Sign in to follow this  
Spockstellaiter

Funny picture

I had just finished writng a story about how we tried to convince my youngest brother to believe in Santa for one more year, and I came to this thread and saw the Santa tombstone.

I couldn't help myself....I fell out laughing. Part of it was the juxtaposition of what I was just writing ( convincing my brother to believe in Santa ) against a gravemarker with Santa's name on it. Even though the story about my brother took place years ago (he is 44 now) it's like something in the back of my head said "you're too late for your brother.....Santa is gone :waaaa: ."

And there was a cute little mourner......

It's one of those funny but cruel jokes, like the old Mr. Bill jokes on Saturday Night Live. Sometimes cruel humor evokes laughter, but we do not really wish pain on anyone.

I hope the child is alright....I wonder about the adult who set it all up.......

The picture isn't real. Someone made the tombstone, took a picture of it, and added the child later with a photo editing program. The child is out of proportion. Notice that the tombstone area, and the child are of two different resolutions.

Edited by Adm.RegBarclay

The picture isn't real. Someone made the tombstone, took a picture of it, and added the child later with a photo editing program. The child is out of proportion. Notice that the tombstone area, and the child are of two different resolutions.

288263[/snapback]

Yeah, I didn't think the kid was in the orginal pix, besides, he's a little squished. but it's still funny! (and at least that kid didn't have to suffer in that way for our amusement)

288263[/snapback]

Yeah, I didn't think the kid was in the orginal pix, besides, he's a little squished. but it's still funny! (and at least that kid didn't have to suffer in that way for our amusement)

288284[/snapback]

I am glad to hear this. These are not the sort of details I would notice.