Sign in to follow this  
Rivendells_king

Borg and mind melds

I agree thats a very intresting question RK and its got me stumped i dont think i have ever heard of a vulcan trying a mind meld with a borg except the time tuvok joined with 7 of 9 but she was not connected to the hive so i have no idea if its possible :laugh:

It's hard to say... I agree with Jack. Remember when Tuvok tried to fight off the Borg Queen and the collective during Unimatrix?He couldn't fight it off. I don't know what a mind meld would do, but the Borg did have telepathic contact with him...

I think it is possible, but it would perhaps kill the Vulcan because he'd hear too many voices and receive too many thoughts at one time. :frusty:

And what if the Borg drone finds a way to assimilate that Vulcan via telepathy? :look:

I would think not unless it was a drone like 7 of 9, disconnected from the hive. Otherwise as was said above, it would probably kill the vulcan.

Could a vulcan do a mind meld with a borg drone?

284338[/snapback]

Probably but as was mentioned it could become quite hairy for the Vulcan performing it, I'd like to see it done someday...

I think that it would be possible. I am not sure if the Vulcan would simply be able to "access" the individual mind as it existed before assimilation or the hive mind though. If it were the hive mind I am sure that it would drive the Vulcan mad.