Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Can You Bandwaggon Yourself? ~

Bandwagonning in the site is when a thread starts out with a topic. Then it goes OFF TOPIC and stays there.

Hyjacking is when someone takes the idea of another person's Thread and Just rewords the title and starts a new thread about that very same topic.

So if someone accuses someone of Bandwaggoning a whole group of threads it doesn't make any sense, now does it? Well, it does in a way but wouldn't the word 'Hyjacking' be more appropriate? I mean if the original idea was theirs how can it be a hyjack?? :( Help me, anybody. This is driving me nuts. :)

Doesn't everyone bandwagon? I mean it makes for a better discussion to reference comments made earlier in other threads. Some topics are related. I figure that's why the boards are divided into sections. A place to discuss TNG topics, a place to discuss Science and Technology topics, a place for jokes, and so on. I don't understand why someone would resent a section of the board. If the mods feel a thread is inappropriate for the board or in the wrong forum they'll move it or close it. I trust the mods and I don't go from thread to thread whining about how much I don't like a thread or part of the forum. Nor do I point out threads that are inactive just because I want them closed for spite. :( That's just petty. There are threads I just don't understand so I don't post in them. In short I'm all for bandwagoning. Even if it does confuse me sometimes. :)

bandwagoning is kinda bad, like lets say you have a topic about the goverment overuling US citzens rights to eat at mcdonalds and than after a few posts john doe comes in and says, I love burger king, than bob comes in and says me 2 I love it! so on so forth.

While was in boot camp and I had learn something on communications and how easily it can get mess-up. The instructor had whisper in the ear of one of the recruits and has to pass what said to the rest of the class. When it got to the last recruits and what recruits said was different from what the instructor had stated to the first recruits.

Sometimes of what one person reads in the post can be very different than the what author of the thread has intended.