Sign in to follow this  
Christiantrekfan

Here's the story mentioned in "A Question"

Okay, I don't have time to post the whole story, but I'll type more and post when I can. If you want to make a comment on the story, go to the "A Question" thread on this board, where I first asked if ya'll wanted to read my friend's story. Here's the first part.

Oh, and just so you know, it's not the best writing in the world, but we do our best.(Yes, I have some stories too! :nono:) Besides, you got to give her a break-she was only in sixth grade when she wrote this last year.

Chapter 1

It was a normal day on the "Enterprise" as it cruised through space on route to it's next mission. It was only a routine mission, so the ship was not traveling especially fast.

Wesley Crusher sat at his post at the helm on the bridge of the "Enterpirise", bored, when Worf spoke up.

"Sir," he said,"our sensors are picking uo a strange ship."

Picard looked up at Worf,"What kind of ship?"

"Unknown sir. It does not appear to be dangerous though."

"Mmm," Picard said. "Are we close enough for a visual?"

"Yes sir"

"Put it on screen."

"Aye sir."

On the viewscreen, a medium-sized, dark gray ship appeard. Indeed in did not look dangerous, but there was an air about it, somthing that made a person not waht to go near it...

Wesley wasn't bored any more. He stared intently at the screen, waiting to seee what would happen.

"Mr. Worf, open a channel," the captain said.

After waiting a moment, Picard said,"This is Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Federation starship 'Enterprise.' Please indentify yourself."

The view of the strange ship switched to that of it's bridge. This bridge was darker than the one they were on, and in the middle of it stood a tall, rather frightening man with black hair.

"I am Captain Alan. This my ship. We are pirates, and that is all that you need to know."

Picard blinked at the surprising reply to his hail, but quickly recovered and said sharply,"What are you doing in this section of space."

"What do you think I'm doing?" Alan said, as if it were the most obvious question in the world. "We are doing precisely what pirates are known to do, of course. Now, you will not be able to detect them, but my ship has very strong, advanced sheilds that will prevent you from scanning us. Also, aboard my ship I have weapons thatare capable of blowing your starship apart in seconds, so you'd bets do what I say. Hand over any cargo on your ship that is of value, and I will leave you alone. Otherwise I'll fire. You have two hours."

Picard started to protest, but pirate severed the link. The captain sighed and looked over at Counselor Troi.

"Somehow, what he said about his sheilds and weapons didn't seem true. What were you reading from him?"

"Just what you were thinking. He was lying. Other than that he is confident, arrogant, and is sure that we will do what he wants," Deanna answered.

"Then we'll have to show him that he's wrong. Mr.Worf, hail the pirate ship. Tell captain Alan that we will not be giving him anything."

"Aye sir."

After a few seconds the Klingon spoke up again. "No response," he said.

Picard turned to look up at Worf, "None?"

"That's weird," Wesley said from the front of the bridge. Beverly Crusher, who happened to be on the bridge at that time, shot her son a silencing look while the captain turned to look at him.

"I would appreciate it, Mr.Crusher, if you would be quiet," he said, rather more harshly than he had wanted to.

Wesley shrank back. "Yes sir," he said meekly. The boy turned quietly back to board, obviously hurt.

Picard turned back to Worf. "You're certain they haven't responded?"

"Yes sir."

Suddenly, Picard heard a familiar, yet strange whine coming from the front of the bridge. He whirled around, as did everyone else, in time to see a curtain of purlpe, sparkling light envelope Wes. It was a transporter beam.

"Wesley!" Picard cried in alarm, jumping to his feet.

Is this an RPG? Are you inviting other writiers to join in your story? :angry: It sounds like a very interesting story. :frusty: :yes:

Thanks, and I'm glad you like it so far, but I'm sorry, no. The story has already been written by my friend, and I'm posting it here for her.

Oh, I'm sort of new here, and I'm wondering...what's an RPG?

I do have some ideas of my own that I might here though, and invite other writers to help with.

On with the story: :frusty:

Riker jumped up out of his seat as well, and Beverly gasped. Data, sitting at Ops, lunged out of his chair toward Wes, but missed him as the transporter beam dissapeared. The android hit the floor beside his friend's chair witha thump, and sat up looking rather disapointed that he had not succeded.

Riker sighed,"Correction Mr.Worf, they just responded."

Chapter 2

Beverly froze, staring at the empty chair. Slowly, she sank into the small seat next to Troi. As the rest of the bridge attempted to calm down, Picard moved to her side.

"He'll be all right Beverly," the captain said calmly, but looking a little worried. "We'll get him back."

The doctor looked up at him."Thank you," she said softly. Picard nodded and crossed back to his chair. He sat down stiffly.

Wesley Crusher yelped in surprise when the "Enterprise" bridge suddenly began to dissolve, and he realized he was being transported. Since he had been sitting, once he materialized in the transporter room of what was obviously the pirate ship, he promtly crashed to the floor.

"Ow," he said, winceing slightly as he stood. He scanned the room; it was mostly dark and he couldn't see much.

Suddenly a lone figure pounced out of the shadows and launced itself at Wesley. The young ensign's eyes widened and he tried to back away, but before he could make a move the man had him. The pirate held him in place tightly, but Wes started to struggle.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

The voice had not come from the man holding him. Wesley stopped and looked up to see the pirate captain approaching from another dark corner.

"What's going on?" Wesley demanded angrily. "Why did you transport me off the ship?"

Alan shrugged,"Well, I've got to find 'some' way to get what I want, don't I? Otherwise I wouldn't be a pirate." Then he motioned to the man behind Wesley, and he began to push Wesley out the door and inot the corridor of the strange ship.

"But-!" the boy began, then stopped. What's the use? he thought. Protesting won't help me. I've got to find some other way out of here. Wes sighed. This is great, just great...

Thanks, and I'm glad you like it so far, but I'm sorry, no. The story has already been written by my friend, and I'm posting it here for her.

Oh, I'm sort of new here, and I'm wondering...what's an RPG?

I do have some ideas of my own that I might here though, and invite other writers to help with.

282459[/snapback]

An RPG is a Role Playing Game. Sort of like a Sim, Simulation. But I have Simmed and when you do it in a thread this way it's not a True Sim, it's more like 'Group Writing' or 'Team Writing' or just plain StoryTelling. I am looking for people also to write in a story I have in mind. PM me and we can talk about your ideas and mine. You just have to click on PM at the bottom of this post. A PM is a Personal Message.

On with chp 2! :frusty:

The pirates Wesley to a small, empty room. A small viewscreen about three foot square was the it's only feature. The man who had ambushed Wes when he had first been beamed aboard was still behind him, holding his arms behind his back. The man now positioned himself and Wesley in front of the screen, but several feet back. Captain Alan moved to a panel beside the viewcreen and tapped a few controls. Wesley realized that he must be hailing the "Enterprise", and simply stood there, waiting to see what would happen next.

On the quiet "Enterprise" bridge, Lt.Worf's voice was like a shockwave as it broke the tense silence.

"Captain, the ship is hailing us."

"On screen"

The feild of stars on the viewscreen were abrubtly replaced not by the pirate ship's bridge, but by another room. The pirate captain was standing there in it, and beside and just behind him was another man, holding Wesley. He was trying to hide it, but the boy looked scared; the stripes of color on his shirt moved up and down quickly with his rapid breathing.

Alan was clearly agitated. "Why do you hesitate to hand over what you have?! If you will, I'll give the boy back, and we can both be on our way. Can't you do that one simple thing?"

"No," Picard said tightly. "I can't. I would rather work this out rationally."

"I will 'not' work this out 'rationally,'" the pirate spat at Picard. "And I will not be satisfied until I get what I want."

"That is not going to happen," Picard said, allowing a bit of anger to creep into his voice.

"Yes, yes, so you've said." Then, in a tone that did not sound the least bit sorry, Alan said, "Well, sorry to have to take such drastic measures, but-"

The pirate cut off his sentance. He spun around, and to everyone's astonishment, punched Wesley hard in the stomach. The occupants of the bridge gave a collective gasp, and Picard, Riker, and Crusher shot to their feet in unison.

Wesley yelped in pain from the blow.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Picard said angrily.

But the pirate ignored him. Alan punched Wesley again, harder this time. Wesley yelled, and he went down onto his knees when the other man, as if on cue, let go of him and backed off. The pirate captain kicked Wes several times in a row, forcing the boy all the way to the floor. He lay on his side, unable to get up as Alan continued to kick him in the stomach mercilessly. He did his best to block the kicks, but it didn't help, and he ended up only getting his arms hurt. Soon his stomach was so bruised that Wesley was screaming in pain. But the pirate would not stop.

By then the bridge was a deafening flurry of noise. Nearly everyone had gotten to their feet and was yelling at the the pirate to leave Wes alone. Even Data, ever trying to be more human, had joined in.

Picard was too upset, angry, and worried to quiet them down, not that it would have done much good. A rather loud scream broke throught the noise and pierced his worried thoughts, and he watched in horror as Captain Alan kicked Wesley again, and heard the boy sream yet again, his voice broken with sobs of pain.

But then a different sound from his left distracted him, and he turned to see Beverly weeping as well. "Wesley!" she cried. Picard steped over to her and put a comforting arm around her shoulders, not knowing whatelse to do. Deanna also tried to console the doctor, but it didn't help.

Despite the Starfleet Officers' protests, the pirate only stopped kicking his victim when he grew tired from the constant motion. Then he and the other man pulled Wesley to his feet, causing him to moan loudly. Alan left the other pirate holding the ensign up, walked over to the screen, and severed the link with the "Enterprise."

I don't like that part! :frusty:

(Chapter three to be posted tommorrow. I gotta go watch Star Trek now.)

Sorry I haven't posted any more of this story the past couple of days. I've been busy, but I'm not now, so here comes the first part of chp 3!

Chapter 3

By the time the pirates reached thier ship's brig with him, Wesley was gasping in pain from the effort it took just to walk. His stomach had been left extremely sore, and nearly any movement caused pain, not to mention walking. The men shoved him into one of the cells, clicked on the force-feild door, and left. Wesley made his way slowly to the bench that was on one side of the tiny room.

"Great," he said aloud to himself. "Now what?" The boy sighed, but then winced. "Well, I guess I should look around." He really didn't think that would help much, but it wouldn't hurt to try, to see if there was any way out. Wait a minute, no, it would hurt, hurt him physically. He could barely stand, much less walk around the cell looking for a way to escape. Scratch that idea, he thought.

Wes leaned back against the wall, in an effort to find a position that would ease the throbbing pain in his middle. He tried taking a few deep breaths too, but they ended up shaking.

The bridge of the "Enterprise" was calm again, except for Beverly. The doctor finally stopped crying, and Picard looked at her, concern etched on his face.

"Will you be all right?"

She nodded."I guess so, but, what about Wesley? Now he's injured!"

"He'll be fine," Picard said. "We 'will' get him out of there, and soon."

Beverly nodded again and sat down. She wanted to believe that, butwasn't completely convinced that it was possible. The captain moved back to his seat, hoping that they would be able to rescue the boy soon, not only for his sake, but for his mother's as well.

But an hour later, it still hadn't happened. They had thought of everything, trying to come up with a non-violent way to get him out of there. Picard had tried negotiating with Alan, but the pirate would have none of it. Finally, after the image of the pirate captain once again disapeared from the screen, Picard turned to Worf at his Tactical Station.

"Mr. Worf, do they have thier sheilds up?"

The Klingon glanced down at his board, then back up. "No sir, they do not."

"Pretty confident in themselves, aren't they?" Riker said. "Without their sheilds up, we could just beam him back. If we were dumb enough to try and pull that off, that is."

"No Number One," Picard said. "It's not 'dumb', and that's exactly what we're going to do."

"But Captain, is that safe?"

"It's the only choice we have right now, so it will have to be." Picard tapped the intercom button on the arm of his chair. "Cheif O'Brien?"

"Sir?" the transporter chief's voice fltered up to the bridge.

"The pirate ship does not have it's sheilds up. Can you lock on to Mr. Crusher and beam him back here safely?"

"I should be able to sir."

"Then make it so,"

"Yes sir!"

Yikes! :dude: Gosh guys, I'm sooo sorry I forgot to finish posting this story. I've just been so busy, what with school and Christmas Vacation coming up. Anyway, I'll start to post the rest of it now. I hope you enjoy it! :dude:

Beverly fidgeted in her seat, hopeful, but her jeary sank a few seconds later, when O'Briens voice spoke again.

"I'm sorry, Captain," the Chief said. "I wasn't able to lock on to him, and now they've put their shields up."

Worf spoke next,"Captain, the ship is hailing us."

"On screen," Picard said, hoping that this coversation would go better than the first one. That is, if trying to stop Alan from brutally tourturing a helpless Wesley Crusher could be called a conversation.

The view of stars on the screen instanlt changed to that of the same small room as before, except this time Alan was the only person there. And the pirate captain was obviously very annoyed.

"Your attempt to transport the boy out did notgo unnoticed," he said angrily. It was then that another man entered the room, pushing Wesley in front of him. The man made a bee-line for his captain, and as he hearded his charge toward him, the bridge of the "Enterprise" tensed, most of realizing what Alan intended to do.

"No!" Beverly whispered fiercly, tears forming in her eyes.

"Not again!" Riker groaned softly.

Deanna put a hand on Crusher's arm,"Oh no."

Picard only stared, dread pulling at him until he wished he could disapear as the angry pirate continued to talk.

Very interesting story. I'm looking forward to reading more of it. :dude:

Thanks Indy, I'll tell my friend who wrote it that. :dude: Oh, and here's some more:

"And since you have obviously discovered that I was lying about my weapons," the pirate continued. "And that our firing on you would be useless, I will simply have to retaliate another way. Maybe this will show you that I mean business."

As Alan had spoken, the other man had continued to push Wesley across the room, but, still exausted, Wes buckled and fell several feet short. The problem with that was that now his hands were tied behind his back, and getting up again was difficult. When the pirate finished his short speech he turned, expecting Wesley to be right behind him, but instead saw him an the floor, trying to stand, and the other man making no effort whatsoever to help him. Angrily Alan closed the distance betwee them and began to kick the boy. Wesley, who had struggled about halfway up, went down again, screaming in pain.

Again the bridge erupted into yelling, and most of them shot to thier feet. The next severaly minutes were a repeat of the hour before, only this time it was worse.

The pirate was much more agressive with him this time, and with his arms rendered mostly imoble, Wesley couldn't even try to block the kicks. This time Wesley's screams of pain were louder, and worse. This upset Dr. Crusher evn more so, and Picard and Deanna again had to work to comfort her.

Soon the sounds coming from the room on the pirate ship changed. Between the blows, trembling breaths, and sobs, Wesley had reverted from only screaming to pleading with the pirate to stop.

"No! Don't!-" Wesley shreiked desperatly, his last word cut off by the impact of another kick and the yell of pain he released. Then Alan struck again, and Wes screamed at the top of his lungs in pain.

The captain of the "Enterprise" could take no more of this.

"Stop it!" Picard yelled as loud as he could, his anger helping his voice to rise above the rest of the noise in the room. As soon as he yelled, everyone on the bridge fell silent, staring at their captain. "Stop it!" Picard said again. "Leave that boy alone!"

Surprisingly, the pirate stopped and looked at Picard, leaving Wesley sobbing on the floor. Picard stepped away from Beverly and Deanna and closer to the viewscreen.

"I cannot believe you!" Picard said, barely containing his rage, but managing to somehow. "What do you thinm you're doing doing this to him?" He motioned toward the trembling form of the boy on the deck of the pirate ship.

Alan shrugged. "It's your fault. If you had cooporated in the first place he wouldn't even be over here. I'm only to whatever measures I must to get what I want."

Thanks, startrekidiot, I am sure that my friend will be pleased to hear that. :elephant: Oh, and by the way, I love your screenname! It's so funny! And here's some more of the story for you! :clap:

Chapter 4

The screen abruptly changed back to stars, and Picard went back to Beverly, but did not have time to say anything before Worf broke the silence that had settled over the bridge.

"Captain, apparently Alan did not think that he needed shields up while he...." the Kilngon hesitated, which was unusual for him. "Was doing what he was," he finished. "Their shields are down."

Immediatly Picard stepped over to his chair and hit the intercam button. He quickly asked Chief O'Brien to try it again. Dr.Crusher, in the meantime, dried her tears and held her breath, hoping they would be able to get her son out of there this time.

"They have raised shields," Worf said after a moment. "The beam-out was unsuccessful."

"Oh no," Beverly muttered in dismay.

"Are they hailing us?"the captain asked, begginning to worry.

"No sir."

Picard sighed. "Good."

"They are powering up weapons!" Worf said suddenly.

A small point of light flew across the viewscreen. The "Enterprise" shuddered slightly.

Over on the pirate ship, the two men hauled Wesley to his feet, the boy yelling pain from his bruised stomach. They all but had to carry him back to the brig, and when they arrived they dumped him there and left.

Too weak to stay standing, Wesley collapsed.

I like the story christiantrekfan I look in ur thread before lookin at the story.

Lizzy S

You are welcome christiantrekfan I hope there will be more different stories to be on this thread of urs I will try to check it and read it too when u put another one here.

:hug:

Lizzy S

Edited by Deanna Troi Fan Lizzy