Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Meeting your past and future selves

I was a very rebelious teen, if I was to meet myself in the past I would give myself a good butt kicking!!!!! lol

and if I was to meet my future self ..........well I know I'd better duck and run "she'd " want to kick my butt as well for some stupid things I haven't done yet!!! lol :) :)

The only thing that I regret is the opportunities lost when I was young. I was very shy :)

If I met myself when I was young...I swift kick up the Bum would be sufficient.

Guest johny speed

my only comment on this if time travel was possible there is only one fact I can say no two things can ocupy the same space and time.

so giving your future/past time a gud kick up the bum aint that gud on an idear as it would mean the end of both of you. past present and future.

my only comment on this if time travel was possible there is only one fact I can say no two things can ocupy the same space and time.

so giving your future/past time a gud kick up the bum aint that gud on an idear as it would mean the end of both of you. past present and future.

You've watched too many films...

It is impossible for any matter to share the same space time, nevermind the same matter.

It is impossible for any matter to share the same space time, nevermind the same matter.

You are both wrong. If you encounterred yourself in the past, you would not be sharring the same space time. It would be the same "you" in your time perriod, but not in your exact location, he would be next to you or something. There is no logical reason for nuetral anhylation.

You are both wrong. If you encounterred yourself in the past, you would not be sharring the same space time. It would be the same "you" in your time perriod, but not in your exact location, he would be next to you or something. There is no logical reason for nuetral anhylation.

How did you reach this "interesting" conclusion :)

How did you reach this "interesting" conclusion :)

I came to this conclusion becuase you're sharing the same time perriod, not the same space. If I put two identical blocks in a room, do they cancel each other out becuase they're sharring the same space/time?

Stardate:213427.9

First I agree with Captain Picard on his theory.Remember there is TWO COMPLETELY SEPERATE TIMELINES.Second as far as the anhylation theory goes i believe its that the same matter cant occupy the same space and time so basiclly u couldn't touch for future or past self.I may be wrong but im not sure.I studied very very very basic quantum and temporal mechanics.(Like 10 pages :) )

Stardate:213427.9

Getting back with the original question though.No i dont remeber having any temporal incidents as u described.But then again u got to consider if it happened what if ur future self has a sort of temporal prime directive and has to make sure that no interference of the timeline happens(this is where ur observer comes in)so i would think they would want u not to see him or her so as not to disrubt the timeline.and if u did i imagine they would find a way to erase ur memory.Its a very itriguing question.I myself love the concept of time travel and am planning on studying temporal mechanics more closely.

How did you reach this "interesting" conclusion :lol:

I came to this conclusion becuase you're sharing the same time perriod, not the same space. If I put two identical blocks in a room, do they cancel each other out becuase they're sharring the same space/time?

Two blocks will never be identical, no 2 things are.

Exactly! Your past and future self would not be the same person beyond their genetic and bone structure. Cells die and rebuild themselves. Give your body a few years and through your cells producing and dieing... aside from your nueral tissue, bones, and DNA, you would be a different person, so you would not be "identical". Besides, even of 2 things "were" identical, why would they cancel each other out?

Exactly! Your past and future self would not be the same person beyond their genetic and bone structure. Cells die and rebuild themselves. Give your body a few years and through your cells producing and dieing... aside from your nueral tissue, bones, and DNA, you would be a different person, so you would not be "identical". Besides, even of 2 things "were" identical, why would they cancel each other out?

Well done my friend, you hit the nail just as i expected :bow:

Im not going to state the obvious but this all pure conjecture. Again, let's argue about the orange violets on saturn. Do they bloom in Winter or Summer? Do the pink magpies eat them or pick them to line their nest? Im mad you say? Well i must be! So anyway. Time travel....hmmmm. Now there's an interesting argument. Well here's what happens... no i'm right! Im sorry, but i am!

The only thing that I regret is the opportunities lost when I was young. I was very shy  :waaaa:

If I met myself when I was young...I swift kick up the Bum would be sufficient.

If you had have done that then you wouldnt be the person you are today, and i'm sure you like that person :laugh:

I wouldnt like to change anything i have ever done, cos i like what i have become :laugh:

How did you reach this "interesting" conclusion :waaaa:

Well done my friend, you hit the nail just as i expected :laugh:

Actually, you bone tissue, neural tissue and DNA does get replaced, but it is replaced by the same elements in the same configuration, other than that you got it.

To respond to the initial post...

My past self would love to meet my now self, to see what I'm become.

I would love to meet my past self to tell her what she'd will become.

As for my future self... She'll tell you in a couple of years :-)