Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

[S] "The Expanse" PRE/POST THREAD

What a great episode! How will I manage to survive until next season? It felt like only 20 minutes had passed, but then the episode was over.. One of the best so far!

Click for Spoiler:

I really liked the development of Trips character (well, not liked in that way, but it's very interesting). It's going to be fun watching were this all ends, will they let thoughts of revenge control their actions, or? Also the battlescenes with the Klingons were great!

I rate it a 9.5/10

Click for Spoiler:

I actually had a bit of the opposite reaction. There would be Anger, yes but it all seemed so forced. I hope they don't make him the "angry tortured soul" from here on out.

Click for Spoiler:

I did love the battle sceen at the end, but again I don't want to see the Klingons chasing Archer from here to season 7.

Click for Spoiler:

that episode had a real wrath of kahn feel. ships without weapons locking, lots of clouds blocking view, and a bad guy bent on revenge. it was good stuff.

Now my night is going to be so long. I am so excited to see this episode but I have to wait five more hours till I get off work..But I know that it is downloading on my computer at home and will be waiting when I get there.

HOLY CRAP! 10/10! YES IT DID SEEM LIKE ONLY MINUTES PASSED AND IT WAS OVER, BUT ISNT THAT HOW ALL TREK IS??? I LOVE THIS EPISODE!

Click for Spoiler:

suliban, klingons, photon torpedos...this episode had everything. poor trip. he must want revenge on those damn attackers. why must i have to wait 6 months for both enterprise AND the matrix: revolutions??? why??? i was worried about this war type thing but if its this good the whole series then my worries were misguided. i cannot wait. and durass died!!! HAHAHAH  :devil:  :) !!!

well, thats it. cant wait til next season.

Definetly agree

YES! This is great television!!

Click for Spoiler:

What a fast-paced, exciting episode! The photon torpedo's owned, the battle scenes were great, they were pretty much movie quality as far as entertaintment value goes. I liked Trip's anger and T'Pol's decision in regards to obeying or disobeying the high command. The special effecs were solid. Also, the last minute rescue by the Star Fleet ships in the initial Klingon attack was just plain fun to watch. This is probably the most exciting cliff-hanger since Descent (I didn't watch DS9 in it's first run so those cliff-hangers don't count). Now for 4 months of waiting...

10/10

// wipes sweat from the brow

Season 3!! Season 3!! Season 3!! Ok .... I'll stop now:

Click for Spoiler:

Wow...what a good episode. It had everything...emotion, action, and drama! Oops...guess the Klingons didn't anticipate upgrades to the weapons/hull plating :) It seems that earth vessels can pose quite a threat to Klingons. Nice save there when Enterprise reached Earth. It wasn't looking good for a second. So...the NX-02 is only 14 months away from completion?? Does anyone venture to say that we will be seeing some of it in the future (seasons to come that is). I hope this doesn't mean NX-01 is going to bite the dust anytime soon. Hopefully she will last all of the seasons.

So Mr. Shadow has other intentions for the humans. Interesting. Glad to see him/her make his/her cameo again.

Now.... on to the Delphic Expanse in 4 months!!

Overall.........9.5/10. Just because it flew by so fast!

What a fantastic episode!! It is going to be so difficult to wait until season 3. If this is a taste of the "new direction" for Enterprise we are in for one helluva great ride!!!

Click for Spoiler:

I loved the battle scenes with the Klingons especially with Duras' ship being destroyed. Having the Suliban make an appearance with Future Guy helping - makes ya wonder what he's planning. I thought T'Pol wanting to stay on Enterprise was great, Phlox too. It will be interesting to see how much of the edge Trip will still have when this arc is finished. That Mayweather is a heckuva of a helmsman isn't he. That was one nice manouever to get behind Duras' ship.

I definitely give this a 9.5

that was even better the second time around, I CANT WAIT FOR SEASON 3. and for all you doubters out there, like i said wait till you see it before you judge it. if its gonna be like this for season 3 i wish it was tomorrow. :martok: :angry:

Just downloaded it, Just watched it

and I got only one word

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

The acting was spot on, the story, SFX, Sound, Everything AWSOME!!!!!

More Gimme More. I don't know if I can go cold turkey till Season 3 "I need my Enterprise fix NOW!!!!"

love this new smilie

:martok:

I loved it !!!

Click for Spoiler:

I love the Ep it's 10 out of 10 in my book. The fire fight in the Nebula reminded me of STTWK and that's tops . I loved seeing some older Star Fleet ships also. Duras may be dead but apparently he had children before he died too plague the ST universe in the future.

First of all, I thought Regeneration was great too. But, there should be no more borg ENT episodes because T'pol said that the message the Borg sent would take a long time to get to the Delta Quad.

Anyway...Expanse...

It was by far the most intense episode so far. This whole season has been very good. I cant wait until the next season. I'm glad that they ended it with them crossing into the Expanse, and of course, the photon torpedoes were cool too. Next season, they enter, leaving us to wonder WHAT THE HECK COMES NEXT??????????

I'd give Regeneration and the Expanse both 9's. In my opinion, the pilot was the best episode, and I gave it a 10....then....Now, it becomes an 8. We'll leave the 10 open for future kick @$$ episodes.

Good to be back...

8247 :martok:

Glad to see you back, 8247!

Click for Spoiler:

It was great! I was shocked that the probe was the very first thing they showed and all the deaths...... :martok:

Poor Trip. It will be interesting to see how his grief continues to affect him. Boy that Duras was almost as obsessed as a Soong sister! Glad he got his Butt handed to him by Maywhether! I love that manuver!

To:Admiral Kirk

Star Trek V was a poor guide by anyone's standards. You can not believe anything that the movie tried to convy. And I think you know why. The movie was a complete shambles. It should never have been released to theaters. :angry: :D

So, tonight's episode may have one flaw-weapons. At least, it was not as bad as Star Trek V.

This episode"Espanse" was good overall but I have a problem with the Vulcans sticking their noses into things which do not concern them. I also had a problem with the Klingons showing up. They were trying to hender the crew's plans. They also could not accept the fact that Capt. Archer got away twice. This really hurt their egos. hehehe :P :laugh::laugh::hand::martok: HAHA

I loved this episode! 10/10

Click for Spoiler:

The damage to Earth was a lot less than I thought it would be. Still, that was one major attack! Imagine if they send a full blown Warship! I also found it currious that Future Guy wants to help stop the Xindi... even if it means helping the humans. Hmm... Seeing those 3 little Starfleet ships go after Durras's ship was excellent. Man oh man, Trip lost his sister! I have 2 sisters, so I know just how he feels. I didn't think about it, but you're right! The battle at the end was like the one from ST-II:TWOK. Also, the show is showing great continuity and story arcs. Excellent episode.

Here's a question: Did it say "To Be Continued..." at the end? I believe I read this was more of a "new direction" episode than it was a cliffhanger.

I loved this episode!  10/10

Click for Spoiler:

The damage to Earth was a lot less than I thought it would be.  Still, that was one major attack!  Imagine if they send a full blown Warship!  I also found it currious that Future Guy wants to help stop the Xindi...  even if it means helping the humans.  Hmm...  Seeing those 3 little Starfleet ships go after Durras's ship was excellent.  Man oh man, Trip lost his sister!  I have 2 sisters, so I know just how he feels.  I didn't think about it, but you're right!  The battle at the end was like the one from ST-II:TWOK.  Also, the show is showing great continuity and story arcs.  Excellent episode.

Here's a question: Did it say "To Be Continued..." at the end?  I believe I read this was more of a "new direction" episode than it was a cliffhanger.

Click for Spoiler:

It did not say to be continued but a lot of the arcs in Deep Space didn't either, even though they were obvious continuations.

Click for Spoiler:

The damage to Earth was a lot less than I thought it would be.  Still, that was one major attack!  Imagine if they send a full blown Warship!  I also found it currious that Future Guy wants to help stop the Xindi...  even if it means helping the humans.  Hmm...  Seeing those 3 little Starfleet ships go after Durras's ship was excellent.  Man oh man, Trip lost his sister!  I have 2 sisters, so I know just how he feels.  I didn't think about it, but you're right!  The battle at the end was like the one from ST-II:TWOK.  Also, the show is showing great continuity and story arcs.  Excellent episode.

Here's a question: Did it say "To Be Continued..." at the end?  I believe I read this was more of a "new direction" episode than it was a cliffhanger.

Click for Spoiler:

It did not say to be continued but a lot of the arcs in Deep Space didn't either, even though they were obvious continuations.

Well, I only consider an episode to be a cliffhander if it says "To Be Continued..." or if it's part 1 of 2. :martok:

Expanse was fantastic. Some life needed to be put into Enterprise. It's a good series, in my opinion, but there was just something lacking. All that seems to be taken care of now. This episode also marked the first time Photon Torpedos were used in the Trek timeline.

I also remember reading somewhere that T'Pol was going to don a new uniform next season...wonder what that will entail? I know i'm looking forward to the next season for SO many reasons..as i'm sure everyone else is as well.

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

Well, I only consider an episode to be a cliffhander if it says "To Be Continued..." or if it's part 1 of 2. :martok:

I can see your point, but if the next episode continues from where The Expanse left off, then I consider myself cliff hanged :angry:

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

cliffhanger

SYLLABICATION: cliff·hang·er

PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: klfhngr KEY

NOUN: 1. A melodramatic serial in which each episode ends in suspense.

2. A suspenseful situation occurring at the end of a chapter, scene, or episode.

3. A contest so closely matched that the outcome is uncertain until the end.

OTHER FORMS: cliffhanging —ADJECTIVE

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dicti...5/c0405500.html

I think it was a semi-cliffhanger, because we all want to know what happens next and it's going to kill us waiting till the next season. I know I kept looking at the clock saying, "Oh no it's 20:55 they can't end it now".

I loved Expanse!

Reed not only has his "Reed Alert" (as we refer to it--and on every other Trek rerun) But now he has PHOTON TORPEDOES !!! Now the boy can really do some damage. Bring on the Klingons, Suliban, and every other bad guy in the galaxy!

I thought it was a cool episode, the only thing I wished happened was that it was another hour or so longer so it could focus on the aftermath of what happened on Earth. But other then that a perfect episode.