Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

Enterprise vs. Death Star

I saw this at www.grudge-match.com, and the Death Star won by a long shot. Of course, the Death Star was being pitted against Enterprise 1701. I was thinking more along the line of the Enterprise E.

And don't say Enterprise just because you like Star Trek better, or vice versa. I want to see intelligent, compelling arguments!

Well i would be surprised if the Enterprise could take out the death star IMO it would take a fleet of galaxy class ships to destroy it so i say Death star all the way :b-day:

It is an unfair question. That would be like asking which would win: an imperial shuttle or the Enterprise. The Deathstar is a space station after all.

Considering Enterprises scanning and aiming abilities, I'd say they would possibly be able to aim at the infamous exhaust port and destroy the deathstar. But that's just my opinion.

Considering Enterprises scanning and aiming abilities, I'd say they would possibly be able to aim at the infamous exhaust port and destroy the deathstar. But that's just my opinion.

269836[/snapback]

I agree. After all a ship smaller than ANY Enterprise was able to destroy it.

The Enterprise is more maneuverable than the Death Star. It could go to the other side of the station where the planet-destroying beam is not and fire away.

Depending on the firing range of the turbolaser batteries, the Enterprise could stay there indefinately and just fire away.

I would believe the Death Star would win. It just the size and has lots of fire power per squire inch than the Enterprise. Enterprise is more movable, but the Death Star was design to destroy planets. Plus the Death Star is about the size of a small moon. To find and get to exhaust port would be even more of luckier shot than Luke's.

I think a better comparison would be the Enterprise vs a Star Destroyer. The Death Star is a space station. Hmm...the Death Star vs Deep Space Nine? :biggrin:

I think a better comparison would be the Enterprise vs a Star Destroyer. The Death Star is a space station. Hmm...the Death Star vs Deep Space Nine? :biggrin:

270318[/snapback]

I agree with you. It would be only fair.

270318[/snapback]

I agree with you. It would be only fair.

270321[/snapback]

:laugh: He's usually right about this stuff, I never argue with him either. :laugh:

Here's a pic of the Death Star. It reminds me of the Dyson Sphere from TNG. It's moon sized so the Enterprise couldn't hurt it I would imagine. I think even DS9 would be tiny compared to it. I remember reading somewhere that it had a crew of about 1,000,000. :biggrin:

post-691-1097273523.gif

The Enterprise is more maneuverable than the Death Star.  It could go to the other side of the station where the planet-destroying beam is not and fire away. 

Depending on the firing range of the turbolaser batteries, the Enterprise could stay there indefinately and just fire away.

270305[/snapback]

Not to mention that the regular anti-fighter lasers the Death Star had were not very powerful, the Enterprise's shields could withstand them for a very long time. Once shields are gone, the Enterprise could just back off to make repairs, but still fire torpedoes. And if they can't hit something that size, even firing blind, they deserve to lose.

I think a better comparison would be the Enterprise vs a Star Destroyer.

No way, one torpedoe to a Star Destroyer's bridge and it's all done. And they're not that hard to hit.

270318[/snapback]

No contest there. Deep Space Nine, nor any starbase would survive since it has no way to avoid the planet-laser of the Deat Star.

As a side note, depending on which Death Star it is, the Enterprise could have a chance. The first Death Star didn't have the capability to target capital ships, and it took a significant amount of time to charge the laser.

The Second Death Star though could fire on ships and charge its laser much faster.

270318[/snapback]

No contest there. Deep Space Nine, nor any starbase would survive since it has no way to avoid the planet-laser of the Deat Star.

As a side note, depending on which Death Star it is, the Enterprise could have a chance. The first Death Star didn't have the capability to target capital ships, and it took a significant amount of time to charge the laser.

The Second Death Star though could fire on ships and charge its laser much faster.

270426[/snapback]

Good point. It also just occured to me that while the Enterprise would probably be unable to target the exhaust port, a shuttlecraft could. And the Enterprise could probably make short work of any fighters sent after the shuttle(s).

270318[/snapback]

270426[/snapback]

Good point. It also just occured to me that while the Enterprise would probably be unable to target the exhaust port, a shuttlecraft could. And the Enterprise could probably make short work of any fighters sent after the shuttle(s).

270431[/snapback]

Even a runabout would do good. If a runabout could take out a Jem'Hadar warship, what threat does a few TIE-fighters pose to it?

At first I posted that I didn't think it was a fair comparison but after reading some of the other responses I've changed my opinion completely around. I wonder why they don't use any type of shielding on ships in Star Wars. Remember how easily that one out of control ship destroyed that Super Star Destroyer in Return of the Jedi. I now have to agree that I think the Enterprise could take the Death Star with no problems.

If you want to do a match-up using comparably sized ships/space stations, how about the Death Star versus a Borg Cube.