Sign in to follow this  
unitmonster

Nemesis and Wesley Crusher

So, the last time we saw Wesley Crusher :) , didn't he go off on some metaphysical journey with the traveler to explore the universe, like some kind of supergifted being who could stop time and travel to other galaxies with the power of his mind? So what happened? Did he just happen to hear about Riker and Troi's wedding and materialize for the reception or something? I guess getting into his story would have been a little excessive to go into in Nemesis. Not that I really liked Wesley much anyway, but I would like to know what happened to him. Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic?

A lot of time has passed since Wes left with the Traveller. You may have noticed that Wes was wearing a dress uniform. In the novelization of Nemesis it says that Wes is now a lieutenant and will be serving on the Titan with Riker. I believe the explanation of Wes' presence was also explained in the part of the receptoin scene that was deleted.

when i first saw the nemesis teaser trailer a long time ago i thought wesley WAS shinzon. i thought maybe wes went crazy and wanted to destroy the federation.

when i first saw the nemesis teaser trailer a long time ago i thought wesley WAS shinzon. i thought maybe wes went crazy and wanted to destroy the federation.

Hmm... Bring back a departed character who wants to kill everyone. Kes all over again. Does that mean that Wesley would remember himself and hug Picard in the end? :)

Hmm... Bring back a departed character who wants to kill everyone. Kes all over again. Does that mean that Wesley would remember himself and hug Picard in the end? :)

OH, someone do me a huge favor! PLEASE. I didn't watch Voyager much toward the end. I've seen several msgs re: Kes coming back and wanting to kill, etc. Someone PM me with a synopsis or put it in a spoiler, eh? I'd go to ST.com, but it's different when you get a real person's POV. THANK YOU!

haha. i had just thought that shinzon looked the wesley so i was like "holy crap! hes evil now. that stupid traveler!" haha.

Hmm... Bring back a departed character who wants to kill everyone. Kes all over again. Does that mean that Wesley would remember himself and hug Picard in the end? :martok:

lol :angry:

I had never noticed Wesley until you mentioned it and I went back to check the copy I have on my computer.

I actually like little Wes Crusher. It's too bad that his scene('s) didn't even make the deleted scenes on the DVD. I hope they put out a double disc with even more deleted scenes some day.

I had never noticed Wesley until you mentioned it and I went back to check the copy I have on my computer.

When I saw it in the theaters I never saw him either! and then later my dad and I were talking about it and he to told me he was in at the very beginng. Then I saw it on dvd, and I forgot to look So then I had to see it again, and paid really close attention. You only see him for like 3 seconds. thank god! :andorian:

A lot of time has passed since Wes left with the Traveller.  You may have noticed that Wes was wearing a dress uniform.  In the novelization of Nemesis it says that Wes is now a lieutenant and will be serving on the Titan with Riker.  I believe the explanation of Wes' presence was also explained in the part of the receptoin scene that was deleted.

Oh, really? I need to read that. Wow, I have this huge list of things to read. *sigh*

But there was supposed to be a scene that explained Wesley's presence. However, it was deleted. Too bad. I like Wesley. And I'm sure it wouldn't have added too much time to the movie to have put that in. It wasn't even in the deleted scenes! Oh, well. Maybe he got tired of doing the "traveller" thing and realized that his true, true calling was being in Starfleet, so he decided to go back. I don't know...

Does anyone know if Wil Wheaton is in the credits? I forgot to check when I rented the DVD.

A lot of time has passed since Wes left with the Traveller.  You may have noticed that Wes was wearing a dress uniform.  In the novelization of Nemesis it says that Wes is now a lieutenant and will be serving on the Titan with Riker.  I believe the explanation of Wes' presence was also explained in the part of the receptoin scene that was deleted.

Oh, really? I need to read that. Wow, I have this huge list of things to read. *sigh*

But there was supposed to be a scene that explained Wesley's presence. However, it was deleted. Too bad. I like Wesley. And I'm sure it wouldn't have added too much time to the movie to have put that in. It wasn't even in the deleted scenes! Oh, well. Maybe he got tired of doing the "traveller" thing and realized that his true, true calling was being in Starfleet, so he decided to go back. I don't know...

Does anyone know if Wil Wheaton is in the credits? I forgot to check when I rented the DVD.

Yes he is mentioned in the credits. Whoopi Goldberg's cameo though is uncredited.

On board the Titan with Riker? WT* that makes no sense at all? ah the beauty of Trek and how sometimes things can just be made so...silly. Yea Wes was at the table for 3 seconds..everyone in the theatre shouted "there's Wes!" was actually kinda weird. I forget was Cheif O'brien there? and why not? I found the whole weding scene to be rather un-funny and lacked the full amount of seriousness that should have been devoted to Riker and Troi's relationship.

On board the Titan with Riker? WT* that makes no sense at all? ah the beauty of Trek and how sometimes things can just be made so...silly. Yea Wes was at the table for 3 seconds..everyone in the theatre shouted "there's Wes!" was actually kinda weird. I forget was Cheif O'brien there? and why not? I found the whole weding scene to be rather un-funny and lacked the full amount of seriousness that should have been devoted to Riker and Troi's relationship.

O'Brien wasn't there. He and Riker weren't that close so it doesn't surprise me that he wouldn't be there.

I have to go read the novel again(I have read it so many times, I SHOULD have it memorized by now :andorian: ), but yes, I do believe that they explain Wes's presence more during the reception

I  actually like little Wes Crusher. It's too bad that his scene('s) didn't even make the deleted scenes on the DVD. I hope they put out a double disc with even more deleted scenes some day.

I would definitely buy it just to see the deleted Wesley scene.

Sorry if someone already wrote tihs but wasn't Nemesis suposed to be 3 hours long, but they cut all the bits with wesley in becasue they were told by paramount that it was to long and they needed to shorten it. Is this true, forgive me dont know if the dvd is out yet im in Britain. Would or does that have the extended version on it.

I can see as well as you can, I can feel everything you feel. Infact I can feel exactly what you feel

Sorry if someone already wrote tihs but wasn't Nemesis suposed to be 3 hours long, but they cut all the bits with wesley in becasue they were told by paramount that it was to long and they needed to shorten it. Is this true, forgive me dont know if the dvd is out yet im in Britain. Would or does that have the extended version on it.

I can see as well as you can, I can feel everything you feel. Infact I can feel exactly what you feel

:bow:

Sorry if someone already wrote tihs but wasn't Nemesis suposed to be 3 hours long, but they cut all the bits with wesley in becasue they were told by paramount that it was to long and they needed to shorten it. Is this true, forgive me dont know if the dvd is out yet im in Britain. Would  or does that have the extended version on it.

:bow:

John Logan has admitted that his script did come out longer than average. Stuart Baird decided to film the entire script rather than deciding what should stay and what should go before filming started. The initial cut apparently did come in at close to 3 hours and everyone had some scenes either cut or shortened for the theatrical release.

Sorry if someone already wrote tihs but wasn't Nemesis suposed to be 3 hours long, but they cut all the bits with wesley in becasue they were told by paramount that it was to long and they needed to shorten it. Is this true, forgive me dont know if the dvd is out yet im in Britain. Would  or does that have the extended version on it.

:lol:

John Logan has admitted that his script did come out longer than average. Stuart Baird decided to film the entire script rather than deciding what should stay and what should go before filming started. The initial cut apparently did come in at close to 3 hours and everyone had some scenes either cut or shortened for the theatrical release.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have minded the movie being 3 hours long, as most of the deleted scenes included in the DVD should have stayed in(especially the scene in Picard's Quarters), as well as the Ten Forward scene between Data and B4(which of course was not included in the deleted scenes)....if the movie came in at just under three hours, we would probably know where Wesley came from.

There would have been many more answers if they had included the other 40 minutes of deleted scenes in the special features. Ggrrrr