Sign in to follow this  

Harry Potter and POA Questions

Why was the prisoner and the dark arts teacher wanting to kill Harry Potter? They said to Harry thats not the reason and I didnt hear their reason.

Why would Harry be so quick to change his attitude toward the prisoner (the God Father)? He wanted to kill him and he wanted to kill him then they wanted to live with each other???

I thought I heard the Godfather say "lets kill him I have suffered too much" something like that.

To be honest it takes me a while to read books because I am still on the Lord of the Rings and a few other books. I hope to get to Harry Potter as soon as I can.

Thanks,

BAC

It's been a while since I read POA, 12......... But I think that Valdemort will be able to come back if Harry is dead. As long as Harry is alive he poses some sort of threat to he whose name can't be name. :unsure: But I could be wrong. I haven't seen the movie yet, I plan to soon since now it's out on DVD. The movies are always a bit different than the books. :assimilated:

Lupin and Serius weren't talking about killing Harry. They were talking about Peter (aka Scabbers, Ron's rat). Peter is the one who betrayed Harry's parents but Serius got blamed for it.

ST, wasn't Scabbers actually a person? I know he was a rat, but he was a person that transformed himself into a rat, right? Poor Scabbers :assimilated: OH, hey, let me ask you this question while we are on the subject. What was Harry's owl's name??

OH, hey, let me ask you this question while we are on the subject. What was Harry's owl's name??

283772[/snapback]

Even though it has been such a long time since I've delved into Potterism (frankly, I thought that it got too commercialized after the WB bought it..), I can recall a few details from when I used to be an extreme Potterist...

Her name was Hedwig, and she was a snowy owl. :assimilated:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

post-812-1101496804.gif

Edited by DrWho42

Yea, Doc, thanks. I watched the first movie again a few weeks ago and they never mentioned her name once. Considering what a big part she was in the first book, I was quite surprised how minor she was in the first movie.

ST, wasn't Scabbers actually a person? I know he was a rat, but he was a person that transformed himself into a rat, right? Poor Scabbers :assimilated: 

283772[/snapback]

Scabbers was actually Peter Pettygrew, an old friend of Lupin, Potter and Black. (The four of them were Animagus: wizards who can change into animals.) He was made secret-keeper of the Potter's location but sold them out to the Dark Lord Voldemort. Voldemort killed his parents but when he tried to kill Harry his spell backfired on him. Pettygrew, who thought he had chosen the winning side suddenly found himself on the loosing side. He faked his death by confronting Sirius, attacking him and killing a lot of innocent people. Sirius was blamed for this but because everybody thought Pettygrew was dead while in fact he transformed into an rat.

Kaileron is right. That was... 12 years before.

I want to read the book again, but I'll have to add it to the long list of books to read.

I want to read the book again, but I'll have to add it to the long list of books to read.

283811[/snapback]

Actually, thirtheen years ago :laugh:

But you are right. There are more pressing matters such as the NJO-series :waaaa:

I highly recommend that no one watch these stupid movies ... they are really quite bad and an insult to the original material.

I'd love to post your comment out on the HP message boards so those silly people out there would realize that The Prisoner of Azkaban movie was just plain awful ... no one who has not read the books would understand a thing about what is happening on the screen. And people who have read and love the books should be incensed at what they have done to the material on the big screen.

It doesn't make any sense on screen why Harry all of sudden decides not to kill Sirius or to believe Sirius ... nothing was explained appropriately at the expense of added material and extended scenes to showcase Alphonso Cuaron's highly subjective take on Hogwarts and wizard-world special effects in general.

Heap bad joo-joo is what I say.

I highly recommend that no one watch these stupid movies ... they are really quite bad and an insult to the original material. 

I'd love to post your comment out on the HP message boards so those silly people out there would realize that The Prisoner of Azkaban movie was just plain awful ... no one who has not read the books would understand a thing about what is happening on the screen.  And people who have read and love the books should be incensed at what they have done to the material on the big screen.

It doesn't make any sense on screen why Harry all of sudden decides not to kill Sirius or to believe Sirius ... nothing was explained appropriately at the expense of added material and extended scenes to showcase Alphonso Cuaron's highly subjective take on Hogwarts and wizard-world special effects in general.

284093[/snapback]

Altough I agree with you that HP3 was a gross insult to the HP books (like most movies are) I believe the first two werent that bad. In fact, the thing that make me interested in the Potterbooks was the first movie. Being sceptical thinking it was just a kiddie movie I simply loved the first movie. When I saw the 2nd I realised there wasnt much interesting about the first but still I liked both of them. Then I read the books and that the storyline in the movie differs so much from the books I find insulting. :laugh:

283811[/snapback]

Actually, thirtheen years ago B)

But you are right. There are more pressing matters such as the NJO-series B)

284059[/snapback]

13 B)

And yes, the NJOs are the majority of that long long list. :wink2:

I highly recommend that no one watch these stupid movies ... 

Too late B)

I'd love to post your comment out on the HP message boards so those silly people out there would realize that The Prisoner of Azkaban movie was just plain awful ... no one who has not read the books would understand a thing about what is happening on the screen.  And people who have read and love the books should be incensed at what they have done to the material on the big screen.

284093[/snapback]

I totally agree, except the part where the first two movies were bad, I loved those, and I loved all the books, especially Azkaban, but the movie sucked eggs. I can't believe I skipped school to see it opening day. But hey, I thought it would be good. I didn't even rent it when it came to my store and I told all the other employees that it sucked eggs. My brother says he loved it and it was the best darkes movie but I highly doubt he read the book. I'm sure he'll see it in a new light if he read it. And hopefully Goblet will be better since it has an almost unruinable story and a new director. Hale-lugia!

Well since I didn't read the Books I liked all 3 films thus far the third being abit darker and scarier than number 2 but was also fun was when Hermione punched Malvoy in the Nose for being such a Jerk in the first 2 films ("and the Time amulet that Hermione had used as well")that also saved BuckBeak from being killed.

B) B) B) B)

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
In the book Hermione slapped Draco B) I actually thought it was funnier.