Sign in to follow this  

I was wondering if anyone has seen The Aviator yet. There has been so much hype around this movie with its Golden Globe nominations and talk of Oscar nominations as well. I'd like to know if it as good as its hype says it is. Also, I'm curious as to how much screen time Brent Spiner has.

I will get around to seeing it at some point. It might take me a little while to work up to stomach to go see a Leonardo DiCaprio movie though (lol can't you tell I'm not a fan of his).

It's not playing where I live. We're lucky to have a theatre in town at all but we don't get everything. I really do want to see this movie though - but if it's an oscar contender doesn't it have to wait nine months to be released on video?

I just got the movie last night but haven't watched it yet. As soon as I watch it I'll let you know.

294558[/snapback]

Thanks. If you could let me know at what point Brent's appearance in the movie starts and ends, I'll see about going late and leaving early. LOL

Leo's all right ... I feel sorry for him. I'll bet he wishes he'd never done Titanic! It just about ruined his career. All those silly tweenagers going gaga ... very annoying.

He's great in "Catch Me if You Can" and "Gangs of New York." I rented both of those movies for the other actors that were in them ... Tom Hanks and Daniel Day-Lewis ... but Leonardo really held his own with them.

We'll probably go see it, but I really don't know how much I care about Howard Hughes, so maybe we won't go see it and wait for the video.

Well I disagree. I think Daniel Day-Lewis mopped the floor with pretty boy DeCappio. Don't get me wrong, he is a good actor, but not nearly as good as he thinks he is.

Brent is on for about a minute and a half somewhere in the middle.

At any rate, I would recommend it if you can sit through a 3 hour movie. If you are a DeCappio fan you will enjoy seeing him fly. If you don't like DeCappio you will enjoy seeing him crash and burn. B)

Well I disagree. I think Daniel Day-Lewis mopped the floor with pretty boy DeCappio.  Don't get me wrong, he is a good actor, but not nearly as good as he thinks he is.

294727[/snapback]

Well, duh B) ... Honestly, there's no actor alive who can go toe to toe with Daniel Day-Lewis! I guess I was mainly saying that Leo did not embarrass himself (or me watching him) in the movie. It would have been an easy thing to do even for a lesser actor. Lewis is magnificent in everything I've ever seen him in ... going all the way back to "A Room with a View."

And I don't think that DeCaprio has the "ego" that everyone thinks he has. Titanic was a horrible mistake for him ... but who knew? He's trying to lay a little lower since and that's a good thing.

I've seen interviews with him on the "Catch Me If You Can" DVD and he just seems very sincere ... who knows really?

Brent is on for about a minute and a half somewhere in the middle.

294727[/snapback]

THAT'S ALL!!! Oh well, I'll still go.

I've seen interviews with him on the "Catch Me If You Can" DVD and he just seems very sincere ... who knows really?

294821[/snapback]

That's the problem with trying to figure out actors/actresses, when do you really know if it's them or they are acting. I'm afraid I base my opinions on the tabloids although I don't believe everything I read but the pictures are hard to ignore.

I have not seen it yet, I probably won't catch it until it comes out on DVD. Even with Brent appearing in it... still will wait.

I watched it this morning, it was "ok". It ended a little sooner then I expected and I'd have liked a little more indepth story line.

It's not the kind of movie I'd watch a second time.

i want to see it tomorrow! my mom says its bad but i wanna see it cuz Gwen Stefani's in it n she just rocks!

298988[/snapback]

We seem to be in the same situation - shelling out money for a few minutes of screen time by a favourite actor/singer. From what I understand her role in the film was very small.

Heck, I didn't even know she was in it!

Then again I didn't know Brent was in it either before I went to see it.  I just looked up and there he was.

300489[/snapback]

She played Jean Harlow

I was wondering if anyone has seen The Aviator yet. There has been so much hype around this movie with its Golden Globe nominations and talk of Oscar nominations as well. I'd like to know if it as good as its hype says it is. Also, I'm curious as to how much screen time Brent Spiner has.

I will get around to seeing it at some point. It might take me a little while to work up to stomach to go see a Leonardo DiCaprio movie though (lol can't you tell I'm not a fan of his).

294385[/snapback]

WHERE WE SEPARATED AT BIRTH!!!!!

that is how i feel i want to see it to see brent but i really hate to see a movie staring leonardo dicraprio and yes i spelled it right dicraprio!

I just got the movie last night but haven't watched it yet. As soon as I watch it I'll let you know.

294558[/snapback]

Thanks. If you could let me know at what point Brent's appearance in the movie starts and ends, I'll see about going late and leaving early. LOL

294606[/snapback]

OK WE WHERE SEPERATED A BIRTH!!!!

I althought rented and watch sorta with fast forwarding star dust memories and he is in there for like 2 seconds

Heck, I didn't even know she was in it!

Then again I didn't know Brent was in it either before I went to see it.  I just looked up and there he was.

300489[/snapback]

that happen to me and the master of disguse we just wanted to go to the movies one year and it was like since there is nothing good here lets just see this and as i am watching the first part i was like OMG IT'S BRENT IT'S BRENT!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S BRENT AHHHHHHH

yes i am insaine i know

294385[/snapback]

WHERE WE SEPARATED AT BIRTH!!!!!

that is how i feel i want to see it to see brent but i really hate to see a movie staring leonardo dicraprio and yes i spelled it right dicraprio!

301677[/snapback]

DiCraprio! :) Good one! I never liked him too much, either, but he was surprisingly good in "The Gangs of New York". :) I'm waiting for The Aviator to come out on DVD, because I had a hunch that Brent Spiner wouldn't have too much screentime. I barely spotted him in one of the TV ads!