Which Did You Think Was Better?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Did You Think Was Better?

• Trekkies
    • Trekkies 2
    • I Haven't Seen Either Of Them
    • I Like Both of Them
    • Don't Like Either

I know this is an old topic to bring up but I was just wondering which of the two you enjoyed more. I liked both of them but I think that the second was better because it had so much more to offer. Here are my reviews and thoughts of the two

Trekkies

This documentary is an excellent look at the Star Trek’s extreme fans, also known as Trekkies. It is a loving and considerate tribute to the fans by giving them their own movie. I don’t know where people got the idea that this was insulting or offensive because it is neither. It is a look into the world of true Trek fans. This movie doesn’t judge or make fun of anyone who is interviewed.

Denise Crosby did an excellent job as the host. Like I said, this movie gives fans and non fans a like a look into the lives of Trekkies, those who live Star Trek. There is a dentist who has his entire office decorated with Star Trek paraphernalia, a radio dj who hosts a radio talk show called “Talk Trek”, and many other people interviewed. There are also interviews with many of our favorite cast members including Leonard Nimoy, Walter Koenig, James Doohan, DeForest Kelley and many others. And clips of behind the scenes of DS9 and Voyager.

The interviews of the cast members are interesting, funny and at other times tear jerkers. And a look at the fans in their interviews are equally intertaining. No one has fans like Star Trek does, and this movie shows that!

Trekkies 2

This movie took the first one, and made it better by 100%! I was absolutely blown away about how much improvement this movie was to the original. For one thing, there was much more variety. This movie visits many different countries, and interviews many different people, and this time shows the world's love for Star Trek. Germany, France, England, Brazil and many other countries are visited. Very interesting to see other countries take on Trek.

It also lets us visit some of our favorite people from the original film and see how they are doing now, seven years after the original film. Another cool aspect of the movie is that we get to see a lot of American Star Trek tribute bands like Warp 11 among others. There are not as many Star Trek stars interviewed in this film as were in the original, but there is enough to keep us happy. Mainly the cast from the television series “Star Trek Enterprise” are interviewed.

I didn’t think this could beat the original film, because I loved the original “Trekkies” but this went above and beyond what the original film was. If you loved the first film, you will love this film 100% more! If you didn’t like the original film, you need to see this, because it is 100% better, trust me.

I liked both of them really.. I thought they were very entertaining..But I liked Trekkies 2 slightly better..I enjoyed the piece about the German fan film with Vulcan Willie and of course you know that I enjoyed seeing my buddies Warp 11..I just wish they were given more screen time..

I thought they where both very good but Trekkies 2 was that little bit better the warp 11 band was a good addition :dude:

I haven't seen either one, but I'm planning on renting the first one from Blockbuster. I was going to last time I went, but it was out, so I got a documentary of marijuana and marijuana laws in the US instead. (You wouldn't believe the ridiculous propaganda film clips in that!) But I definitely will see the first one. If they have the second one, I'll watch that too.

Well, I like them both, but of course, Trekkies 2 was much better then Trekkies. :borgqueen:

:dude:

I didn't like either. I know that the first Trekkies burned a lot of bridges with people involved over the years in Trek (some PTB, actors, behind the scenes talent, etc.) as well as fans. You may have noticed the absence of most of the regular cast members from all of the series (no TOS, no TNG*, 2 DS9, 1 Voy, 3 Ent) from Trekkies 2 compared to Trekkies. I remember reading somewhere that one of the reasons Rod Roddenberry decided to make Trek Nation was because he felt betrayed by Trekkies (as did Majel Barrett Roddenberry). They weren't the only ones.

*I didn't include Denise Crosby since she's hosting it.

I didn't vote because I have seen Trekkies, but not Trekkies 2. I thought Trekkies was okay.

Trekkies was fantastic! Watching it made me the Trekker I am today. :biggrin:

Edited by sea trooper