Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

NX-01 Enterprise VS Akira-class

Akira-class

AkiraAnim.gif

NX-class

NXAnim.gif

Well, what do you think about the similarities and differences?

I like to think of the Akira-class as a tribute to the NX-class. In reallity, the Akira-class was really popular, thus the NX-01 was based on the Akira-class in the same way the 1701-D was based on Kirk's ENT.

The first one looks defiently upgraded, I love the matellic hull look. Somehow NX-01 doesnt look to scifish, basic design and basic hull.

Yeah, the NX-01 has the basic look, and that's great because it is supposed too.. The Akira-class looks a lot more complex.

I think the Akira class was modeled after the old NX class vessels.It was a good design then and a good design now!

I agree with it being a tribute to the NX class.

Yes, there are some similiarities, but not anything significant enough to say that either was based off the other.

similar, but i think that akira class is awsome looking. when, and what is that from? but the nx-01 is still beautiful.

similar, but i think that akira class is awsome looking. when, and what is that from? but the nx-01 is still beautiful.

Akira-class was introduced in the movie Star Trek First Contact, featured durring the Dominion War on DS9, and seen in 2 VOY episodes.

i guess i should be paying more attention to these things. but now thanks to these boards, and posts im starting to pay more attention to detail now. keep it up people. :look:

i guess i should be paying more attention to these things. but now thanks to these boards, and posts im starting to pay more attention to detail now. keep it up people. :look:

Posting here does make you pay more attention to detail doesn't it.

I think they're both really cool starships. But not really that similar, like some people claim.

Guess I'll be paying more attention too! I had never heard of the Akira class before. I thought maybe you had made it up. That's weird the similarity. Any official statement on this coincidence? Hmmm. If looks like they didn't have to go to far to design the ship.

The official explanation is that the Akira-class grew to be very popular since it's first appearance in ST:FC. With that said, they decided to base the NX-01 on the Akira-class, much in the same way the 1701-D for TNG was based on the 1701 from TOS.

The in story explanation would be that the Akira-class is a tribute to the NX-class.

they're not the same, but you can definatley see similarities where one would of been disigned in an homage to the previous. either way i like both the akira is cool though.