Sign in to follow this  
Kyra_Ashleigh

Baby Borgs?

So I was chatting with a coworker tonight and he brought up the idea of Borg babies.

I insisted that the Borg assimilate and therefore don't need to breed, he says that he saw baby Borgs in the ep where Q introduced Picard to the Borg. (I don't have my book on me and can't remember the name of the ep) :clap:

Do the Borg have children? Assimilate children?

I always envisioned the Borg as the kind of (species, people, creatures) that would kill children rather than assimilate them.

Thanks for helping the girlie that doesn't want to pull her whole stack of TNG vids out of storage to figure this one out! :clap:

The borg assimilate children, then place them in maturation chambers.

While TNG may not address this issue, Voyager does.

Here's a picture of that Borg baby your friend meant. It's from the episode "Q Who?" :clap:

Click For Spoiler
qwho227.jpg

They asimilate everything from a valuable race, that includes the children and babies. They're placed in maturation chambers and develop at an extremely acceleerated rate.

So I was chatting with a coworker tonight and he brought up the idea of Borg babies.

I insisted that the Borg assimilate and therefore don't need to breed, he says that he saw baby Borgs in the ep where Q introduced Picard to the Borg. (I don't have my book on me and can't remember the name of the ep)  :b-day:

Do the Borg have children? Assimilate children?

I always envisioned the Borg as the kind of (species, people, creatures) that would kill children rather than assimilate them.

Thanks for helping the girlie that doesn't want to pull her whole stack of TNG vids out of storage to figure this one out!  :b-day:

269104[/snapback]

actually, that's one of the most horrifing/chilling aspects of the Borg...that hasn't really been covered much....yes they assimilate children and even babies...nothing goes to waste....then they start altering them...even as infants...with their technology....remember seven of nine...she had part of her brain removed and a eye.....it's really horrible to think about it.. and 7 or 9 did say that the Borg reproduce..just not sexually...the collective simply combine any DNA they want to come up with different combinations...test tube Borg.. The whole concept of childhood..no childhood...is sad too. Studies have shown what happens when infants are left alone when they are young without love or attention from a "mother"...really chilling.

Here's a picture of that Borg baby your friend meant. It's from the episode "Q Who?"  :b-day:

Click For Spoiler
qwho227.jpg

269125[/snapback]

That picture breaks my heart as a parent! :b-day:

actually, that's one of the most horrifing/chilling aspects of the Borg...that hasn't really been covered much....yes they assimilate children and even babies...nothing goes to waste....then they start altering them...even as infants...with their technology....remember seven of nine...she had part of her brain removed and a eye.....it's really horrible to think about it.. and 7 or 9 did say that the Borg reproduce..just not sexually...the collective simply combine any DNA they want to come up with different combinations...test tube Borg.. The whole concept of childhood..no childhood...is sad too. Studies have shown what happens when infants are left alone when they are young without love or attention from a "mother"...really chilling.

Your comments really alter the way I look at the Borg. They're scary to look at, but then you take a closer look at what they do in assimilating even children and it brings it home that much harder.

Thanks again for sharing all this helpful info. My friend will be happy to know he was right... and it looks like I've got a few hundred hours of viewing before I can even become a fraction as knowledgeable as some members of this board! :b-day:

I think the Borg are a perfect example of the philosophy "The Ends Justify The Means." The Borg seek perfection, they began as a purely biological species and incorporated cybernetic enhancements to improve themselves. They then reached a point where they needed to assimilate other technologies and then it progressed to species, so that they could continue their evolution towards perfection. It's been stated many times in Star Trek that humans in the Star Trek universe work to better themselves and the human race as a whole. I think this is similiar to what the Borg do but for the Borg the goal is absolute whereas for the humans the journey is as important as the destination. Humans could not achieve perfection if they violated the rights of other species to exist in peace and develop as they see fit.

Here's a picture of that Borg baby your friend meant. It's from the episode "Q Who?"  :b-day:

Click For Spoiler
qwho227.jpg

269125[/snapback]

That's so cute, yet very sad.

The whole concept of childhood..no childhood...is sad too.  Studies have shown what happens when infants are left alone when they are young without love or attention from a "mother"...really chilling.

269193[/snapback]

I think that in the case of the Borg, those studies aren't worth much. Those studies are based on humans, i.e. creatures with free will. The Borg have none.

On another note, I think it would be interesting to see Borg children in use during an attack. Think of it, Borg are attacking, you're fighting back, and all of a sudden robo-baby crawls up and gets you. When, I wasn't exactly thinking about Borg children THAT young...

The borg assimilate children, then place them in maturation chambers.

While TNG may not address this issue, Voyager does.

269106[/snapback]

Here's a picture from the Star Trek: Voyager episode: "Drone". :b-day:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

post-812-1097045135.jpg

On another note, I think it would be interesting to see Borg children in use during an attack. Think of it, Borg are attacking, you're fighting back, and all of a sudden robo-baby crawls up and gets you. When, I wasn't exactly thinking about Borg children THAT young... 

I'm getting a mental picture of a Borg toddler attacking with the equivalent of a cyborg poopy diaper! :b-day:

But, I'd think if they managed to assimilate human children, that all the stuff that goes through their minds would cause a massive overload to the colective and they'd self-destruct.

Think about it... most of what babies and toddlers think of is what they want. Hook them into the collective and wouldn't every Borg be screaming for a ba-ba? :b-day:

But, I'd think if they managed to assimilate human children, that all the stuff that goes through their minds would cause a massive overload to the colective and they'd self-destruct.

Think about it... most of what babies and toddlers think of is what they want. Hook them into the collective and wouldn't every Borg be screaming for a ba-ba?  :b-day:

Maybe the begin the assimilation process with infants in a different way? Meaning, not giving them full collective access until their minds are a bit more mature. Of course, with Borg technology, and infant's mind could be completely deleted of everything, including base urges. Like expressing the need to food.

Thanks!

Do you have an ep I can refer my friend to? You are awesome!  :flowers:

269111[/snapback]

You might want to try the Voyager episode from season 6 called Collective. That is an episode where Voyager comes across a damaged cube being run by a number of children whose maturation chambers were damaged and they came out too early. The Borg abandoned them for that reason.

yes, collective would be the best example, and Do not worship me, for compared to some of this boards members I am amature, I merely have seen every episode of Voyager and 80% of Tng, almost no DS9 or TOS or ENT

yes, collective would be the best example, and Do not worship me, for compared to some of this boards members I am amature, I merely have seen every episode of Voyager and 80% of Tng, almost no DS9 or TOS or ENT

271045[/snapback]

I can understand that. When TNG finished, I knew everything about Trek. And I mean everything. But after that, I didn't watch new stuff much anymore, and it ended almost entirely after the second season of Voyager. I have only recently started watching again, and I've picked up quite a bit since then. I just wish there was a station around here (that I know of) that played Voyager.

I need more!

Yes, One is where Seven's nanoprobes assimilate the doctor's holoemitter. She mentions about borg maturation chambers.

The whole concept of childhood..no childhood...is sad too.  Studies have shown what happens when infants are left alone when they are young without love or attention from a "mother"...really chilling.

269193[/snapback]

I think that in the case of the Borg, those studies aren't worth much. Those studies are based on humans, i.e. creatures with free will. The Borg have none.

269326[/snapback]

That last part made me LMAO.....Borg.....Chucky! child's play meets ST Chucky had been assimilated...and he's back and he's really %^^ off!