Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Presenting the NFL Hall of Fame class of 2010

The predicted NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2010 could be the largest in history. With so many great players nearing the end of their careers, 2010 could be the year Canton adds a new wing. some of the faces that may be seen in 2010 are listed below

• Jerry Rice
  • Tim Brown
  • Jerome "The Bus" Bettis
  • Emmit Smith
  • Drew Bledsoe
  • Brett Favre

And who knows who else may retire. May we have seen the end of Kurt Warner? of course, NONE of the people on this list have committed to retiring as of yet. Perhaps 2010 may not be the big year, but 2011, or even 2012.

I knew I forgot someone! thanks, VBG. Yeah, word in Packerland is 2 more years for Number 4. Sorry, Bears Fans, you still gotta deal with him for a while yet.

Emmit and Tim have retired, the rest of the list is stickin' around. Jerry Rice may yet retire, but it depends on how things go at Bronco's Camp

I don't know if I'd think of Brown as a first balloter. If Rice plays for 1 snap then he has to wait an additional year, we'll see if he makes it to opening day.

Tim Brown is a quiet kind of reciever, he doesn't talk it up the way many recievers today do, but he certainly has the numbers to make it to the hall. and he is definately a class-act. He has numbers that make TO and Javon Walker cry when they see them. and the guy has never once threatened to hold out. I fear that players like Tim Brown are becoming rarer and rarer these days. This is the age of Terrel Owens, Micheal Vick, Randy Moss, and Warren Sapp. Players who perform well, and want the whole world to know about it. Tim Brown is among the last of a breed of players who go out on Sunday and play, and let their numbers do all the talking. Tim Brown's achievements in the NFL speak louder about his greatness than anything that TO might say about himself.