Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmartin

Bell Riot Day 2005

I would like everyone to use the anniversary of the Bell Riots to do things related to poverty, education and health care. The date is Sept. 1 2025. We missed this years future anniversary but we can all start planning for this years.

Nothing centralized just everyone doing their own things. No actual riots please.

-Jeff

What? :unsure:  :frusty:  :tear:

279843[/snapback]

It is from the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode of “Past Tense, Parts I and II”.
2024 Sisko, Bashir and Dax materialize in San Francisco. Sisko and Bashir are taken to a Sanctuary District, where Gabriel Bell, who would save the lives of many hostages, is accidentally killed because of their presence. Sisko saves history by pretending he is Bell. Historical records now list Bell with Sisko's photo as the man who peacefully ended the riot (DS9: "Past Tense").
post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

What? :unsure:  :tear:  :huh:

279843[/snapback]

It is from the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode of “Past Tense, Parts I and II”.
2024 Sisko, Bashir and Dax materialize in San Francisco. Sisko and Bashir are taken to a Sanctuary District, where Gabriel Bell, who would save the lives of many hostages, is accidentally killed because of their presence. Sisko saves history by pretending he is Bell. Historical records now list Bell with Sisko's photo as the man who peacefully ended the riot (DS9: "Past Tense").
post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

279848[/snapback]

Don't you mean historical records will list Bell with Sisko's picture? :( It ain't 2025 yet. :frusty:

AWW Geeze, you know some people are looking for ANY reason to have a good riot, aren't they? :unsure:

I suggest we celebrate the real great leaders of our time before we celebrate fictional ones.

Well that's not true, there's plenty to choose from - Mahatma Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Junior, Spartacus, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Winston Churchill, Michael Collins, Eamon Devalera, there's hundreds of greats to choose from.

wavey.gifWelcome to STARTREKFANS!

I would like everyone to use the anniversary of the Bell Riots to do things related to poverty, education and health care. The date is Sept. 1 2025. We missed this years future anniversary but we can all start planning for this years.

Nothing centralized just everyone doing their own things. No actual riots please.

-Jeff

279805[/snapback]

You mean NEXT years. Ok, everything I give to the homeless causes this year will be in memory of Bell. :unsure:

Well that's not true, there's plenty to choose from - Mahatma Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Junior, Spartacus, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Winston Churchill, Michael Collins, Eamon Devalera, there's hundreds of greats to choose from.

280305[/snapback]

Yes, but those guys are all dead.

An "Anniversary" is a celebration of something that has already occurred. Don't you think it's about time we came up with a word for something that WILL happen in the future? Something like a "Preverserrary" or "Anticiperserrary"?? come on, help me out here :o Any suggestions??? :frusty: :o Oh, how about "Prequilarry"??? :o :o :frusty:

I would like to give my prayers to those people who went through those tough times. Throughout the years, we have gone to through this like this. So we all should give thank to the people who work for us everyday.

Lursa