Sign in to follow this  
Odie

Computer Hunting

Does any find that their computer is acting stranger than normally. Since coming home from work I have lost the internet connections three times. Each time that I have lost the connection I had to restart my computer.

I have had similar problems. It makes my computer and all programs freeze

Why restart? Why not repair the connection... Riht click on the icon and it will disable the connection and restart it....

Thanks! I think my computer got flood with spywhere. I got most if out of the system and still have over 200 more to go. :biggrin:

I find my system works better when I don't have any instant messaging program installed. AIM really froze things up. And since I quit signing in to MSN messenger I don't get disconnected anymore? Could be something else I guess but that certainly helped.

Too bad about the spyware. :biggrin:

It does matter if I have IM on or not. Its getting better. I think its the all that spywhere. I need a better bug killer. :biggrin:

I find my system works better when I don't have any instant messaging program installed.  AIM really froze things up.  And since I quit signing in to MSN messenger I don't get disconnected anymore?  Could be something else I guess but that certainly helped.

Too bad about the spyware. :biggrin:

270434[/snapback]

I've noticed the same problem with MSN messenger and AIM. I do use the Yahoo IM a lot and I haven't had any major problems. I've also learned to keep a sharp eye out for any spyware or adware. Reading those end license user agreements are a pain but I was surprised by the garbage they try to pass by you.