Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Emissary

I watched Emissary again the other day with my mother. She is a Star Trek fan but had never seen any of DS9 so I took my DVD of the Emissary to her and played it. In it I noticed something I hadn't noticed before.

On Siskos ship that Locutus destroys, the Vulcan captain only speaks a line or two in the whole doubel episode. When he spoke though it hit me. " :look: That's Martok!"

I went and looked up the credits. In Emisarry the credits show this:

John Noah Hertzler as Vulcan Captain

In the Martok episodes the credits read:

J.G. Hertzler as Martok

Does anyone know if indeed this is Martok or maybe a borther? I believe it is him but the difference in credit makes me a little unsure.

Ohmigosh, I never noticed that! (I need that darn encyclopedia...) Giant kudos to you! :D I wish I could go check it out right now, but I sold my copy of Emissary . :look:

I knew it had to be him. Star Trek is really good for using their actors in other diverse roles. Going all the way back to Mark Lenard and Majel Barret.

I wonder if any other shows utilize thier talent as much as Star Trek utilizes theirs.

I doubt it. I have always loved the way that Trek uses actors for different roles. Expessially the ones where they play characters that are not from trek such as the time travel episodes.

Yeah, I noticed him as the captain maybe 6 months ago! Weird how his middle name goes from "Noah" to "G". It has got to be him tho! He probably just changed his hollywood name a little like many actors do.