Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Hiltler: The rise of evil

Did anybody watch this? I guess the conclusion is on tomorrow. I guess it is supposed to be semi-factual. But OMG, the scariest thing I've ever seen was him standing before those crowds of cheering people. I guess it never registered with me that he was popular.

Did anybody watch this?  I guess the conclusion is on tomorrow.  I guess it is supposed to be semi-factual.  But OMG, the scariest thing I've ever seen was him standing before those crowds of cheering people.  I guess it never registered with me that he was popular.

Really? Well, that's how he controlled - through his popularity. That and fear.

I watched it on Sunday, i've read a biograhy on Hitler, a 1,222 page bio. on him, so far it's abit off, but not to much. It's abit over acted, and the cast looks nothing like their real couterparts, they're to "romanticized".

I wanted to watch it but forgot. :innocent: Maybe I'll catch it tonight. I went to the Holocaust musiem(sp?) in DC a while back and it would be cool to learn more about what happened before WW2.

I got to learn what happen, during my trip to Germany in '96 I went to Dachau, Germany's first Concentration camp, unless you've been there you have no idea. You can really feel what happen just by walking around, bonechilling.

I studied the Holocaust in HS. I really wanted to see the mini series but was unable to. Does anyone know what the name of it was, so I can try to download it?

it was amazing. im kind of a history fan and this movie is very good. and the best part is that if anyone discusses it here, you dont need to use spoilers because it has already happened 70 years ago! :)

anyways, i recommend watching this. especially if you love history.

This movie was excellent, I have seen some really aweful historical films, but CBS has a freaky way of adding in excitment to a historical drama.

\/ not a spoiler, it's just a little off-the-topic

Click for Spoiler:

PBS is learning (lol), but not quite learned the ropes, there was just one historical episode they did on PBS that I really enjoyed and that was 'Rome: In the 1st Century'. Must of been because I loved Mythology and Rome History....

Summary of Hitler: Rise of Evil paraphrasing"Evil will be successful if Good Men do Nothing."

I couldn't watch it. i couldnt even look at the face of the actor who played him n the cover of the tv guide.

hes just an actor. lol. and a quite good one at that. robert carlyle has been in some great movies, my favorite being the world is not enough.

but i agree, hitler was terrible (there are no words to describe just how terrible) and he is the root of all evil, but the mini-series was quite good. and it didnt display him as a helpless poor bum, it displayed him as a racist, hating, hurtful man that even his closest followers hated.

it for sure was a hitler-bashing! :devil:

Stardate:213452.9

I thought it was a very good show.Very Disturbing

I liked the storyline with the journalist (played by matthew modine). It seemed to particularly strike me that elimination of free press and speech was one of the tools for tyranny's success. I too thought Robert Carlisle did a good job.

hes just an actor. lol. and a quite good one at that. robert carlyle has been in some great movies, my favorite being the world is not enough.

but i agree, hitler was terrible (there are no words to describe just how terrible) and he is the root of all evil, but the mini-series was quite good. and it didnt display him as a helpless poor bum, it displayed him as a racist, hating, hurtful man that even his closest followers hated.

it for sure was a hitler-bashing!  :devil:

I know it was just an actor, but I just couldn't.