Sign in to follow this  
trekkergirl220

what if lal came back?

ok, I know this is mostly wishful thinking, because for one, there might not even be another TNG movie (keep your fingers crossed that there is) and two, I don't even know if its possible. I really liked the character lal, (data's daughter,) and thought it might be cool too see her in a movie. I know people have discussed putting Q in a movie, which I support, but I also think it would be cool to have lal as well. I know she had a total systems failure, so this might not work, but didn't Data download her memories into himself, and then into B4. Could they maybe reconstruct her some how with those memories? or maybe Q could have something to do with it. This wouldn't have to be the main plot of the story, I know that would make a pretty boring storyline, especialy for the non-fans, who wouldn't understand, but just a little side part. Then B4 and lal could in a way, work together to learn more about data, and try to be more like him. What are your thoughts on this? I know my plan probably wouldn't work, its just a thought, but just say it did, or the writers found out how to get lal back somehhow, would you even want to see her in a movie, or would you feel like this was taking away from "the offsrping", or is it a just plain old bad idea?

Very creative, but just one problem - memories don't make a person. If they did, then if I knew all you knew, I'd be you! :)

I've allways been fond of the idea that Data's been working on Lal to "resurrect" her, if you will. She's an android, so it's not like she'll decompose. If the next movie features some of the TNG cast, I think having Geordi discover "Lal" hidden in a classified science lab, deep in the bowls of the Enterprise, and discover that Data was just a few steps away from reactivating her, before his untimely death. I think if they were to bring her back, that'd be the best way.

However, using both Lal & B4? That might over-run the story. B)

Also, wasn't Data killed off becuase Brent Spiner's aging and Data doesn't? I liked the way they pulled it off too. Data's dead, but the Soong legacy lives on through B4... and so do Data's memories. I think that's why Picard smiled at the end with the explosion of the TNG theme. He knew that Data wasn't completely gone, that his memory would live on through B4. B)

I would like to see both come back...Data and Lal, both father and daughter still have so much to figure out about their lives, there is still so much for them to explore. I know that Lal suffered cascade failure, but then if B4's origins were to be believed and he is an earlier prototype(before Data and Lore), he too suffered cascade failure, and he is here. So why couldn't Lal come back, and as herself...not as a combination of her uncle and her, or her father and her(those last two ideas are creepy beyond belief in my mind!) ?

If were are going to have Q bring someone back, Why not bring Data back? It would be within his powers.

If Q brought Data back, he'd have to bring everyone else, who died, back to life as well, even Natasha Yar.  See the problem here?  Data is no greater than any one person who served on the Enterprise.

Ahhhhh, he was special. It would be cool to bring Data back. I wish poor Lal could come back too. She will have to face the same problems she faced before. Poor Girl.

If Q brought Data back, he'd have to bring everyone else, who died, back to life as well, even Natasha Yar.  See the problem here?  Data is no greater than any one person who served on the Enterprise.

Ahhhhh, he was special. It would be cool to bring Data back. I wish poor Lal could come back too. She will have to face the same problems she faced before. Poor Girl.

I agree he was most definately special. And so was Lal...she was not even a month old when she died, she was only a baby.

I don't want to make anyone mad here, but Data is gone, and probably also all of the TNG crewmembers. I think we just have to face it, and I think the movies need some "fresh meat".

I we fans would get our way the movies would always be about Data and Picard and the others, and lets just face it, they have to pull it off financially too.. So I say bring us a mixed cast and let us get to know some new great characters!

I don't want to make anyone mad here, but Data is gone, and probably also all of the TNG crewmembers. I think we just have to face it, and I think the movies need some "fresh meat".

I we fans would get our way the movies would always be about Data and Picard and the others, and lets just face it, they have to pull it off financially too.. So I say bring us a mixed cast and let us get to know some new great characters!

Bang on friend, but it it still nice to dream...Of Tasha Yar..oh tasha :rolleyes:

Yeah, Nemesis really felt like an ending to the TNG movies. As for DS9 or VOY? Both shows had the final episode bring the story arc full circle. I think this was done as there were no plans for a movie, although that doesn't mean it can't happen. While a DS9 or VOY movie is certainly possible, I think the most likely case will be a mixed cast of TNG, DS9, and VOY characters. I'm hoping the next movie will be set on the Enterprise-E or possibly at DS9. :rolleyes:

That would be very creative if Lal came back. It would also be COOL if Data-her father could come back. :rolleyes:

That would be very creative if Lal came back.  It would also be COOL if Data-her father could come back. B)

That would be so wonderful