Sign in to follow this  
iamdax

Name my Baby

I'm due in 4 months and need a name for my baby...

I'm not sure of the baby's sex and would like a unique name.

Plz help

:)

Well, for my child I decide Trent for a boy and Evania for a girl. Ironically, Trent means "turmoil" while Evania means "tranquility." No I didn't do that on purpose.

For your child... Choose your two favoirte people and use a syllable from each of there names and make it a completely new and unique name.

For instance, "Jadzia" and "Nerys" could be "Jadrys" or "Nerzia." And those are only examples.

I have a female co-worker whose name is 'Aracely' (air-ah-SELL-ie). I wouldn't mind having that name myself!

For a boy, I kinda like 'Edison' (as in Edison Carter from 'Max Headroom'), but that's because I'm a fan of the show. :)

Oh, wow. I could go on forever and ever about unique baby names. Are you looking for anything in particular? Historical? Mythological? Fictional? Ethnic (Celtic, Arabic, African, Chinese, Hawaiian, etc)?

Going off what I said earlier, why don't you use the first syllable of your name and the last of your man's name? Or vice-versa, whichever one you prefer.

Hoo boy. Okay, let's see . . . for starters:

Boys:

Percival

Tristan

Julian

Armand

Baxter

Caleb

Ford

Peregrine

Ogden

Randon

Gilead

Marius

Raoul

Liam

Ewen

Girls:

(Star Wars names)

Leia

Mara

Mirax

Iella

Jaina

Tahiri

(Dragonriders of Pern names)

Lessa

Menolly

Mirrim

Brekke

Sharra

Sorka

Nerilka

(Greek mythology names)

Ariadne

Penelope

Electra

Iphigenia

Megara

Deianeira

(various names)

Marguerite

Nai Mei

Leilani

Sapphire

Sorrel

Harmony

Katriona

Ophelia

Miranda

Calandra

Chandris

Amethyst

Paloma

Tatiana

Memory (I once knew a girl named that)

I'm afraid I'm better at finding girls' names than boys'. :blush 2: But another thing to consider is just unusual spelling. For example, a friend of mine named one character in a story he was writing 'Nyklas' instead of 'Nicholas'. I like his spelling better than the classic one. Anyway, hope that helps a little bit. :)

Hoo boy. Okay, let's see . . . for starters:

Boys:

Percival

Tristan

Julian

Armand

Baxter

Caleb

Ford

Peregrine

Ogden

Randon

Gilead

Marius

Raoul

Liam

Ewen

Girls:

(Star Wars names)

Leia   

Mara 

Mirax 

Iella

Jaina

Tahiri

(Dragonriders of Pern names)

Lessa

Menolly

Mirrim

Brekke

Sharra

Sorka

Nerilka

(Greek mythology names)

Ariadne

Penelope

Electra

Iphigenia

Megara

Deianeira

(various names)

Marguerite

Nai Mei

Leilani

Sapphire

Sorrel

Harmony

Katriona

Ophelia

Miranda

Calandra

Chandris

Amethyst

Paloma

Tatiana

Memory (I once knew a girl named that)

I'm afraid I'm better at finding girls' names than boys'.  :blush 2: But another thing to consider is just unusual spelling. For example, a friend of mine named one character in a story he was writing 'Nyklas' instead of 'Nicholas'. I like his spelling better than the classic one. Anyway, hope that helps a little bit. :)

274125[/snapback]

I like the Pern names! I'm a huge fan of those books!

I'm due in 4 months and need a name for my baby...

I'm not sure of the baby's sex and would like a unique name.

Plz help

274109[/snapback]

:) My suggestion is: Create a new word using letters from yours and the fathers names.

I would think a nice Dutch name like:

PIETER: if it is a boy

GRIETJE : if it is a girl

But what is in a name, the important thing is that it will be born healthy, and it will have a cool mommy and dady who love it very much.

Enjoy you time pregnancy, and let your man make you feel good ( i did the same for my wife)

It takes two to have a baby

Edited by ILIKESEVEN

How about dax? :laugh: j/k lol

For a girl:

Tinuviel

Eledhwen(means starspray I think)(pronounced el-eth-wen)

For a guy:

Beren

God bless your pregnancy and baby!

Edited by Spockstellaiter

I love the name HUnter for a boy and Litha for a girl. (It is actually the pagan name for the summer solstice alternatively Willow.

Okay, I'll probably sound like an old mother hen, but I recommend putting a lot of thought into naming your child - he or she is the one that will have to live with the name and while unique is good - you can be too unique (Demi Moore's kids) Also tastes do change as you get older and you want something that will be taken seriously when the child becomes an adult. My first name is fairly traditional but not all that common - I knew other girls with the same nickname but not the same "real" name - which I insisted everyone call me after I was twelve.

My oldest sister has a really unusual name and my next a fairly common - I consider myself the lucky one.

If you try a foreign name make sure it doesn't have any other meanings. I've known people that picked up a foreign word because it sounded pretty but basically named their kid "ski resort" - ie chalet

Another word of caution. I heard this on the radio - so I guess I can put it here. I'm just adding it because it shows what can happen.

Click For Spoiler
This couple put a lot of thought into their child, Drew, 's name. But they never bothered to say it outloud with their surname, Peacock. They indicated regrets

Another interesting source would be if you've ever done your family tree - I found some great names from ancestors. I also had a friend who kept a running list of the "disasters" she found doing geneaology.

Unique spelling can alway jazz up a more common name.

Another option is to start with a quality or characteristic and look up names that mean that.

The down side to unusual names is you can never find things that have the kids name on them.

By the time you combine the first, middle and last name you should have a fairly unique name.

On the note of that "drew peacock" thing I know someone with the last name of abbott. She was thinking of naming her child "peter". try saying that out loud! lol

Edited by Spockstellaiter

Good thing I never had children, or it would have been Myrtle for a girl and Stanley for a boy.

Just kidding. A son would of been called Sairrin and a daughter would of be Jen'Nyssa or Bethia

Edited by BlueCrystal

For a boy, I kinda like 'Edison' (as in Edison Carter from 'Max Headroom'), but that's because I'm a fan of the show.  :laugh: 

274116[/snapback]

Wowzer, that is a good name. :laugh:

Lately, I've been just planning to call him (who is still currently unexisting): Orwell. But I'll need to think up of a neat and inventive last name, rather than my dull current one. :flex:

<-----Also |oved the series of Max Headroom. :look: They really should rerun it again, but G4TechTV isn't re-airing them these day5.. :bow:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

A few suggestions from Ireland:

For a boy: Ciarán, Darragh, Eamon, Enda, Patrick, Rory, Séan.

For a girl: Ailbhe, Aine, Aisling, Bláithnid, Cina, Deirdre, Etain, Gráinne, Labhaoise, Orlaith, Saoirse.

If you want to know aht any of them mean then just PM me.

Oh and congratulations on the baby.

How about something like "T-Bone" or "The Gooch" Pretty much any name that start with "The" is always good.

Parents can do their kids a huge favor by giving them names that will automatically establish them on a high social rung in Jr. High.

I always felt sorry for the kids with names like "Simon," or "Herbert."

All great names!!!!!!!!!

Went for an ultrasound today and the baby is doing fine!!!

I'm soooooo excited

Rock on 4eva

Sinikka for a girl, Jasik for a boy.

Hey I just noticed that your signature... The last time I posted in the Please Stay Off-Topic board, that what I said.... You copy-cat! Even if you did it first, copy-cat! :laugh: