show or do they mean more to you?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Trek characters just characters on a TV show or do they mean more to you?

• They are just characters on a TV show and nothing more.
    • They are more than just characters, but I could go on without them.
    • They are important to me and I view them as friends that I visit each time I watch and episode.
    • They are like a part of my family and if I lost them I would mourn their loss as I would that of a family member.
    • I have an opinion but choose not to express it.

The Admiral is realistic on this one...

I don't know any of the actors or other folks associated with Trek...

far as I know,they could be total jerks...?

I enjoy the shows,I watch when I can,and that's about it....

If Trek suddenly went off the air I would survive,no worries.... ;)

Its not like I'd go all :borg2:

besides I'd still have all of yall to discuss Trek with.... :lol:

Well I didn't quite find an option to my liking. The 3rd that started with "they are important to me" is right as far as that. They are important to me because certain characters have added to my technological and biological distinctivenes. Resistance was futile. But seriously, many of the characters have been important to me because they have added to my sense of morality. This very reason is why Picard is my favorite character in all of literature. Edited by Commander Bolivar

Well I didn't quite find an option to my liking.  The 3rd that started with "they are important to me" is right as far as that.  They are important to me because certain characters have added to my technological and biological distinctivenes.  Resistance was futile.  But seriously, many of the characters have been important to me because they have added to my sense of morality.  This very reason is why Picard is my favorite character in all of literature.

In all of literature?All?Really?Wow.

:borg2:

They are more than just characters to me, but I can live without them if it suddenly ended. Of course I do not see how it could really end, since there are DVD's and videos. But I have been watching Star Trek for over thiry years, and many of those years with just reruns to watch. I cannot think of any other program I have watched that faithfully.

I had to choose They are like a part of my family and if I lost them I would mourn their loss as I would that of a family member. because if i lost them i dont now what i would do with myself. :bow: :( :( :)

:bow:

Seeing as I don't have many friends :bow: I would put them down as friends, It's just a pity I couldn't go out with them for a drink LoL.

id mourn their death, but would move on.....this may sound harsh, but i dont "really" know them, they are just fiction people that i know.

I have always viewed the characters on Star Trek as simply characters on a television show that I happen to enjoy watching.From time to time I will become particularly attached to a certain actor/actress and will begin looking for other films or shows they have worked on.But if Star Trek went away tomorrow,I would go on.It would be upsetting,though.

Star trek has been part of my live ever since. I'm a trekkie right from the start with TOS and the characters are like friends to me. Some more close, some less.

Before ENT started I saw pictures of the crew and read about it. And I didn't like it. This made me very sad because I feared there would come 7 years without Star trek for me - only the old movies and episodes. Fortunately when I saw my first ENT episode it got me!!!!!

Let me tell you another story. I read the book "shock wave" before I saw the episode. When I read about the disaster with the Paaragan colony I was so depressed. I thought, how terrible the crew must feel, how guilty and sad. For quite a time I couldn't think of anything else. Sometimes I said to myself "hey, stop it - it's only a story". But it took me time to get over it.

This may sound odd. But I see there are people here who'll understand.

They are my friends. I grew up watching TNG, so the characters hold a special place in my heart.

Edited by bysty

This is an older thread that I wanted to bring back out for further discussion for those that were not around the first time.

I have an opinion but I choose not to express it. Mostly because I'm not sure how.